It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling stars..I just saw two (do I get two wishes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I saw two pure white falling stars fall in Eastern sky around 7:10 PM EST. They were about 30 deg off horizon.. One of my favorite things is to witness a falling star..yeah I know I'm easy..Within seconds another came almost the same path.. that I have never seen.. the second seemed to burn out a bit quicker. Too late for Orionids right?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OMG! The sky is falling!!!!!

I think the Matrix is having some problems sending our reality to us and i feel a malfunction coming on!!!!

I think they're playing head games with us.

Op, i do hope your wishes come true.

Mbeep.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Daniela Pestova - not married right?

Oh yeah World peace..

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Really? I saw 2 shooting stars the other morning as well. I was driving south, and they streamed across the sky from the west. One right after the other in nearly the same location.

And DG I love your sig

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[edit on 23-10-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Tale end of the Orionids, I suspect.

www.theskyscrapers.org...

Orionids
October 21-22

Frequency: 16-30 per hour
56.8% illumination
This shower produces a peak rate of 20 yellow and green meteors per hour, which are fast moving at 41.6 miles per second and are known to produce fireballs.

November
Leonids
November 17-18

Frequency: 31-45 per hour
80.9% illumination
The Leonids are best known for their 33-year peaks, during which 100s of meteors per hour can be observed. The last of these peaks occured in 2001.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Agree with Jbird on this one - It's been an unusually strong Orionid shower this year. There is also lots of activity from minor showers at this time of year, so what you saw might not necessarily be Orionids. If you follow back the trails, they should point back towards the South Eastern part of Orion if they are Orionids.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
they should point back towards the South Eastern part of Orion if they are Orionids.

Correction-
That should read " North Eastern part of Orion".

top topics

join