It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Penultimate Idea To Ensure American Civil Liberty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have been thinking lately. My recent thread about the U.S. missiles hitting a school in Pakistan has raised some interesting issues. You can find it here-

U.S. missiles hit school in Pakistan

Another member and I were talking about how one of the oddest parts of situations like these is that there is not much the average citizen can do in this country in retaliation against the government. There was no 'permission', so to speak, from you or I to do something like this or the countless other needlessly blood soaked incidents.

Then I saw the 'Call To Action' thread over here-

A call to action for all ATS members

This looked like a good idea to me, however I think there needs to be something more...solid.

Then it hit me. For all of these other patriotic and American ideas there is a set day for it, some holidays, that set the idea in stone. Maybe I am taking a risk even suggesting this, but to be honest, I don't really care.

We need a day, that is the same day every year, where civil unrest (peaceful, hopefully) is STRONGLY supported. A 'Civil Unrest' day or a name along those lines (I am open to suggestion).

On any other normal day, civil unrest is met with violent force, even if it is peaceful and unprovoking. But if we were to gain enough support for an idea like this, of which there should be plenty on these boards (and our influence, when we want it to, extends well beyond the borders of these boards), I think that we could pull this off. This is one of the most American of ideals (civil unrest, that is) and if we were to push this hard enough, we could not be denied!

I know that many are tired of the 'Call to Action' and 'Overthrow the gov't!!!!' type threads, and in this I suggest not to overthrow the government, but to set the standard in a solid and definitive way. Help me out!

Star and flag this thread so that everyone here will pay attention! We are all searching for a way to stand up to the things that are happening, and though this won't be immediate, if we work hard enough we can push this idea into history and change a lot for a long time!

Edit to add.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by GreyFoxSolid]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

I really support your call for action, but the thread you refer to was closed due to conflict with the site T&C. I have set up a site to further debate this call for action and to come up with plans. Unfortunatly I'm also not allowed to display that site's hyperlink here, or to send I by u2u to you.

However I am allowed to post my email address (and you can probably think of what you want to do with that info)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, hopefully this thread will not be in conflict.

Don't let this pass under the radar. This could be the idea we've been looking for.

I wouldn't consider this a recruitment. I would consider this a thread to see what you all think of such an idea, if it would work, how it might work, and any sort of 'recruitment' can happen for those who would want to be a part of some sort of concerted effort in another medium that allows it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Whilst I applaud and admire your obvious decency (old fashioned word, but still a good one) and concern, I think the only effective 'Civil Unrest Day' remains voting day. And of course, even that's been corrupted.

As to the type of thing you're suggesting .. well, I have no doubt you would conduct yourself admirably. But would others ?

Wouldn't it be undermined by deliberately seeded scum who'd sabotage it and provide the Authorities opportunity to turn it into a bloodbath of deaths and arrests .. false accusations and even harsher restrictions ?

Hate to be the voice of pessimism. But we have to overturn media monopolies. How ? By refusing to patronise them. How do you convince billions of people to turn off their tv and walk past newsagencies ?

Then, we have to convince politicians at all levels that we're not going to take any more bull from them. How do we do that, other than by eliminating them like cockroaches as soon as they surface, until only those with our interests at heart lift their head above the ground ?

Our numbers are our strength, but also our downfall.

Easy to forget while we're here in a forum that billions of people, right now, are lapping up the garbage being fed them by their respective media whores.

And let's face it, for billions, it's easier to sit before a tv than it is to actually think. Only when they're hurting do they start to think clearly. And the Authorities are careful to hurt only a few sections at a time.

Sure, it might be possible to arrange a Civil Unrest Day.
And the Authorities might pretend to 'listen'
Then it's back to work on Monday and nothing's changed

The only way to effect change is to hurt the Authorities
When they hurt, they listen for real

But then, that concept is 'illegal', isn't it ?

So the only hope we have is for the Authorities to get careless and hurt ALL the people at the same time, so that billions rise up with pitchforks and rolling pins and start taking back their lives and world.

Never happens though, does it ? Skirmish here, civil war there, invasion somewhere else .. but never simultaneously, world wide.

And even if that did happen ... would it be any improvement on what we have now ? No. Don't think so.

I think we're stuck with what we have. Probably fortunate our life-spans are so brief.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I appreciate your reply.

