It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS is being tracked.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I found this very odd site with a lot of ATS stuff on it.

link

I just was doing a little searching with my username and then I found this site which contains a lot of links to ATS mix shows and a lot of buzzwords. I have no idea what it is.

Edit: remove the space between the : and the P for the URL to work
[edit on 24-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

[mod edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Um, that address belongs to google:

OrgName: Google Inc.
NetRange: 64.233.160.0 - 64.233.191.255

I think we know they're tracking ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

What do you think google wants with us? Do they track other sites like that?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Actually, looking closer, it seems you have used one tracker-bot to find another.

The phobos.apple.com seems to be indexing podcasts on the internet, presumably to integrate with Itunes or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Google tracks everything it can, which makes it the reknown search engine it is, how'd you think it finds stuff so fast? there called spider servers. Google that

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
with that aside,I think it stands to reason to think that "they" would be watching. If not for sinister motives,then pure comedy value. (if none of this stuff is true,I could imagine them all sitting there pissing themselves with laughter.)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
why do you think ATS is the first site that is listed when you do a google search for ATS.
if they did not TRACK usage it would not be first.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As I predicted, I got the hammer befallen on me.

However, I doth protest--I got TWO infranctions for the same offense. Someone please do some better bookkeeping.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OP:

Let me put this in a kinder way:

If you have "no idea what this is", why did you bother to open up a new thread in ATS hypothesizing that you "think" ATS is being tracked?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Facepalm.

Google-bot is evil. It tracks the worlds information and gives it to the illuminati, until they fill up enough hard drives in their deathstar to cause the world to go hurlting into the sun in 2012

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

You took what I said too literally.

I have no idea what it is, meaning, it looks suspicious to me.

I don't know why google would want to track ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well...some points to consider...

1.) The Search function used for ATS, is in fact, Google (look at the top on the right).

2.) Type almost ANYTHING into Google and you are going to get a response....whats more, is ATS is a Public and registered site - how else would any of us found it?

3.) The Podcasts are automatically registered to work with iTunes aren't they? They automatically get added to the Podacst Feed.

4.) Your username, is linked to your posts you make here. This website, is online...wouldn't it make sense that whenever you posted, under your username, on this website, the two might possibly be linked? (Type in your facebook name, if you have it, is it the first one to come up?)

Just some thoughts...I don't think its anything to be overly concerned about.

- Carrot

[edit on 10/24/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is my opinion, sadly, that while there are interesting and enlightening topics here on ATS, there is also too much disinformation to make it any kind of real threat.

If something big did come up, then it would be quickly drowned by a plethora of unsubstantiated speculation.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
That is indeed a google IP address, not sure how you stumbled onto it, but it looks like bot-caching. It's already been said here before, google tracks everything it can, in fact...I would say without google "tracking" ATS (the correct term is CRAWLING), it would not be as big as it is today.

That's how people find information. Google does this with every site that does not use a meta command to block robot browsing, or alternative robots.txt server file, those sites are requested by owners to be private.

This article on wiki is accurate with information, most people who are familiary with the basics of the internet, and how managing a website works will know this already:

This process is called web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a website, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for spam).

en.wikipedia.org...

Rest assured however, for the later (spamming), ATS has protection against such activity. I hope this helps a bit, there's no need to be paranoid from a normal Google Spider. They are perfectly harmless.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I imagine some are watching us........... Only God know how much longer we can go on without some resistance........???

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Guys, not to sound mean, or like a "disinformation agent" as some of you like to label us, but...where are they getting the free time to sit around and watch us? Seriously, you guys seem to think that the Government has an "ATS Monitoring Squad" that's just poised on ATS at all times.

I don't doubt that any given government *HAS* been here, but come on, be realistic, they're not constantly observing this site. To have 30 some people sit around in a room for 24 hours on end, drinking energy drinks, tinkling in a bed pan, and sleeping for 30 minutes at a time, living off of campbells soup, and such...per country...including the ones who can't afford soup!

