It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big day ahead!! dow futures will open down 535 points today!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If the market opened right now the dow jones would be nearly 630 points lower than the close yesterday! at 8250!

DANG! I was out drinking beer tonight talking to friends having a good time not expecting anything to happen. But my god! I get home and look up the international markets and was expecting them to be higher after todays up day in the US markets.

BUT MY GOD! I was wrong! All international markets are down BIG TIME!!!!

at this moment in just TODAYS MARKET

UK down, 7%

Germany down 8%

France down 7.5%

Japan down 9.7%

Asian markets down 8-9%

Nasdaq futures down close to 7%

DOW JONES DOWN over 500!!!!!! This is the futures!!!!

The euro hass fallen to 1.25 euros per one USD dollar it was $1.70 just a few months ago.

OIL is at $66 it was at $73 just 24 hour ago.

Silver is at $8.80 an ounce!! it was $20 an ounce jsut this year!

This is HUGE. There could be huge selling today once the US markets open!

Were not just hitting a recession, the signals are showing a Depression. The next quarter earnings estimates for next quarter are terrible! there awefull! Not just in the US but worldwide! We underestimated the recession. This is goign to be very harsh. this will be no slight slowdown in orld economy, get ready for the # to ht the fan in the next fet months peiple. YOU STILL HAVE TIME to gather foods, supplies, seeds, energy generators, etc

If today coninues to had south we may see a historic day!

Keep a dang close eye today!!!! The markets are collapsing as i speak over seas. Watch your @ss , OK! THIS IS BIG!

[edit on 24-10-2008 by ghostlandseller]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Yep

We're already doing play by play over here

But all the same, grab the toilet paper, you're gonna need it to clean your shorts

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't know , It cant be too u to date, there hasn't bee a post in nearly 6 days. yikes that not up to date!

People don't like general topics that are too broad. Even though its relative, that stock market thread is WAY to broad. It covers too much to talk about. people cat stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

It's in the top 10 posts if you hit new posts

Mega thread, just click on the last page

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Join the party... I've got drinks on hand...

For the short time I've been watching the markets, 500 down on the Dow futures seems... well, like a hemorrhage.

On a side note, after the Australian government guaranteed bank deposits, billions of dollars have been bled out of the investment funds and foreign bank branches.

Up to 300, 000 people have had their investments frozen to stem the flood of money that was coming out.

business.smh.com.au...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well anyways, Dow now down 550 points.

Not much slowing of selling happening.

I am a little curious what may happen in the US today.

We may just blow right through the lows of earlier this month.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Join the party... I've got drinks on hand...

For the short time I've been watching the markets, 500 down on the Dow futures seems... well, like a hemorrhage.

On a side note, after the Australian government guaranteed bank deposits, billions of dollars have been bled out of the investment funds and foreign bank branches.

Up to 300, 000 people have had their investments frozen to stem the flood of money that was coming out.

business.smh.com.au...

Yeah , i am thinking, if we keep shoving more funds into the market for bail outs its just going to start coming off as more and more negative to investors. Its not not looking like were just trying to give the market a boost, ut it is now looking like were trying to put the market on life support. this i becoming ridiculous! I am sick of the government thinking it can correct this by throwing trillions of dollars at it.

Its not helping, it juwe need to let it level itself out!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Were not just hitting a recession, the signals are showing a Depression.

GDP declined 30% during the Great Depression and unemployment was 25%. We are no where near that.

So, what are those "signals" then pointing to a depression?

YOU STILL HAVE TIME to gather foods, supplies, seeds, energy generators, etc

Idiotic and puerile pro-panic buying threads will make the situation far worse. Do you want that? Want to create a food supply problem as well?

Hmmm, maybe the economic sadist should put the keyboard down

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's felt like a hug rollercoaster ride, over the past few weeks, but this morning I woke up early with a really anxious feeling. I turned on the TV to watch the European markets open and as much as I'd love to turn it off again, I am somehow compelled to keep watching!

FTSE 100 is now down nearly 9%!!

Someone mentioned the Club Med area of the EU being hardest hit and I'm in that area on the med coast of Spain. We're not retired here, we're your normal average family that works for a living but we've seen so many expats leave, in the last 6 months, because they couldn't find work. We've been lucky so far and still have work coming in but we've had a lot put off till next year.

On the one hand I want to run back to England to be with family and friends so we can all support each other if this gets any worse. On the other hand we're in a nice rural area where people still grow their own and buy fish locally that comes up from the coast, each day.

This is getting very scary and when panic sets in and people start to take notice..............? I'm amazed at how many people are just continuing on as normal and have no idea about the global situation! Where have they been for the past few weeks?! Seems they all think that the governments will sort it all out for them - if only I had that much faith.

Sorry for the rant but............. aaaaaahhhhh!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I say they open + 130. What????

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Today in history............ mattstodayinhistory.blogspot.com...