A lot of people here are decent people. To address your concerns of corruption and make sure that it does not happen, well, I can't. No one can. The fourth of July is corrupt. This is something that just happens. That does not mean, however, that the fourth of July does not still have the intended effect for some people. If we could set a national day in stone, especially of this sort, as corrupt as it may get, it at least ensures that the idea of 'Civil Unrest' and it's importance is put into the mainstream for at least one day each year on a national scale as opposed to a street here and there throughout the country.

Our numbers are our strength, but also our downfall.

Easy to forget while we're here in a forum that billions of people, right now, are lapping up the garbage being fed them by their respective media whores.

This would be a perfect way to get the media to pay attention. The media cannot ignore a national, American day. And they won't.

And let's face it, for billions, it's easier to sit before a tv than it is to actually think. Only when they're hurting do they start to think clearly. And the Authorities are careful to hurt only a few sections at a time.

This does not mean that we should give in to the notion of non-action, does it? There was a time when the average citizen could be roused in such ways. Maybe it is that time again?

Sure, it might be possible to arrange a Civil Unrest Day. And the Authorities might pretend to 'listen'
Then it's back to work on Monday and nothing's changed

The only way to effect change is to hurt the Authorities
When they hurt, they listen for real

But then, that concept is 'illegal', isn't it ?

People will always misuse the original concept. I hear of deliberate fireworks injuries every year, but that does not mean that the idea of liberty is lost on fourth of July.

Your concerns are valid, though, and I thank you for replying!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Wouldn't it be undermined by deliberately seeded scum who'd sabotage it and provide the Authorities opportunity to turn it into a bloodbath of deaths and arrests .. false accusations and even harsher restrictions ?

This is my main concern with something like the OP is suggesting. It might, in theory, be a great idea...but there's always a small faction who ruins things for the group at large.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think that needs to be considered an acceptable risk at the start of any plan that involves people.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe things could easily be fixed if people stopped entertaining themselves by living vicariously through screens. TV and radio has turned life into one big freaking game. All most anybody wants to do is be told what to do 9 to 5 and then not have to think after that.

People simply hate thinking. Much of that I would attribute to Flouride poisoning. flouride causes adhd, add, dyslexia, autism, retardation, hyperactivity, loss of intellegence, etc..

Now the state of Nazichusetts is putting guns and dogs to people who won't vaccinate their kids with shots that are publicly admitted to have mercury. This stuff is too crazy to be fake!

People eat and drink this poisonous stuff every day, and they get stupider and stupider. Now couple that with easily accessible fake news, a strong sense of national pride, "terror" attacks and so on...

It's not hard to see why the general populace doesn't give much more effort than an angry phone call. They have been carefully pushed into a place of laziness and stupidity.

You start to understand why people don't like to think beyond their noses. It is made virtually impossible for most, when entertainment is so easy to attain.

The only real solution is to take away the option of sitting down to watch tv or play games. Take away the entertainment option, and people will have no choice but to think.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Hiatus]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No, no. The more you take away from people and restrict them, the more you rob them of their common sense. For example-

The police make a noise law. Slowly people dont make too much noise only because the cops will be there to reprimand them, not because they have common sense and courtesy.

To take anything away from someone to get them to act 'right' is not beneficial to the common sense of people.

It appears as though this idea did not take off. I thought it would be a good one though.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think a Civil Unrest day would be awesome. I'm sure blood would be spilled, but if we got this country and this world to listen, we might actually influence them to get up off their butts and defend themselves. All of these rules and regulations that have been set that we have to follow, all of the new rules that are made up to beat us down every time we stand up...it's just getting ridiculous. I don't understand how people can just sit around and take this crap. If we all got together, like our ancestors all around the globe did at certain points in time during history, we could accomplish something. The government should not be running everything. That is not a democracy. And isn't the United States supposed to be a democracy? It doesn't really seem like it. It's like people are taking comfort in the government doing everything for them, kind of like babies take security in sucking their thumbs. Where is our voice? Seriously, something needs to be done. People in general have lost care and don't get excited about anything important for more than five minutes before sitting back down on the couch again and watching reality tv. It's disturbing. I fear nothing will be done because of this mentality.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's nice to see someone with enthusiasm for this idea. Thank you.

I know an idea like this can garner much heavier response and other ideas on a forum like this.

top topics

join