It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Voting and Registration Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I voted early and I know a lot of people who are. I thought it was interesting that in Florida, they changed the rules and cut down on early voting days and hours. Still, people are forming lines and waiting 5 hours sometimes to vote early. And the records of early voting is breaking records. (Edit: WTH did that mean?
)

Early Voting in Pictures

More Pictures of S. Florida Early Voters

When I saw this story on the news last night, I felt so proud! People are really taking their vote seriously this year. They are willing to miss work and wait 5 hours in line just to have their voice heard.

And this year,98% of Michigan is registeres to vote!

This is a very important election!

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Any reason not to work on a Friday works for me.
If the lines are that long now I can't imagine what election day will be like. Perhaps I will pack a picnic lunch and bring my travel scrabble. Or perhaps a hockey mask and pads may come more handy.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The lines for early voting have been quite long in my area as well. I went yesterday and it was slowing down a bit and I got in pretty quickly (but still the first time I've ever seen lines for early voting), but a family friend who went Monday confirmed that he had to stand in line for quite a while.

If this trend continues through election day, it appears that overall turnout is going to be quite high this year. I think the eventual winner is going to receive well over 70 million votes nationwide, which would easily beat the 62M record Bush set in '04.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A question concerning early voting:

In the event BHO is disqualified by the courts through is Berg suit- How are the votes that have been cast for BHO to be counted, or will they?

I recall BHO saying something to the effect that people should get out and vote early, do not wait for 11-4, something may happen before then, so vote early.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Everyone should keep an extra eye on the Volunteers that typically work the polling stations. These good people are doing their civic duty and may not have received the best training. I hope people do not vent their frustrations on these folks. I witnessed some of that in 2004. Without the volunteers, the whole system would be worse than it already is in most areas. Please be kind and be patient. This is why election should be a national holiday.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

If that were to happen, since he would have been ruled ineligible, they would not be counted.

Yet another reason why early voting is probably unconstitutional (that said, I always vote early).

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My husband and I just went to vote today as we will be out of town on election day. There weren't long lines, but I was surprised that there were a good number of people there.

I thought maybe they would only permit early voting for a few hours each day, but to my surprise they're open Monday - Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

top topics

join