It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snopes Debunked After FBI Raid.. I knew they were full of it..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.dailysquib.co.uk...

The Urban Legend website that sets to debunk many internet stories was yesterday raided by thousands of FBI agents in a dawn swoop that took the owners by surprise. The offices for Snopes were housed in a disused warehouse near La Cienega and their location moved every week for the past few years. "We could not trace where the Snopes people held their servers because they would move them every week. It is very hard for law enforcement to track down and bring to justice such sites," Lieutenant Bill Rapaport told the Daily Squib.

so.. if they were moving around to different un-used warehouses for their servers..
why didnt they just have it hosted overseas.. that would have made it ALOT harder to close them down..
yea, the snopes guys are REAL good at this game.. :-/

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ahh crap.. just noticed the date..
another april fools joke..

:-/ sorry guys..

MODs, please delete..

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KATSUO

"Thousands of FBI agents?" Hmmm. This is clearly false. Do you have any personal feeings about this site? What laws did they break? Any cracking down on legitamate debate is always a bad bad thing, imo. Thanks for the post.

Edit: SAW YOUR LAST POST - I've posted two stories on ATS that later turned out to be jokes...move away from the thread as quickly as possible and just pretend you knew it all along.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 24-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Where is your source for this information? I find it hard to believe that THOUSANDS of FBI agents were on the lookout for Snopes.com. First of all, why??? I swear the owner of the site was just on VHI the other day for some reason.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
uhm...

The Daily Squib is a satirical publication and should therefore not be taken too [snip]ing seriously

just sayin...

new topics

top topics

join