It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times journalist explains UFO sightings could be due to atmospherics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The article starts off positive

There was great excitement this week when the Ministry of Defence released files on UFO sightings from 1986 to 1992 (The Times, October 20).

and then it snowballs

Weather radar sometimes picks up echoes from what seem to be small clouds that explode into a doughnut-shaped ring and then vanish.

and the sucker punch

if layers of warm air sit over cold air a sharp difference in temperature can bend light like a glass prism and create some fantastic mirages

Link to source

I don't deny for one minute that weather atmospherics can contribute to UFO sightings but articles like these take away the credibility of true sightings. Sightings like seeing a 50ft long trianglar craft hovering over your head for instances.

Its the people that read the TIMES that will play a big role with demanding disclosure and while articles like this do offer explanations of ufo sightings it starts to sway the minds of the sheeple, and lets face it the people that read The Times are very easily swayed.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Really?What evidence to you have that Times readers are easily swayed?Personally ,I think you would have more luck with Sun readers forcing disclosure.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
As long as they cannot reproduce the atmospheric phenomena as described here, they really don't have a case. Some of these explanations are so ridiculously complex and far fetched as to make ETs a more likely scenario.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Really?What evidence to you have that Times readers are easily swayed?Personally ,I think you would have more luck with Sun readers forcing disclosure.

Your joking right? This newspaper is so far inside the box its near impossible to see out in any direction. Have a look at their website and then compare it with The Suns, notice the difference?

In regards to The Sun, its never going to happen, reason being is that The Sun is not taken seriously at all. For real disclosure to take place, as much as I hate to say it we need to get more papers like The Telegraph and The Times to start printing more articles about UFO's. Something where the subject will get credibility.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I did say, elsewhere on ats, that I didn't believe it. I know them too well. They will never admit anything this "out there" as long as those stuffed shirts at Whitehall/OAB are still breathing.

I would love to say oh-so-much more about them but ... they suck.

new topics

top topics

join