It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about the future of mankind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So let's face facts...

We screwed up bad...Didn't we ?

We handed our lives over to our governments, who now control us, they should have been the ones working for us...but it was just too comfortable wasn't it, we handed all our worries and responsibilities over to a handful of people, who then made decisions on our behalf..

We had nothing to worry about, it was all being taken care of...

But as it has been said a billion times before...power corrupts!

So now we have a few hundred people dictating the lives of billions...

So unless 6 billion people stand up and revolt against the tyranny we are facing, we are screwed...

Ok, we all know this will never happen, so let's get on with it...

What do you guys think the future holds for us within the next 20 years ?

Will the one world government be in place by then ?
Will Religion be abolished ?
How many more of our freedoms would have been taken away ?
Will we still have use of the internet, or will internet be the next corporate - pay per view - ?
Tracking Chips ?
Police states ?

Share your thoughts....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The world will be ran by damned dirty apes!

Mankind will go the way of the dinos!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
we're just gonna be slaves to the debts created. fed minimal cost food and have minimal rights. but i of course believing in an awakening and an enlightenment before then. we do "know" there is a major shift in consciousness coming. so im waiting. keep yer eyes peeled

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

Can you explain where you think this enlightenment will come from ?
Will it be divine intervention ?

Or will our concioussness magically shift overnight ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

Actually this is the year of the new beginnings. If this system falls, not a problem at all. Bring it on. I hate to wait. Everyone need to learn how to live in the upcoming years, but change is not necessarily bad. I wouldn't bury mankind... yet.

There is hope, because people are starting to awake. That's a good sign for us... bad sign for the morons. This last one doesn't really concern me at all.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I love this line form Devil's Advocate.
I think it sums it up.

"It's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future."

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
well i dont know how much "facts" you can find. but i know that to date the mayans and their calendar has yet to fail us. and they say its a major global shift in consciousness. an enlightenment. spiritually of course.

pretty much its the end of the long count on the mayan calendar and many see it as doomsday and the end of the world or the end of history or armageddon, but i stick with the mayans and go with spiritual enlightenment. apparently in the 70's about 2% of the population was considered "spiritual" where as today it is near 20% and the past few years is booming. this is also in light of what quantum physics has been proving with consciousness and entanglement and that we are all one n such. its really beautiful. love n hate n all.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

go search 2012 ascension of consciousness. global/cosmic shift. mass awakening. and let me know what you think. opinions are great

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Personally, i see a brick wall in front of me and then there's nothing.

I guess i'll be the first one to leave if that asteroid hits North America Atlantic Ocean.

*sigh*

Was it Peggy Lee who said "Is this all there is?"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's too late at night for me to put together a terribly cogent post but I will offer one thought. I don't think there's any chance religion will be crushed. It's just too darned useful at helping to keep the populace under control. Who'd want to get rid of a tool like that?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So in 2012 every human being on earths conciousness will be enlightened ?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I just find it hard to believe, there would have to be some kind of "force" if you will involved, or some huge world event that would shock people into that kind of enlightenment of which you speak ?

So what do u think that would be ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
well the earth is seen as a cell. alive. it gives off a certain frequency. i believe it was around 7.5 in the 80's and has increased to around 12-12.5 mega hertz now and increasing at a greater rate. also the earths axis a few decades ago was at like 7 and is now ....crap. 11 or 12? point is its shifting n we're not sure why. (sorry i dont have exact figures but look into it some and youll come across tons of other great info for thought). wellapparently we respond to the earths mhz (heartbeat) and are changing with it. also the sun is acting up and beginning to give off different radiation and frequencies. which affects us too.

another good google is 2012 and the evolution of consciousness.

heres an excerpt i found and ill provide the link. apparently these shifts happen every few thousand years and the mayan calendar is actually now known to be evolution based as opposed to agricultural based like the gregorian. and if u research it, youll see its accuracy and the great near unsurpassed knowledge of the mayans.

