It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real moon photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Just read on space.com that the japanse kaguya took some pictures and readings of the schakleton crater on teh lunar south pole.

They thought they crater might hold large amounts of ice and thus water for possible manned mission.

The thing I was wondering is that of the photo that was posted along side the article on space.com

Please check it an let me know if this is a real image or not because if it is I really think it is one of the ebst ever taken..necer saw the moon like this.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sure it's real. Real pretty too.
I like this one
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Here's the website.
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I don't know whether it's real or not. It is an amazingly detailed photograph, though, so much so that I want to reach out and touch the area photographed, just to see how it feels beneath my hands. It looks like it would feel similar to damp, tightly packed sand or clay. Very cool.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hmmm, wow that looks like Australia upside down and the South Pole at the top?

Not sure if the Moon ever gets to that angle?

[edit on 24/10/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
reply to post by Phage

The image is taken from near the moon's south pole. But that's not really relevant. The axes of the earth and moon are not aligned.

You just need to get over the idea that north is "up".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Strange question but does anyone have any theories on what is inside the moon? Or is it just as we see it on the outside throughout.

Mod Note: Staying on Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Great photo!!! Thanks

Hopefully someday I will get to stand there and take the same photo!!!

I was hoping to be there by now after hitching a lift from the GFL

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great photos, the moon is a stunning place.

]more]
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daxman
Strange question but does anyone have any theories on what is inside the moon? Or is it just as we see it on the outside throughout.

i don't know where i heard it, but someone once told me that they thought the moon was hollow. due to reverberations heard after landing on the surface that lasted for 3 hours.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Not discrediting you here but, i thought you couldnt hear anything out there because there is no atmosphere to do so?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

You gotta think outside the box and not worry about what your looking at. Not every picture is from above the surface. The Kaguya is going under the South or bottom of the moon...not over the top of the North end...if that makes sense...if not...flip the picture upside down and you'll see what I mean.

Thats why the shadows are like they are!

[edit on 10/24/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I remember reading about the vibrations also, they were not literaly "heard",they were vibrations that were seismicly measured..
At least that is what I remember reading..

there were several different articles about it, but I can't remember where I read them... Sorry...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
wow very cool, makes you wonder just how thin that is if they could feel reverb from just landing hmm? and more over whats inside of it......brings to mind the question........is the moon artificial?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

i don't know where i heard it, but someone once told me that they thought the moon was hollow. due to reverberations heard after landing on the surface that lasted for 3 hours.

The fact that the vibrations did not dampen rapily is an indication that unlike earth, the moon does not contain porus or weathered rock. The moon is essentially one giant "elastic continuum" which is why it "rings like a bell" metaphorically. That single statement made during Apollo has been taken by some conspiracy theorists far too literally.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When are we gonna see a HD pic of the American Flag on the moon??? That would stop all the Moon Hoax Theories or it would start an international crisis. Maybe that is what Biden was talking aobut. hahaaha Either way, I want to know the truth.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by tator3]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Tator,

High res shots of the flag and such left behind during the Apollo missions would not do any good to quell the ct's. Any evidence provided would simply be deemed to be a hoax or doctored in some way. However as someone who fully believes we went, I would LOVE to see those high res photos. Just dont expect them to be earth shaking

new topics

top topics

join