It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest Paid Staffer for McCain/Palin? Palin's Makeup Stylist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period

The New York Times reports that Amy Strozzi, the traveling makeup artist for Sarah Palin, is in fact the top-paid staffer on the campaign. Strozzi was paid $22,800 during just the first two weeks of October, compared to only $12,500 for top foreign-policy adviser Randy Scheunemann.

NYT -

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

The Mr. Scheunmann reference is the McCain/Palin Foreign policy expert. Considering the lack of knowledge of the VP candidate, perhaps it would be wise to spend more on something that actually matters.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Does that beat Edwards hairstylist?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't know. He paid $400 buck for a hair cut. Apparently she pays $11,000.00 a week for her stylist. I'm assuming it's more. Also, isn't the point why in the world is a makeup artist your highest paid staffer? Is it because they have more "polish" than substance?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

When you're going after the "undecided" (read: has no idea who their representatives are and probably thinks the US has 57 states) appearances are infinitely more important than policies.

It's down the lowest common denominator now. Either promise them a bunch of free stuff we cant afford or just look pretty. Thats how you get them.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Underneath it all, this is what I am trying NOT to acknowledge. You are right though. There is the element of presentation - and those who live in that 57th state (nice one - I heard it the other day
) need their HOT hockey mom! Oi, you are right though.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Call me old-fashioned, but I think this in an unnecessary luxury. You don't have to be a brain to learn to do your own make-up. This is putting Governor Palin in the same class/lifestyle as the elite. Folksy? - my arse

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Once again, liberal side reaching to smear Palin. Tho ridiculous , i find it amusing that you put so much effort into things that are inconsequential to the election, instead of the things that matter, GO DEMS!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Someone's got to coverup the moose blood in her hair.

No that was not a bigoted comment against small town America. I meant that she is a little bit rough around the edges and lets face it, a lot of her appeal to male voters is that shes pretty smokin hot.

I think what happens with elections is that every candidate pulls out all the stops to try and win, and that includes stupid levels of spending on anything and everything in a mad dash to victory.

Not to mention that most staffers who have real positions of responsibility usually believe in the political side of the campaign and dont mind being paid peanuts. Its only the mercenaries (so to speak) that need paying to keep them on side.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

First off, very little effort in opening up the NYT and reading it. Took me about 2 minutes to post after that.
Second of all, it is NOT important in the long run. But what does it say for their campaign? Do you not agree she needs polishing on Foreign Policy? The Republican party thinks so, your own right wing media machine thinks so, apparently you believe she's up to speed on it. Ok. When your own party is throwing you under the bus, it's not so good.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Due to the trends in this thread, it is being closed.

Please read This Thread for a better grasp of what ATS will and will not allow to be posted during this election season.

--Thread Closed--

new topics

top topics

join