It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Betrays Base on Immigration Amnesty - What that's not the "Hockey Mom" I know!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Liability
Amnesty
Partido Republicano

Univision recorded an interview with Mrs. Palin. She seems, according to many right wing sources, to have put her foot in her mouth when she answered this question:

To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

www.univision.com...

Now, just so you don't say this isn't important or that it's just the MSM - Here are some quotes from the ardent Right-Wing Machine - even THEY can't believe she is this unprepared!

Here is from the uber conservative TheCorner (NationalReview):

"What Palin's response shows is that, first, she's completely open to whatever kool-aid they want her to drink — i.e., she has no innate resistance to amnesty for illegals that would cause her to look for less-unappealing ways of saying what the campaign wants her to say. And second, it shows what the campaign is telling her about McCain's views on the issue — if McCain's talk of "border security first" were anything but boob bait for Bubba, his operatives would have made it clear that Palin was supposed to include that in her discussion of immigration, but she didn't even make a passing reference to it."

corner.nationalreview.com...

Here is quote from Daniel Larison of the American Conservative:

I have given up trying to understand what Palinites see in their favorite candidate. If this does not drive home how malleable and unacquainted with the relevant policy options she is, I’m not sure what would.

www.amconmag.com...

How about everyone's favorite neo-con cheerleader Michele Malkin?

"We're Screwed, '08!"

michellemalkin.com...

Nice move chica. I have to throw in one last quote because it is pertinant to what the right wing machine is now saying about Palin. She sounds, again, like the NC Beauty Queen in this one: Check out the non-sensicals going here from the Univision original article:

What is your strategy? How are you planning to win the latino vote?
I will tell you, I wish that there were more hours in the day so that we can get out there and to more of the communities with such the strong Latino vote that is out there and really tell them that we desire to work for them. We are asking them to hire us and let us work for them.

What? Your strategy is that you wish you could go speak to them but there aren't enough hours in the day? Not a polished statesperson, like someone who would be our VP.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As if I needed another reason to dislike this woman.

I'm out of tally marks.

I can only think that up in Alaska they have no experience whith what II is doing to the country and she's simply ignorant to the situation.

Which begs the question, why was she chosen again?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

There will be no path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. America loves cheap labor too much and are using those 12+ million people to do it. Congress will never pass any such law. Palin is a nimrod, that's the nicest thing I can say about her.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Nice try. Reading the whole article would help, instead of quoting out of context.

Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 or 13 million undocumented immigrants?

No, I do not. I do not. Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. They've got to follow the bar, and we have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

At least she didn't slam the door completely on illegals. She said to follow the rules like everybody else. How can you disagree with that?

Besides, if she had said "No way, no how!", you'd be accusing her of racism.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Nice try? Did you read my post and the response by YOUR BASE to what I posted? I did read the article, as I posted it. The point isn't that she ALSO said NO to giving them citizenship in one question, it's what she said in the next! Nice try indeed! Again, go to the OP, see the VOICE of the NEOCONS slapping her around for this one - as I stated, even they cannot believe she is this UNPREPARED for questions.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Here's a new thought for you: think for yourself, and don't be swayed by what others tell you to think.

I read it there in black and white.

Besides, Obama is the one you need to worry about. He wants to give driver's licenses and Social Security payments to illegal aliens:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

Let's keep this thread on the right track.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Here's a new thought for you: think for yourself, and don't be swayed by what others tell you to think.

Geeze, thanks for that. Can I quickly point out the hipocrisy of offering one an opinion to disregard all other opnions, including your own that you just offered me?

Besides, Obama is the one you need to worry about. He wants to give driver's licenses and Social Security payments to illegal aliens:

You post a McCain attack ad and you are telling me to think for myself?
What are the talking points that are so obviously balck and white in this? Your premise by showing this is to make me believe that Obama - as the add says "wants to give a drivers license to any illegal who wants one" - can you please provide a source? For that matter, please back up what you just presented as fact.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Sure. Here's a few links:

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/01/28/MNH1UL57Q.DTL&type=politics

blogs.abcnews.com...

mediamatters.org...

new topics

top topics

join