It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This may offend some, but hey, it's possible.

Durring Marys time:

Back then, people believed tons of BS. Everyother person was a prophet, and put up on a pedestal to tell his story. They in a sense were worshiped. The people of that time, for the most part, were gullible.

Now what if Mary, who at the time was thought to be a virgin, had sex with someone who coulda been banished from the area, or was deformed, or was a criminal, or anything like that. Maybe she even sold herself. Then she got pregnant from the encounter. Now to escape embarrasment from the actions she done, she lies. She tells people god did it. She says she never had sex.

Blah, blah, blah, people back then were dumb enough to believe. Now instead of her being an outcast, she's also put up on a pedestal.

If you think about it, some chicks to this day lie about being raped, lie about who the father of her child, etc, etc,... So it's very possible she did the same thing.

I for one, think that's a more likely story to believe, cause.............. I'm rational. I'm not a weak minded individual.
=======================================

But hey, if you wanna continue thinking an invisible spirit impregnated a women when no one was around, with magic, then continue to do so.

But also think about what would happen if some chick tried saying that today. Even the pope would tell her to get the hell outa here.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That's fine that you believe that but why call everyone who believes in something else a "weak minded individual?"

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I didn't.....technically. I just said I wasn't.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The numerous "Holy Grail" writings and more recently "the Da Vinci Code," have cast a new light on Jesus and Christianity. Those with an open mind will find truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Nice theory but it doesnt explain the star.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
Nice theory but it doesnt explain the star.

Maybe the fact that Mary is a representation of the Egyptian goddess Isis would explain the star? Isis was represented by Sirius.

The Black Madonnas that are often found in French cathedrals have been proved to be representations of Isis when examined and not from the Christian faith as first thought.

Her life, actions and symbology also directly shadows that of the earlier Isis.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If your thoughts about Mary were even remotely true, how does it explain Joseph being told by an angel/messenger not to divorce Mary because she was pregnant? Wouldn�t Joseph have found out it was true when they did have relations the first time after the birth? Wouldn�t you also have to have the same supposition about John the Baptist�s mom since both Jesus and John were conceived about if not the same time? Not even to mention the three wise men that were searching out the baby and how they learnt about the baby Jesus, plus the star.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
[quote
There had not ben a prophet for 400 years before Jesus so no, not everyone was a prophet. There were priests and rabis but no prophets. If they believed what everyone else said why did they stone the prophets when the prophets spoke to them in the past. They did not believe rants and revings, they were probably more sceptical than some people on this site and that really is saying something. They were not gullible.

Blah, blah, blah, people back then were dumb enough to believe. Now instead of her being an outcast, she's also put up ]
Back then, people believed tons of BS. Everyother person was a prophet, and put up on a pedestal to tell his story. They in a sense were worshiped. The people of that time, for the most part, were gullible.

on a pedestal.

No they were not dumb, less scientific yes but not dumb, anyway it was the wisest of the people that called for Jesus to be crucified.

I for one, think that's a more likely story to believe, cause.............. I'm rational. I'm not a weak minded individual.

You call me a weak minded individual why? isnt it more weak minded to deny God and to try and to fail to support yourself. You dont back up your claims with any evidence and seem to know very little about it all.

\Mary didnt go round shoutng out Jesus is not Josephs son and he is God's although she knew this. People believed t to be Josephs. The leading priests said who is this man who claims to be the Christ is he not just the son of a carpenter. They did not believe him to be from God, they did not believe mary was raped.

It was not by words but by actions that Jesus shows us who he is. He fuffilled over 300 prophacys including:

where he will be born (bethlehem),
to what family (the family of david), how he will die (he was pierced for our transgessions, floggings)
the soldiers would throw lots for his clothing (the soldiers played dice).
The people woukld welcome him as a king in to israel riding on a donkey (palm sunday),
he was betrayed by one of his closest friends (Judas)for 30 pieces of silver which bought potters field (this was prophacised in jerimiah.

Thats of the top of my head without even looking in to a bible. You could say oh well he could have just arranged for it to happen that way. How can you arrange where your born? how can you arrange the way your trial will be heald? Why would you do it anyway, if he was a good trickster e would have gained something, He went to the cross with hardly any possesions, if he was mad why are his teachings the basis for moral laws in nearly every country. in the three years of his ministry he made more of an impact than any president or king and this was without press or media.

Who do you say he is, how can you deny such overwhelming evidence and say its more rational not to believe in him. Jesus even said this would happen, he said that the gosple will seem foolishness to some, that thier eyes will be closed to the truth, everything he has said has proven true, how can a rational mind deny such overwhelming evidence??

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Adrianay]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The numerous "Holy Grail" writings and more recently "the Da Vinci Code," have cast a new light on Jesus and Christianity. Those with an open mind will find truth.

The Da Vinci Code is a fiction book. It is really sad that the only religious information that many people are exposed to are through the media and entertainment.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You call me a weak minded individual why?

Again, I didn't say anyone was weak minded, I just said I wasn't. But if I had to say it twice for you to catch on, perhaps you are.

Mary didnt go round shoutng out Jesus is not Josephs son and he is God's although she knew this. People believed t to be Josephs.

