It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Presidential Response: Integrity Regarding Palin's "Real-American Parts of the Country"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
From Obama's speach yesterday in Richmond VA 10/22: Can you imagine again what it would be like to have an intelligible President who's words speak so much louder than the Anti-American track the neo-cons have taken.

There are no real or fake parts of this country. We are not separated by the pro-America and anti-America parts of this nation – we all love this country, no matter where we live or where we come from. There are patriots who supported this war in Iraq and patriots who opposed it; patriots who believe in Democratic policies and those who believe in Republican policies. The men and women from Virginia and all across America who serve on our battlefields may be Democrats and Republicans and Independents, but they have fought together and bled together and some died together under the same proud flag. They have not served a Red America or a Blue America – they have served the United States of America.

We have always been at our best when we've had leadership that called us to look past our differences and come together as one nation, as one people; leadership that rallied this entire country to a common purpose – to a higher purpose. And I am running for President of the United States of America because that is the country we need to be right now.

This country and the dream it represents are being tested in a way that we haven't seen in nearly a century. And future generations will judge ours by how we respond to this test. Will they say that this was a time when America lost its way and its purpose? When we allowed the same divisions and fear tactics and our own petty differences to plunge this country into a dark and painful recession?

Or will they say that this was another one of those moments when America overcame? When we battled back from adversity by recognizing that common stake that we have in each other's success?

This is one of those moments. I realize you're cynical and fed up with politics. I understand that you're disappointed and even angry with your leaders. You have every right to be. But despite all of this, I ask of you what's been asked of the American people in times of trial and turmoil throughout our history. I ask you to believe – to believe in yourselves, in each other, and in the future we can build together.

www.youtube.com...

Can anyone imagine McCain or Palin saying something even remotely like this?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul comes really close, but it is obvious that his party pretty much dumped him as he would shed too much light on the truth behind the truth when it comes to the real state of the nation. This would be anathema to those who control the economic and political centers of the US, so, of course, they put lipstic on a pi... I mean Pallin, and partnered her up with a figure with a dubious, and blurred War Hero status (Sorry, getting shot down on a carpet bombing attack and getting caught by the enemy does not a hero make, in my book) with an inconsistent memory and then told them what to say. Real leaders challenge us to think, and to act on what is right. Frauds use deflection and diversion to obscure their ineptitude. I don't think I can remember in the last 40 years a presidential campaign so full of such tactics and so devoid of any substance. Paul, in my mind is more a hero to this country than McOld and the pi... I mean honorable governor from Alaska. As for Obama, his rhetoric reminds me of one of these new age preachers who lead multi-million dollar New Christian churches which have less to do with religious study than merely using it as a tool to fleece each of its 10,000 audience members of large portions of their hard earned paychecks, which they can't really afford to part with; and said minister is driving around in a brand new Jaguar sporting a silk suit worth a small fortune and a trophy wife with more plastic on board than a new boat.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thought it was important enough to bump. These words should be heard by all on ATS, more importantly Americans. Positive and hopeful.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Can anyone imagine McCain or Palin saying something even remotely like this?

No I can not. Fear and division are the bread and butter tactics of the Republican party. It is quite sad that in today's political climate these tactics are as effective as hope and inspiration. Let us all pray that better times are to come for all of us, Democrat and Republican.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

I agree. Why does hope and a positive outlook seem so dangerous to people? What could possibly be offensive to anyone in this? Please read this as it is what we need to hear - from both sides.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Very good examples of the divisive techniques at work, there, nyk537.
Appropriate for the thread.

ColoradoJens, I have loved every speech of Obama's that I've ever heard. He inspires people to break down the silly barriers that make us different and embrace our uniqueness, instead. The thought of actually having him as our president (after what we've been through recently) gives me hope.

Regardless the outcome of this election, I look forward to following his career and listening to him speak in the future. He's a man of greatness.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Very good examples of the divisive techniques at work, there, nyk537.
Appropriate for the thread.

Not sure if your being sarcastic here or not BH (I just got to work this morning and my brain is only powered up to about 60%)

That was my intent though, these types of "anti-American" tactics are being used by both sides, not just one. I think we have had enough time to look into and talk about all of these types of things.

There less than two weeks left now. If we can't look at the issues at this point then who are we to vote for our next President?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
If we can't look at the issues at this point then who are we to vote for our next President?

We CAN look at the issues, though. We are not slaves to the media. We don't have to listen to the divisive politics being spewed for ratings gains. We can go in search of the truth and reject the divisive politics.

We are not puppets. We have intelligent, discerning minds that we can USE to look at the issues and decide who we think would be better for the country.

I'm just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree BH. Although I am Canadian I have been following the Presidential race. Obama is clearly a passionate man and when he speaks he's not just reading from a prepared speech, there's an awful lot of heart in there too.

He comes across as very genuine, and I really don't think it's possible to "fake" a lot of that. He definitely has qualities reminiscent of JFK in many ways.

I enjoy his speeches and discussions too for many reasons.

McCain is not the "sculpted" scholar, and although he has a LOT of experience, there is a very "shifty" quality to him that is a bit unnerving. He is a curious man.

I tend to watch the body language and gestures as well as the eyes a lot, rather than just what's being said. Obama's entire body steps into his contacts with people...he desires contact. McCain steps away or looks away or all together looks right past his contacts.

The two really are like night and day with many pro's to each.

McCain does have an abundance of experience and if that was all it took to be Prez he'd win hands down...clearly people are looking for a LEADER this time around and experience alone won't be the deciding factor.

I always get the feeling when Obama speaks that he's very confident and really believes in what he says. McCain always seems a bit unsure...not really ready to commit.

Just an opinion.

Here Canada, we got stuck with Harper...our "out of sight , out of mind" leader...*sigh*

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I agree with you completely BH (shocking isn't it)

BUT, try telling that to the countless people still spreading this stuff and feeding off of every word the MSM says.

It's frustrating to say the least, but welcome to politics right?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I agree with you completely BH (shocking isn't it)

Yes. And if you and I can agree, that's PROOF that we stand stronger united than divided...
You can vote for who you think is best for the country and I can vote for who I think is best for the country and we can both rest assured that we BOTH want what's best for the country!

justgeneric, I agree completely. I think McCain has a belief in what he's saying, but I'm afraid he is saying what he thinks the supporters want to hear instead of what he really believes... from his heart. I think it's gotten to the point where winning the election is more important to him than his integrity, and that's terribly sad. He's a good man, but I don't think he'd make a good president.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
we can both rest assured that we BOTH want what's best for the country!

You will never hear an argument out of me against that BH, I know you do.

I just wish you weren't so wrong.
(only kidding)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Barak is an excellent speaker and his message is that of hope, change, and the ability to pull together. Thanks for the insight and again, the words speak for themselves.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

As I had said before, the manner in which people were treated by those mostly in the right for opposing the war and this adminstration has just been down right disgusting and unpatriotic. Calling your fellow american "commie" or "terrorist loving" and "military hating" because they choose to speak out, because they do not share you views... this has been the attitude of the right, and to this day this we still have members on the right saying these things.

Say what you must about Obama, his the only presidential candidate Iv seen in this race respect all americans from right to left. Unlike the McPalin express and their "real america" garbage.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Reply to Southern Guardian

Thanks for the reply. You know I think part of the Obama hysteria is that he is actually literate and can speak well. Eight years of the most comedic and sad Presidential commentary has left us wanting someone who actually sounds like they know what they are talking about.
That in itself is a somewhat devisive comment, but man, GW & CLINTON should start a Broadway musical or something. What shennanigans!

ColoradoJens

top topics

join