It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Denies $150,000 Clothing Tab: YET McCain says she Needed the Clothe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think the whole clothes subject is ridiculous, but what's even more ridiculous is that now we're supposed to believe that Palin, a freakin' governor, bought her clothes (pre-election) from a consignment store in Anchorage!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Obama used the Boeing 757 for trips to Hawaii over the summer for a vacation and again last week to see his failing grandmother. Admirable though that visit was, “By Obama using a private jet to go on a purely personal visit to see his grandma, he’s wasting not only energy, but he’s using the money that his supporters have given him for campaign purposes,” Blakeman says. “It’s a purely personal visit paid for with campaign funds.”

"Obama used the Boeing 757 for trips to Hawaii over the summer for a vacation."

Evidently you did not read the article..
A round trip to Hawaii costs $400,000.
$400,000 is the cost for the fuel, that he used to go to Hawaii, when he and his family went on vacation over the summer.
I won't find articles stating what Obama spends on his clothing, but I will always find excuses.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

But he did not use TAX MONEY! I don't care if he spent a trillion dollars on a single haircut, as long as he doesn't use MY money.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You guys are worrying about someones wardrobe when there are much more important things to worry bout? Seriously, im thinking this is pretty reaching and desperate for the Dem camp. Ive watched both sides of this campaign do some ridiculous stuff but this is getting bad. Mind you im not a dem or a rep. Its kind of funny to watch both camps from the outside in mudsling. What is worse tho is to watch this petty back and forth about blatantly stupid things like wardrobe costs and hotel bills , when theres more important things. Like, oh the fact that Obama has donated thousands and thousands of taxpayer dollars to a man in Kenya who is a terrorist, a communist, and wants to instate islamic law? Oh did i mention after he lost his election he called for rioting in the streets and waring against other tribes, yeah the man turned that whole area into a war zone. And your great Dem candidate was rallying for him and sending him money. But , by all means, please........lets keep going with Palins wardrobe, because thats some serious serious stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
You guys are worrying about someones wardrobe when there are much more important things to worry bout?

True, there are more important things to worry about with McCain & Palin, but I've got the time so I'll worry about this too for two reasons.

1) Palin lied. She said she didn't get $150,000 worth of clothing. She's not even VP yet and she's already caught lying to the American public. Even those around her admit that they spent that much on her clothes! So, she's lying to keep her "average Jane" persona alive! What else is she capable of lying about!

Sarah Palin Responds to Wardrobe Flap

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin insisted in an interview with the Tribune on Thursday that she did not accept $150,000 worth of designer clothes from the Republican Party and "that is not who we are."

"That whole thing is just, bad!" she said. "Oh, if people only knew how frugal we are.

McCain Has Terse Response on Palin Shopping Spree

Presidential candidate John McCain isn't happy about having to explain why the Republican Party has had to buy running mate Sarah Palin $150,000 in clothes, hair styling and accessories.

McCain was asked several questions on Thursday about the shopping spree — and he answered each one more or less the same way: Palin needed clothes and they'll be donated to charity.

"She needed clothes at the time. They'll be donated at end of this campaign. They'll be donated to charity," McCain told reporters on his campaign bus between Florida rallies.

Asked for details on how they'll be donated, McCain said, "It works by her getting some clothes when she was made the nominee of the party and it will be donated back to charity."

Asked if he was surprised at the amount spent, McCain said, "It works that the clothes will be donated to charity. Nothing surprises me."

2) McCain intoduced an amendment at one time that would prohibit campaign money from buying clothes for the candidate!
Flashback: McCain Said Campaign Cash for Clothes 'Erodes Public Confidence'

MCCAIN: Madam President, the amendment before the Senate is a very simple one. It restricts the use of campaign funds for inherently personal purposes. The amendment would restrict individuals from using campaign funds for such things as home mortgage payments, clothing purchases … and vacations or other trips that are noncampaign in nature. […]

The use of campaign funds for items which most Americans would consider to be strictly personal reasons, in my view, erodes public confidence and erodes it significantly.

He can't even follow his own legislation. We already had/have a president that didn't like to "follow the rules", we don't need another one who will bend the rules to suit his needs or a president who flip flops all the time!

Our next president needs to stand by his words, and mean what he says! If he can't, then don't say it!

After all, it's a "very simple" amendment, but I guess it's not that easy to follow!

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
they'll both need new clothes soon as i hear "their pants are on fire"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i hate to tell you this but Obama isnt going to stand by his words for sure. I just dont see how this is as big a deal as people are making it out to be, it just seems too far reaching for me, there are much more important things to worry about the candidates then trying to smear someone on clothes. give it a rest.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's not that big a deal, and wouldn't have been brought up normally. But the McCain/Palin campaign has brought up so much useless junk that Obama/Biden hav reversed it. "ANything you can do I can do better" pretty much.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

yes mam, so goes politics i guess......one-up manship lol

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok I am not going to go 3 pages back on this ridiculous thread however I will say that whom ever started the big deal rumor must be a poor person.

It is nothing in certain circles to pay exorbitant amounts for clothing, shoes, purses and accessories. If I were running for Vice President of the United States of America you bet your bottom dollar I would be wearing only the finest of threads.

Most of the time the clothing companies and more over the designers will pay them to wear their clothes. Look at her hair, go to 'any' hairdresser in America right now and ask for a Palin style hair look and they will know exactly what you want and have probably had hundreds. It is always that way.

My reason for coming over to visit this forum today was not to discuss clothes or hair, but to talk about how important this election is for the fact that noone seems to be discussing, and that is the placement of 2 Supreme Court Justices in this next term.

I am freaked out, Palin is TOO conservative and will stop all abortions under any situation, and disrespect gays, and make it a threat against the state to be anything but Christian.

I do not believe for an instant that obama is going to get elected, this will be another shame voting system just like the last 8.

I will be either writing in Ron Paul or going with Root/Barr, whom I know very little about.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

But none of that matters! Ayers, Mickey Mouse, and Obama being a secret Muslim does! What I love is that they use some document from Indonesia that has a Barry something registered as a Muslim, but born in Hawaii as the same year as Barack. But then they turn around and say Obama was born in Kenya! Which is it?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've never heard of her denying anything about the clothes,the GOP were in charge of picking wardrobe to conform with their standards of how a candidate should look,sounds like another weak attempt of the Dem's to go grasping at straws,this poster should of thought twice before posting,how infintile

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Come on... enough of this superfluous crap about clothing.

With less than a week to go until the elections, dont you think it is finally time to start dicussing policy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join