In otherwords, she mislead the public.

He fuffilled over 300 prophacys including:

where he will be born
to what family

How exactly does someone predict where they'll be born, and to what family?

The people woukld welcome him as a king in to israel riding on a donkey

This was prophecized, and knowing this, he rode a pony. He coulda been working them over. Shoot, just cause someone rides a pony through some gates, doesn't mean he's the savior. It means he didn't feel like walking.

he was betrayed by one of his closest friends

This happens everyday, to tns of people. I bet everyone on this site was at one time, betrayed by one of thier best friends. This is like predicting it'll rain sometime this year.

how can you deny such overwhelming evidence and say its more rational not to believe in him

What evidence?

Jesus even said this would happen, he said that the gosple will seem foolishness to some, that thier eyes will be closed to the truth

[sarcasm]Of course he did, people might not believe if he didn't. I'd say something like that too if I knew people wouldn't believe in a sory I told.[sarcasm]

========================================

Now answer my question.

If a woman in todays society, who was marrried, but still a virgin, came up to you, and told you Mary's story, but claimed it all happened to her too, would you believe her?

Of course you wouldn't. You'd probabally be offended by her words.

Then again, for all I know, you might say you believed in her just to spite me.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think that the theory about Mary and her son Jesus goes much deeper than the physical manifestations. They are a metaphor for the mysteries that are hidden from the followers of the Bible.

I think that those with the knowledge about these metaphors of the mother Mary and Jesus are those who are initiated into the Mystery Schools. Those who worship Christ in the Bible don't really know the true meaning of it all and what the true powers they refer to.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Again, I didn't say anyone was weak minded, I just said I wasn't. But if I had to say it twice for you to catch on, perhaps you are.

Technically you called no one weak minded, but you implied that anyone who believes in Christianity to be weak minded. Don't try to weasel your way out of it and play with words. You're worse than the people in our government when you go that route. The fact is, believing and having faith in something as intangible as God involves a lot more strength than dismissing it as fantasy.

To answer your question, I bet people would be split. Some might believe her and her son, and some people would persecute her. Actually, a lot of people would think she's crazy. Because Jesus has already come, and we already know the story. Speculation as to whether or not she would be taken seriously if Jesus had never come before is worthless, because we don't even know what this world would be like.

Mary and Jesus were persecuted for the fact that she claimed to have an immaculate conception and that He was the son of God. Have you heard of a little thing called Jesus' crucifiction? Hardly no one believed Jesus or Mary, they were persecuted from day one.

So why are you even asking this question? You wanted answers. There you go.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I didn't ask for answers but I will now.

Genisus 1:26

and god said, "let us make man in our imag after our likeness."

Wait, isn't there 1 God?

Who was he talking to, and who is "us" and "our"?

Typical bible thumper responce.........

"God was refeing to the father, the son, and the holy spirit."

That answer is pretty much word for word everytime form you guys. Like it was programmed into your minds, if someone ever asked that question.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
I didn't ask for answers but I will now.

Genisus 1:26

and god said, "let us make man in our imag after our likeness."

Wait, isn't there 1 God?

Who was he talking to, and who is "us" and "our"?

Typical bible thumper responce.........

"God was refeing to the father, the son, and the holy spirit."

That answer is pretty much word for word everytime form you guys. Like it was programmed into your minds, if someone ever asked that question.

Why did you skirt around replying to my post? Just wondering...

Why is the answer of God, the Holy Spirit, and His son such a bad answer? It works for me, and I don't claim to be a "Bible thumper." I'm just someone who believes in my religion. I'll throw in something else for you too, he was talking to the Angels.

This is a foolish question that has been asked many many times before, and I think you're only trying to get away from the answer I gave to you. Keep to the topic, man.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ur asking for it there. If you mean you not being week minded as looking for evidence. I'd like to here what you believe in.

Personal i must be the weak minded person who choses to believe that this baby was the son of God mainly because:

His power over nature
His power ove illness
His power over Death
His power over Evil spirits
His power to forgive sins
His power in his teaching (authority)

I dont think mary was believed untill her son came along and did this. As she lived in a time when the romans where bringing in many cultures and strange beliefs.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What was there to reply to?

I find this all very amusing.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I saw on the history channel taht Mary was 15 when she got pregenet.

Wouldnt that make God a child molester?

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I saw something on one of those stations saying Jesus' body was missing the very next day, and that he wasn't dead, and he lived to be an old man, with kids of his own.

Funny stuff.

Then again, thats more believable too.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What was there to reply to?

I find this all very amusing.

I responded to the question you asked and you didn't acknowledge my answer. Which is not only rude, but shows that you probably couldn't come up with some witty anti-religious comment for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte
I dont think mary was believed untill her son came along and did this.

Mary was believed well before she even gave birth to Jesus. Why? Well her life, parallels women in other religions who had virgin births of messiahs.

Mary is actually no different from Jesus in her origins - there were 16 crucified messiahs and 16 virgin mothers before her. Like Jesus, where events in his life mirror those of the other 16, Mary was no different.

Interestingly, Mary is known as Stella Maris - the patron saint of the sea. This was a title previously given to Isis.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Leveller]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join