Today.............. mattstodayinhistory.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yes, i have watched the over seas markets daily for years and this is like nothing i have ever seen before. I can maybe expect this after a big day of selling in the Us market, but hat scares me is that we were up nearly 200 DOW points today!

I mean right now everything is pointing that we have under estimated this recession. But this has just started, jobs haven't been cut yet. They will continue to be cut as this further effects every day people. Right now its just affecting the high dollar wall street trader and hedge fund managers, but this will eventually further trickle down to every one of us.

I am more worried about the future earnings of companies than i am of the stock market, but thats also why the market is dropping like it is at this moment. The future of our world wide economy is looking worse and worse with every company that released its earnings and expectations.

I am not trying to blow this out of proportion, but its a great opportunity to inform the general uninformed public that this is not just some stock market blip on the radar. This is going to affect every one of us. It may not affect you one bit at this day and time but give this a few month to trickle down and then there will be a big affect on everyones daily life.

Food will be more expensive, the every day items you sue will become less and less available as companies struggle to maintain earnings for their products. The service industries will falter as people stat saving money for needed goods rather than spending on services that are purely luxury.

Even if you have millions saved up n cash this will still affect you.

Once the dollar starts to lose its value, when this panic settles off, the dollar will reak of inflation like never seen before. There is so much cash being injected into our economy right now, and it cant be withdrawn nearly as effectively or easily as its shoved int our economy. We will experience hyper inflation and the dollar will collapse.

And yes, if you do have the more to spare its never a bad idea to stock up on food and survival goods if the economy collapses. Your neighbors will give you more in trade for items as sugar , flour, toilet paper, corn, than they will for a piece of shiny metal. Its items most people wont have and will rally wish they had more of. I don't see us being at this point anytime soon but if we ever do get there. I just hope some people will pull their heads out of their asses and watch whats going on.

we are not over 10% DOWN IN Germany, France , and UK!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Dude, they may not open the markets if we keep going at this rate. The Dow and S&P are Limit Down right now!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Yeah its nuts. this i very rare. The dow should be around 700-750 down right now if it wernt for the limits. Pretty unbelievable for a futures market!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

But the NASDAQ is crawling back up, anyone know why that is? I wish I knew more about how all of this works.

I guess I need to go read a "financial markets for dummies" primer.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Last time I saw the Nas it was at -82 from -75.. The runs on the bank are goig to be the straw that breaks the camels back today.. I hope you guys stocked up.. I did, but I'm starting to get nervous that I didn't get enough. I'm not trying to panic people, I'm just calling it like I see it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

NASDAQ holds tech stocks like Microsoft and such - some of those stocks are doing quite well, and will keep the N a bit higher than the other two. For now, at least.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
yeah but the Nasdaq has been hurting recently. Some companies are up, but many are not looking too good. Amazon, ebay, yahoo, etc...are hurting. but google and microsoft are holding their own for the time being. but i see google getting hit hard in the next few months. Ebay...HAHA i know very well. they are going down for a very long time.

they treat their sellers like cr@P. wHiCH ARE THE PEOPLE WHOM THEY GET PAID BY. Ebay is screwed. Everyone who uses it t make a living hates them and is hoping they tank so another company can come n and ge rid of their monopoly. Their earnings are lower so they say, lets raise selling costs! we will make more money that way! So people are flooding to amazon who is restructuring their selling listings to accommodate the new sellers coming from ebay. And Amazon will rake it in through this recession because people will be selling their goods to earn extra cash.

As you can tell, i am an avid ebay user and i HATE ebay lime most sellers who are forced to use it.

PLEASE GOOGLE!!!! start an online auction service!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think I'm gonna get some more food this morning. And also get 500$ in cash out of the bank... we never know.

This is gonna be hell. If they close the market for the day... we may see a little run on banks this week-end with ATMs closed because they have no cash.

Anyway, the FED MUST do something...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Don't be so freaked out. We are entering economic liberation. We'll have to resort to tangibles rather than fiat paper that the traitorous feds print out and then charge interest by loaning us OUR money. We will now cut out the middle man.

Also, by resorting to coins, not necessarily gold or silver, but any metal-base coin, we will only have to pay interest on face-value while trading at the value of the metal. Take for example, a gold american eagle, worth 50 dollars. If we use it as currency, our income is worth only 50 dollars, but we are trading with it as if it were 900 dollars. In other words, WE ARE CUTTING OUT THE IRS! The IRS cannot tax us on the value of the metal, only on face value. Otherwise, the IRS would have to tax us on the paper value of dollars, which is essentially zero. Instead, the IRS taxes us on face value.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are entering liberation from the zionazi financial scheme. Yes, it will be rocky times, and the elite will try to make it sound worse than it is to get us to run to them as our saviors. Do not fall for it. No one will save us except ourselves, and what we require to save ourselves is already provided to us because they are inherent within us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join