It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow may sink to 5000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That's the bad news that I just read in an article. I have to admit that if the dow gets that low, I'm jumping back in to the market.

Like all things, people seem to trade stocks on emotion. Sometimes this works to their disadvantage. So, it may mean that the dow will sink far below what it should. That creates a buying opportunity. The real trick is knowing when you are seeing a true bottom of the market.

Dow Sink to 5000

I certainly can't see a bottom yet. I hope this doesn't drag out too long. It's really going to cut into my retirement if it does.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'd wait until around February 11th or so. You won't see bottom until it hits 3200 or so.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would have to agree that it is going to go lower than 5g's. The market over all is so unstable as it is.they havent even started reporting just how bad things are on the "main street" in what ever country. It has been bits and pieces here and there. But when it gets in there and the news people see how much they can make off it is when its going to implode.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

I think 3200 seems a little low.

I got out of the market last year. For once I think that I did the right thing.

I'll most likely miss the true bottom of the market because I'm a little reluctant to be the first one to jump back in the water.

The picture I have in my mind is all the penguins crowding next to the edge of the ice until one falls in. The rest wait to see if that one gets eaten. I hope to be standing on the edge, not the first one in the water.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ATS effect in play. Everything's fine. Dow back up to 12k.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

Great news.

That's why I believe everything that is written here at ATS.

God Bless ATS

I'm so relieved.'
'

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Wildbob77]

top topics

join