It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OPEC chief foresees oil output cut despite economic crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

OPEC chief foresees oil output cut despite economic crisis

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA (AFP) – OPEC's president said the oil cartel will lower output at an urgent meeting on Friday as hardline members pushed for sharp cuts despite warnings that a resulting price rise could worsen economic hardship.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This pisses me off to no end. What this says to me is, "Hey, we're not making enough profit on oil now, so let's cut production to force prices to sky rocket again."
People have it hard enough, and these jerks come in and try to milk the most out of us that they can get. Will it never end?
You know, I have this theory, well, more of a question really. If God, as you all call it, is such a proponent of freedom, choice, and free will, then why is it that I had no choice in whether or not I wanted to spend my life on this sh*thole of a rock? I mean, if I had a choice, a real choice, I surely would have chosen to stay wherever it was I came from. I can imagine Hell being worse than this place, but not by much.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
absolutely insane, we need to stop these dang criminals!!

There is NO REASON to cut production except for them to charge more and make profit, thats it.

join