It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another former GOP governor backs Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Another former GOP governor backs Obama

Barack Obama Friday picked up another endorsement from a leading Republican — former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld.

Weld, who earlier this year campaigned for another Republican, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, backed Obama in the same week as former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson, a Republican, and former Bush administration Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Weld, in a statement, Friday, called Obama "a once-in-a-lifetime candidate who will transform our politics and restore America's standing in the world."

And, said Weld, governor of Massachusetts from 1991 to 1997, "We need a president who will lead based on our common values and Sen. Obama demonstrates an ability to unite and inspire. Throughout this campaign I've watched his steady leadership through trying times and I'm confident he is the best candidate to move our country forward."

Link

This is beginning to look like a jump the ship scenario.
McCain should fire everyone of his campaign advisers because I think they are all disloyal and are secretly pulling for Obama.
The campaign has made mistake after mistake and is now losing its base in the final steps to the election.
What happened to the whole "Sarah Palin solidified the base" nonsense?
McCain needed independents and moderates his base should have been concrete to begin with.
Personally I think and have thought for a while that McCain himself is handing the election to Obama on a silver platter. I think the poor man decided he was too old and tired to handle the mess America is in.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Former Bush press secretary backs Obama

NEW YORK – Scott McClellan, President Bush's former press secretary who angered old colleagues with a tell-all book earlier this year, said Thursday he is backing Barack Obama for president.

link

This one is not too surprising...
But I feel like I should change the title of the thread to
"The official jumping the ship thread"

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wait, stop, hold the presses! I thought that any republican who came out and openly supported Obama had to be black.

That's what the McCain supporters said when Colin Powell endorsed Obama. So what's the deal? These other people aren't black. I am so confused. End sarcasm.

So this thread will die a quick and painless death because McCainnites can't be bothered with the truth and potentially retracting their ridiculous statements regarding race and the support of Obama.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I wasn't going to bring race into this thread but you got a point.

But I guess one could make the argument that Obama is both black and white if one was really that desperate.

I am just blown away that in the year 2008, race is even a talking point much less a factor.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Goldwaters also Endorse Obama

CC Goldwater and Alison Goldwater Ross, grandchildren of Barry Goldwater throw their full support behind Barack Obama.

Goldwater Grandaughters for Obama

At least two grandchildren of the late Republican and Arizona political icon Barry Goldwater are voting for Democratic Sen. Barack Obama over the GOP's Sen. John McCain.

CC Goldwater, executive producer of the well-received 2006 HBO documentary Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater, wrote on the liberal Huffington Post Web site that McCain's opposition to abortion rights, which Goldwater backed, was a deciding factor. CC Goldwater said her pro-Obama sentiment is shared by "my siblings and a few cousins."

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As my roommate says, if you don't like McCain but can't find it within yourself to vote for a black guy, remember, Obama is half white, so just vote for the white half!

I have never understood racism, it's disgusting. But it is a sad reality in this country.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I think perhaps the title of your thread should have probably been:

"Neocons jump-ship to support other Neocon"

And the rhetorical question you could pose may have been, "Are you surprised?"

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

Well put, It is time people look inside themselves and realize what team you are on.

I currently stand against our government ... thats right ... come get some

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

So Powell was Neocon? And any other republican that supports Obama? Wait, the entire Bush Admin is Neocons but you ignore this to say they now support Obama? What?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Who said I liked or voted for Bush? I'm pointing out that the same people the democrats once despised in the Bush regime will be finding a NEW and cozy home in the Obama regime. Yet nobody raises an eyebrow....democrats crack me up...

Obama the champion of change...

What a joke.

new topics

top topics

join