Shugo Say: read previous post above by me. No alarms, just paranoia.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
How many mods does ATS have? Do you think that mods outnumber gov agents asigned to ATS? Because as was stated above, they double punish people for one offense, they remove posts without actually reading the thread or the context. They deal with most problems by simply banning your ISP. So if all these mods cannot even watch this place properly, what are the chances the government is spending any money giving it a go?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiamanicus
How many mods does ATS have?

The list of Mods is on the lefthand side of the Main Page of this forum.

Do you think that mods outnumber gov agents asigned to ATS? Because as was stated above, they double punish people for one offense,

It is not uncommon to multiple staff members to be online at any one time. Thus it is also not uncommon for multiple staff members to be concurrently reviewing the same Complaint or otherwise. Double-hits, from my experience here, are firstly initiated from an Alert from an ATS Member...that Alert/Complaint becomes visible to Staff - ALL staff who are currently online - currently there is no facility for Staff Members reviewing/responding to any Complaint/Alert to be aware that other Staff Members are also doing the same. Perhaps there should be, but at present that isn't the case.

I can also tell you that unless the Alert/Complaint is quite glaringly obvious Staff DO tend in the majority of instances (I won't say every single instance, as ultimately we are human and so subject to the inevitable fallibility of being such) to review the context in which the Alerted reply is within.

That takes time. At which time a Staff Member may decide upon review that it does in fact require some form of actions - be it a Warn, a deletion or otherwise. So...there is also a chance - and has been shown in the past - that by the time a Staff Member arrives at the decision and clicks on 'Warn' or 'Delete' or otherwise another Staff Member has *beaten them to the punch* as it were...and so a 'double-whammy' results.

When this happens the person receiving the double-hit can of course request - as the greater majority have done in the past - to have that action reviewed, to alert staff they were double penalised unjustly.
Or alternatively the Action Logs which are visible to Staff also indicate the double-hit. At that point the decision is predominately reversed, the person is creditted back the extra point loss etc.

So....essentially...you making such a blanket statement is not based upon the wider reality.

they remove posts without actually reading the thread or the context. They deal with most problems by simply banning your ISP.

As mentioned above - that is false. You may well THINK it to be the case...but as someone who actually DOES it, and has done for some 8 years of ATS existance, having read through the multiple replies of Staff Members in relation to Alerted replies/threads PRIOR to any action being taken I can tell you that you are wrong.

Banning someone is not a 'Default Answer' at all. There is predominately much input/discussion had with Staff/ATS members in question before the Hammer gets dropped.
There are obvious clear-cut examples of expedient banning however - outright threats of violence, extremely obscene posts, abuse etc...spamming and the like.
However I will say this: Often people who get banned just don't 'get it'...they almost see it as their God given right to act like right pricks, to abuse people and berate people. Its called courtesy...something that isn't a whole lot to ask yet surprisingly something somewhat foriegn to a few.
As usual there are claims of innocense, of Nazi-Mods, of silencing of free-speech ad infinitum.
How about - just a suggest of course - how about those Members actually start pointing their finger of accusation inward. How about they actually ACT like adults and take some responsibility for their actions. How about they show some basic courtesy and NOT treat ATS and its Members as their own little cat-toys to bat around, to have their fun with, to vomit their vile mutterings at and then act all indignant when someone tells them to cut it out.

How about that? Or is that just toooo much to ask for some people? Must be.

So if all these mods cannot even watch this place properly, what are the chances the government is spending any money giving it a go?

...Granted, we Staff are by no means perfect. We certainly make our mistakes. I'd like to think those mistakes are geniunely a rarity. Going again from actually being privy to how much Staff action is taken on a daily basis, the context thereof and the processes followed I also know Staff try their best. Yes bad days happen - show me ONE person who doesn't experience bad days.

But for you to say that Staff can't even watch this place properly...well...

Might I suggest possibly cutting some slack and gaining some actual factual insight into Staff processes before engaging ones mouth (or keyboard as the case may be) and making such claims.

Peace..

[edit on 25-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
HA!HA!......... Now that's an honest assessment, I don't know how true it is, but if you can't log on tomorrow you were right..........

This is a reply to Tiamanicus.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by rikk7111]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join