These 'Call To Action' and 'Time to Overthrow the Government' threads need to stop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
not to kill these types of threads or anything but .....couldn't brainstorming sessions like these be considered acts of treason? IMO i think that the people of ATS are all talk ... no offense but i have NEVER seen any proof that there has been an actual carrying out of plans drawn up by the members of ATS ... ya it's nice thinking about what we could do, but it'd be nice if we actually DID IT. Don't ask me how to do it because i have no clue ... i personally think threads like these are getting old fast ... nothing ever gets accomplished ... ideas get thrown around and possibly even a plan is drawn up ... but nothing ever comes from it ... they're just like every other thread ... they'll die down in a month or so...

p.s. i have no problem with the ideas it just ticks me off that people keep starting new threads about it .... everyone's like oh ya i'm in and yet nothing ever physically results from it .... it'd be nice if people would do something but seriously the chances of ATSer's actually going out there and starting a nationwide movement are slim to none .... just my opinion .... bash it all you want ill stand by it ....

[edit on 23-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My God Man, what are you implying?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's human nature...

We all want to "talk" about it, but 99% of us don't want to act upon it..

Assimilate or die, i sguess...

Personally, if things get real bad, talking bout revolutions, wars, uprising, nuclear wars etc etc.

I'd rather be in a military uniform...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey guys! How about this for an idea. Remember how we were all taught in school about how anybody could become POTUS? Remember how they taught us that America was a government of the people, for the people and by the people? What do you say we make that the deal again? What if we voted for a real good neighbor in our town. What if only decent folks ran the county. The state would most likely end up with a great governor and some real stand-up types doing their bit on the federal level. None of them would get more than your average pay because that just makes them greedy and they have to behave even better than we do because the new rule there is to "lead by example". Same goes for cops, teachers, church folk, shopkeepers and on and on and on. Husbands would be formally and honorably responsible for the well-being of the family. Imagine...

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...."

Now THAT'S high treason!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

that people on ATS only say what they WANT to do not what they're GOING to do ... i have no objection to these ideas or anything ... i just don't like the fact that people say stuff their going to do something but don't ever actually do anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

yes i agree with you that that is a very big dream, but the definition of treason is:
"1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government OR to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery."

Source

these threads sound like they could possibly qualify for that ....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Okay so the current way of government is treachery. I'm only guilty of wishful thinking.

It's still the answer to the problem. And in the current political environment, I'm quite sure I'm a terrorist with the words in my previous post.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The constitution explicitly allows "the people" to overthrow by force any goverment institution. The constitution supercedes all "law" including any laws of treason. However, if one worked for or was under the employment of said goverment, they could commit treason if it went against the job. A goverment worker is a public SERVANT! They commit treason against us, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the people who took part in the U.S. Revolution in the 1700's are patriots, in that they commited treasonous acts against their government. But today, if a person does the "patriotic" things that would bring about another revolution against an oppressive goverment in the U.S., they would be labled criminals or even, gasp, terrorists. I guess we have all forgotten that Thomas Jefferson condoned bloody revolution from time to time to feed the roots of the tree of liberty. Of course, during the 1700's, the rebels in the colonies had weapons comparable to the British troops. How many civilians now have automatic weapons, microwave weapons, jets with rockets attached to them, radar systems, protective vests and helmets, tanks, machine guns, claymore mines, etc.?
It's much easier now to talk revolution than to actually conduct a revolution against a government now. At least in the U.S. The powers that be have seen to that. I once knew a man who lived in Loveland, Ohio who owned an armored vehicle, but those days are gone. It's now the information age, with the internet, etc. Who was it who said the pen is mightier than the sword? Maybe the info highway is the best way to incite a revolution and perhaps it would be less bloody. Just my rambling thoughts.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You do NOT speak for all of ATS. I, for one, am doing my part. Not all talk. I doubt everyone else is all talk, either. It's just that those who are doing the real work are probably likely to keep it underground until it reaches a point. If people want to rant, let them. Freedom of speech. This site is about the collaboration of ideas and perspectives. The extreme topics reflect the extreme times at hand and perceived to come by intuiters and analyzers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People need to vent,the world is unraveling slowly before our eyes,before we as people are truly powerless and broke, i think having shared ideas,is at least prudent,This isn't China ,we still have free speech....i think.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
All right i got sucked into this one....

If you don't like those threads, don't read those threads. Pretty damn simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by antar

that people on ATS only say what they WANT to do not what they're GOING to do .

There is a big difference between discussing an idea versus an actual plan of attack. The latter is illegal. The former is merely academic. You are suggesting that people who would consider or be in favor of a new revolution should be planning it here. Are you for real? Would you want the government rounding up the opposition and imprisoning them now?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I have a few questions for you.

Are you sure nothing ever gets done by ATS members who post in such threads?

How do you know nothing ever gets done because of such threads?

Maybe you just aren't in the loop.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
okay in response to all of your ?'s and responses ... i was merely just stating the ? about it being treason not actually claiming it was, just asking .... haha and to the people who are mad for me saying that not everyone has been doing their im just saying that people collectively ... the ones that post oh "i'm in", "i'll follow" ... it just frustrates me seeing people say that they're in for these ideas and not actually collectively AS A GROUP to do something that would REALLY MAKE AN IMPACT ... ya i know that's what these threads are meant for ... but really i found a Thread that talks about this way back in 2003 ... its been 5 years and no one has risen up ... and i do visit the thread to read the ideas and things that are thrown around and to see if something actually will happen, i'm not saying that i'm against the ideas just the fact that these forums keep popping up yet no one has done anything collectively on a NATION WIDE scale which is what all these threads discuss ... i'm not talking about just a few of ATSer's getting together and doing something to do show their distaste in the government ...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

On a nationwide scale? I doubt it would ever occur.... DO you know how hard that would be to orchestrate? You would need the people contacting town managers, contacting state managers and main group man to run the entire operation. I'm sorry but must of us at ATS have lives outside of this as well.

-IgNoRaNt

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

yes i know this im barely on this site during the week seeing as theres plenty of better things to do ..... just dont understand why then all these people say that they should overthrow the government

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by CosmicEgg

yes i agree with you that that is a very big dream, but the definition of treason is:
"1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government OR to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery."

Source

these threads sound like they could possibly qualify for that ....

So in other words what are govt. already did to the constitution?

Plus who says we don't all act on things here.

The people who do would be idiots to post it assuming they don't want to go to jail. But I understand you may be frustrated with the "posers" well all I can say to that is welcome to the real world then happens all the time.

If a govt. was overthrown there would still be "posers" in the govt. as well offering to work for the individuals that over threw the govt.

I call it the reality of life. The beauty is that the more posers there are the better chance you have of succeeding.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Ign0rant

yes i know this im barely on this site during the week seeing as theres plenty of better things to do ..... just dont understand why then all these people say that they should overthrow the government

True, but like someone said before it's human nature right? As humans we are never satisfied with anything. If ATS did overthrow the government, we unwilling will just turn into the next Illuminati or even worse. Then a new CT site would pop up called "FlyingOverTopSecret.com" that would want to overthrow us. The topics won't stop until people are satisfied with the administration which unfortunately will never happen.

-IgN0RanT

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just another thread looking to boost their ATS points. Works everytime. You post about hating other posts and you're guarenteed AT LEAST a full page of responses. I am even contributing to this equally annoying phenomena by posting, oh well.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join