Precession and The Astrological Doctrine of The Ages
A discussion of precession and the astrological Doctrine of the World Ages is hence in its place. The phenomenon of the precession of the earth, resulting in the wobbling movement of its axis, was to my knowledge first described by the Babylonian Kidinnu in 315 BC and the Greek astronomer Hipparchus of Nicea in 130 BC. It seems however likely that a drift in the position of stars had been noted even earlier and very likely as human beings gained a long term consciousness of the passage of time around the beginning of baktun 6 (see Chapter 9) speculations about a possible link between the moving positions of the stars and the coming and going of ages began. There is no reason to believe that the Maya, who commonly aligned their buildings with the heliacal rising of stars, would be an exception to this awareness of the precession of the earth.

From the limited perspective of an inhabitant of this planet the precessional movement becomes apparent through the slow change in the points on the horizon where stars rise. This is generated by the slow wobbling movement of the earth1s axis, which is similar to the circular movement of the axis of a spinning gyroscope (or bicycle wheel) that a force has been applied to. Our own situation on earth may then be likened to that of a flea living on a spinning gyroscope whose axis wobbles. Because of this wobbling movement the outlook of the flea on the external world will gradually undergo change. Thus, the flea would experience a change in perspective when looking out, "changing ages," as the axis of the gyroscope would be pointing in different directions. This is a parallel to what the ancients did from their earth-centred perspective. The point to realize however is that these changing views of the ancients - or of the flea - do not bring about a change in consciousness. Precession only changes the external appearance of the sky.

There is thus nothing mystical about this movement which is explained by Newton1s Law of Gravitation. According to Newtonian mechanics the equation determining the precessional cycle of the earth is:

d(prec)sun/dt + d(prec)moon/dt = KPS cos (eps)

more on next post

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Where eps is the particular inclination of the earth1s axis (23�) and KPS is an expression of the degree of bulging of the earth. What this equation means is that the duration of the precessional cycle is directly dependent on the masses and distances of the sun, moon, and planets, the inclination of the earth1s axis and its degree of bulging. (Mars, which is smaller than the earth and at a longer distance from the sun, has a precessional cycle of some 170,000 years). The duration of the precessional cycle is thus entirely based on physical factors, which may be calculated and explained by exactly the same equations that are used to place space sonds on Mars, build skyscrapers, etc, and whose validity there is thus little reason to question. What this means is that if precession were behind the coming and going of ages, then inhabitants of a planet whose axis had another declination than our own would develop at a different rate than ourselves. On a planet with no inclination of the axis (and hence no precession) no evolution could take place. On a planet made from a non-bulging material (and hence no precession) no evolution could take place. A planet with no moon would have a considerably slower precessional movement and hence a much slower rate of the evolution of the consciousness of its inhabitants. From a creationist perspective it seems extremely unlikely that the evolution of consciousness should directly and proportionately depend on such physical factors. Yet, the astrological Doctrine of the World Ages has been based on this astronomical movement. This doctrine states that as the polar axis shifts direction as a result of the precessional movement the vernal point will point towards the different twelve signs in the Zodiac during eras each of 2160 years. Each of these eras is then called an age which shares certain qualities.

www.experiencefestival.com...

heres another great link thats pretty extensive: www.paulapeterson.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There is no proof of a cataclysm in 2012. If you have ever studied astronomy you can appreciate the presession. The presession is where the sun is in the Zodiac. The sun will be in Aquarius in 2012, raising the Age of Aquarius. If you were to look at the Mayan calendar... You would see at the end of their calendar, about december 21 2012. This is the last day before we are in the Age of Aquarius. Thus the depiction of a God flooding the world is simply no more than their sign for Aquarius. And our world has gone through much worse than one little rock flying at us. Not to mention that Jupiter has a tendency to grab hold of anything coming at us, and taking it in, or sling shotting it back away from us. Yes, statistically we should not say IF we will be hit by a meteor but -when-. Say if it happens, the world will not end most likely. It will change as it has every day since creation. Let us live for today, and not become obsessed with the possible future.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by acewilliams]

top topics

join