These 'Call To Action' and 'Time to Overthrow the Government' threads need to stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

At least we still have a place here in this boards where free speech and the expression of frustrations are still allowed.

I wonder sometimes when ATS will become a big red flag for the gestapo police call the home land of oppression.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its the people who don't post on those threads that are acting..

"Don't get too cocky my boy. No matter how good you are don't ever let them see you coming. That's the gaffe my friend. You gotta keep yourself small. Innocuous. Be the little guy. You know, the nerd... the leper.... Look at me."

-Devils Advocate

Live by it

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My understanding is that you can want to over throw the government, you just can't voice or try to do it through violent means. I have yet to hear anyone state they want to achieve this violently.

I usually try to stay away from these types of threads, but I think it is wrong to say you can't want the current government or form of government out. Thomas Jefferson said that we need a revolution every 75 years because things have gotten so screwed up by that time that it can't be fixed. (what he said but not verbatim) So even the forefathers knew something at sometime would be wrong.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When the time comes, individuals will be their own armies. Everyone will have to be vigilant in WHATEVER MEANS THEY CHOOSE to defend their own freedoms and those of their family. I'm sure that the things to come are well meaning from the top, however.

The "calls to action" are engraved into everyone's mind already since nine one one & katrina though solutions are realized to be individual actions. Expressions of solidarity are normal before mass action, long before. It's like actors in a play, though there are no rehearsals only self study, learning the lines and hope for the best when the audience shows up.

I don't know where you live, but come out east and go anywhere near ground zero on any given day and see how *many* people are doing nothing with their megaphones in hand and vigils at dark. Go out to the shooting ranges and see how many have their scopes dialed in to a 1/2" over 200 feet. Go to the small businesses across the country and ask how the shop owners feel and how close to the end of their ropes they are. Read what you just typed and ask yourself why you seem to be so prepared yet frustrated that everyone seems to be all talk, then ask yourself will you lead? Go to any pissed off person's computer room and look at their internet history. Most are busy trying to debunk doom as no one wants it, a desperate last resort to keep the world off their nerves and to hope that their guts are wrong. In a few short months your perception of people might I mean WILL change drastically.

When the moment comes to take personal action of whatever form, you'll see your neighbors in action, surviving and maybe yourself in utter shock or maybe you'll have your own plan in place. Everyone knows that enforcement of freedom is a personal choice and personal actions will be required. Like minded people will find each other fast. That's when you will see what yo don't see now, in whatever form INDIVIDUAL action becomes.

I just hope everyone can stay civil and be as diplomatic as possible.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

i agree with you completely in my OP i state

i have no problem with the ideas it just ticks me off that people keep starting new threads about it .... everyone's like oh ya i'm in and yet nothing ever physically results from it .... it'd be nice if people would do something

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

oh i'm quite ready for this to happen i have a place to go where i'll be safe plenty of food and guns(if need be) i'm not saying i don't want to see this happen i just don't get the point that if people really want this to happen why don't they stop talking about the idea of it happening and actually make it happen?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I suggest this: www.abovetopsecret.com...' thread to you. Surely a nonviolent manner of utilizing the powers afforded us by the Constitution........

IF we choose .....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by CosmicEgg

yes i agree with you that that is a very big dream, but the definition of treason is:
"1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government OR to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery."

Source

these threads sound like they could possibly qualify for that ....

Let us not forget that our founding documents say that we may, in the event of corrupt and oppressive government, abolish such government and institute one that serves the people. This is why we have the second amendment. We were founded on revolution and it will always be in our blood, that, and our desire to be free more so than that.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Op I 100% agree with you. These threads that say "lets overthrow the government, yeah lets really do it...U2U me dude" are silly beyond all comprehension.

They probably are illegal in some way too. But worse they are laughable! So shamefully stupid they are an embarrassment to rational ATS posters.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
True, when ppls backs are against the wall,broke,hungry,desperate and mad as hell,watch out,This will be a breaking point and catalyst for real change,perhaps violently.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

i really dont understand your post are you mocking me or being serious?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

thank you! finally another person that comes forward and agrees! haha i knew i wasn't the only one who thought this was getting out of hand

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by seejanerun

i agree with you completely in my OP i state

i have no problem with the ideas it just ticks me off that people keep starting new threads about it .... everyone's like oh ya i'm in and yet nothing ever physically results from it .... it'd be nice if people would do something

You could have said what you needed to say in the original thread. People need to talk these things out. It makes us feel better and it isn't hurting anyone.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
True, when ppls backs are against the wall,broke,hungry,desperate and mad as hell,watch out,This will be a breaking point and catalyst for real change,perhaps violently.

Yeah when people are starving, or fear their kids will die they may do something. But they sure as hell won't be talking about it on ATS when it reaches that point, unless by some stroke of luck they STILL have internet and a computer, but are too stupid to realize that announcing their plans on a public website probably won't get them too far .

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I am not mocking you. I don't do that. The thread I linked was one in which there was a question: Why not let the popular vote decide the election?

I challenged people in that thread [perhaps challenge is too strong] to devise a system in which we, the people, could have the popular vote, and have positive assurance that the count was accurate.

I thought that tied in neatly with your thread. If I'm in error, I mean no harm, truly. I kinda feel the possibility of a collaborative effort here, and I think it has merit in relation to your thread.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AislinYou could have said what you needed to say in the original thread. People need to talk these things out. It makes us feel better and it isn't hurting anyone.

First off, I would bet as the op said it could violate some laws.

Secondly, talking things out can be done without suggesting ridiculous ideas and pretending to make silly plans. Apparently many here don't see that difference, but it is a HUGE difference. Reality vs. silly internet fantasy.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I understand where you're at, and the OP also in that threads that basically say, "let's overthrow the government" seems as somewhat hollow threats. At least I hope so.

On the other hand, perhaps a thread deciding of what we all want (WWAW!) is long overdue. It really depends upon the mood of the OP, right? I'm too old for anarchy. Been there, done that....... it's painful.

Do I have scars?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I hesitate to even respond to you, but since one of the threads you cited was mine, I will.
First, my thread "A call to actions for all ATS members" is just what is says:
A CALL TO ACTION
Not a call to talk, or discuss, but a CALL TO ACT.
Now, before you ACT, you need to PLAN and AGREE what those ACTIONS should be. Simple enough.
If you don't want to act, fine. Then you are guilty of what you are accusing others of, namely taking no action. That is your choice, but understand you are basically yelling at yourself.
Many of us will take actions, and NO, they will NOT be violent. That would be stooping to the level of the people we are trying to stop.
If you are perfectly happy with the way things are going, fine. Then you have no reason to complain. Otherwise, if you are not happy, then by doing nothing, you admit defeat. Again, that is your choice.
We are taking action. Boycotts, setting up websites, , getting the word out to those not on ATS, THOSE are actions. They are a start. They are much more than you are doing by complaining that our threads need to stop. Hopefully they WON'T STOP, and hopefully, good will come from our actions. We have had many offers of help from members, some of whom have only come forward because of our call to action. I applaud them. They are true modern day heroes. they are offering their time and services to help others.
What we are doing is NOT TREASONOUS. It is HUMANITY helping HUMANITY, and yes, it's corny perhaps, but we are FIGHTING EVIL.
I am proud to work with these people.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes. I have no problem with your thread, even though I have not posted there. We live out of the U.S. on a tiny little island, and while I support your thesis, I cannot contribute in a real manner. It's a matter of geography. I have to tell you though, I like what is going on in your thread. A meeting of the minds. That's the best of things sometimes.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

no offense taken sorry about that i just misinterpreted the post ... that's my fault ...

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join