It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says grandmother may not see Election Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"Without going through the details too much, she's gravely ill. We weren't sure and I'm still not sure whether she makes it to Election Day,"

This is the phrase that bothers me.
Going through a family loss is horrible,but I don't don't why he felt the need to mention the election in the same sentence.

Of course one justifiable argument is that she would see him win and feel a sense of completion and accomplishment before her life ended.

Ad From the same link.

John McCain's IQ = 138
Are you Smarter than the next President? Take the IQ Quiz...

I find this a bit disturbing and presumptuous .. Subliminal suggestion?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My father died recently

At the conclusion of the service, my father's grandaughter's husband turned his cellphone back on

.. only to learn that his grandmother, in the US, had died

My father was elderly

My neice's husband's grandmother was elderly

Neither death could be seen to be unexpected or tragic. Old people die.

Let's not turn the fact that Obama's elderly grandmother is dying into a three ring circus to be used to score points in the good old game of American Sports Politics.

Time for people to start growing up

It doesn't matter which candidate is said to have received the most votes when the count is done.
They're both deplorable.

These threads are similar to people making a big drama about someone's wedding day. Oh, the dress ! Oooooh, the flowers, the bridesmaids, the feast, the family-squabbles, the drama, the honeymoon ... etc. etc.

When anyone with one iota of brain knows or SHOULD know that it's not the Big Day that's important --- it's what FOLLOWS the Big Day.

You're going to be STUCK with one of two rancid idiots for the next four years at least

And the REST of the world will unfortunately be stuck with them too ! As usual

It's PATHETIC that a nation with a 300 million population can't come up with anything better than McCain and Obama. Absolutely pathetic ! It makes a laughing stock of the entire United States.

Yet here we're having people having heated battles because an old woman who's related to one of the two rancid lunatics is dying of old age.
Sure ... that's really all any of you have to worry about.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hope she doesnt kick the bucket .... Cause if she does .. there goes our main witness.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If he was responding to a question about his grandmother you can bet it was a perfectly staged scenario setup by, of all else, "the media".
If he just brought it up out of the blue it was also planned.
Either way, the sympathy vote actor still applies.

It hurts to say it but deep down inside even you know it's true.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

I hope she doesnt kick the bucket .... Cause if she does .. there goes our main witness.

Main witness to what?

Please clarify.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The fact that she knows if Obama is / Isn't a natural born citizen. Obama could easily have treated her like grandpa simpson and kicked her outta the way so it wouldnt get out.

This guy Obama, is a snake and im suprized he still has supporters. Nov 4th will surely be interesting.

No matter the outcome we will get our promised ' change '

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Talk about paranoia.

The man's grandmother is elderly and most likely on her deathbed. It's part of life, it happens. I can't believe you're implying that Obama is using this unfortunate incident to further his political career.

You are one sick puppy.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

God bless his grandmother. I loved mine more than ANYTHING, and took care of her till the day she died. I remember everything she taught me and I was not raised by her. It has been 13 years since her death and I still hurt when I think about her.

I adored my Grandparents like no one else. I miss them every day. Any child lucky enough to be raised by loving Grandparents is fortunate indead.
I faced my first real grief over the passing of mine also.

Again, my prayers are with her and the Obama family.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Pammy that is absolutely un true, 8 out of 10 , did you just read that number? I work with the elderly too, dementia patients in fact, and my family has for more than 20 years, your numbers are way off base, you just didnt like what i said.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

It's apparent that you are reluctant for a change in the status quo. I think it's unfortunate that you feel the need to turn what is obviously a sad affair into an unwarranted political conspiracy.

If you want to rag on Obama, do so on the issues. This little rant about Obama and his frail grandmother is tired and lame.

You and others like you are grasping at straws.

It's truly an ugly sight to behold.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by D4rk Kn1ght

Is this the same Grandma that said he was born in Kenya? now she is dying? why am I not suprised?

That would be his paternal grandmother. This is Obama's maternal grandmother.

People get old, sick and die. Why does that surprise you?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How could stating that his Grandmother is about to die a political ploy for votes?
You just can't win here.
If he didn't say anything you'd have him strung up for being heartless and too busy for an old lady because of the election...

Ugh...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread topic.

I am well aware of all the politico hocus-pocus surrounding Obama, his birth certificate and alleged remarks made by his paternal grandmother. But I thank you for pointing them out.

The truth is Obama's grandmother is more than likely living her last days. The fact that so many people here are trying to bash Obama claiming he's ordered a hit on her, or is trying to angle for a sympathy vote...

Let's just say that's a desperate stretch.

Oh, I see you've edited your post to remain on topic. I'm glad.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Fuzzy Wabbit]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This thread has been closed to reduce political bickering.

Stop the Madness.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Hal9000]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join