It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`We blew it` on global food, says Bill Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

`We blew it` on global food, says Bill Clinton

www.topix.net

Former President Clinton told a U.N. gathering Thursday that the global food crisis shows 'we all blew it, including me,' by treating food crops 'like color TVs' instead of as a vital commodity for the world's poor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lasvegassun.com
www.aikenstandard.com

[edit: title to same as source]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nice to see someone taking responsibility for something in politics. With all the bashing that has been going on lately it is always someone else's fault. I for one am tired of all this lets blame it on the opposite party because it is always their fault how about let the party finally take responsibility for their action and we as citizens need to take back government and bring it too the people we should decide if our congress gets a raise or lets take away their benefits until they finally start to do something right.

www.topix.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He blew it ?

Is he going to make recompense ?

Do they ever ?

Will he ever go hungry ?

How casual, ' We blew it ' .. ' now watch this swing '

And they get away with it, one after the other .. because we allow them to ?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Someone explain to me where the sense is in apologizing for not giving enough in handouts and wellfare. Whatever happened to the poor being happy to get what they get and following the old addage "Never look a gift horse in the mouth?" My God, the sense of entitlement we Americans are indoctrinated to accept from the poor is sickening.

Edited to add: I have no problem with people giving their own money, food, time, whatever to the poor, the homeless, the beggarts, whatever. I have major problems, however, when not only are my tax dollars used for that end without my explicit permission, but then one of these arrogant sacks of crap actually has the scrotum to apologize for us all for not "doing enough." Excuse me? We treated crops like color TVs? Oh, Lord forbid that American farmers actually turn a profit and can comfortably feed their own families FIRST, before they feed some starving pigmy in Africa.

I also can't help but notice that he completely failed to mention the REAL issue... ethanol. We treated a food crop as fuel, but you'll never hear anyone that toes the liberal party's line bring that little fact up because it was done in the name of the farce of global warming.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by burdman30ott6]

new topics

top topics

join