It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporter attacks and carves "B" in Mccain supporter's face. (Udate - She Lied)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This woman's false allegations could have led to serious racial backlash from the white community. She is the caucasian version of Tawana Brawley, the young woman championed by Al Sharpton, who turned out to be fabricating too. Like many, I too was outraged at what had allegedly happened to Todd, though I questioned its political motivation. Now I am just angry, though relieved that a real danger has been averted by her confession.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOL so... where are all the replies apologizing?

Want ketchup on that crow?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

They are all fleeing to other threads that don't have "HOAX" or "Lied" in them.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I knew this was a hoax from the minute I read her description of the alleged black man. It sounded like a total fabrication; something that was made up on the spot, a very vague and typical description of your "average black mugger."

She needs a few more bruises on her face. It was a poor and pathetic attempt at trying to steal votes away from Obama.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
SHOCKING! who the hell thought her story made any sense anyways. the mugged part, yeah, it happens, everything after that made no fuc@#$% sense, and i said so, although i posted it anonymous because i was lazy. eh.

glad she got outed for being an idiot. disgusting. i knew it. im gonna try to find my anonymous post and quote it. eh, doesnt matter, i know what i typed.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
I'm withholding my judgment on this being fake for two reasons...

WHY?

Here's a quote from the source you used when you stated the above!

Cops: McCain Worker Made Up Attack Story

Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false, police said.
******SKIP******
"She just opened up and said she wanted to tell the truth," Bryant said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "She was upset with the media for blowing this into a political firestorm."

And another source:

Police: Woman With 'B' Scratched In Face Faked Political Attack

Ashley Todd -- who has a backward letter "B" scratched into her right cheek -- confessed to faking the story and will be charged with filing a false report, Assistant Police Chief Maurita Bryant said at a news conference Friday.

Todd, of College Station, Texas, admitted there was no robbery or attacker and said she had prior mental health problems, according to Bryant.

McCain Campaign Volunteer Admits Alleged Attack Was a Hoax

She admitted/confessed to the police it was all a lie that snowballed out of control.

And for withholding your judgement until they release the polygraph test, well, don't hold your breathe for that one!

When was the last time you ever saw polygraph test results released?

Who gets the results of the polygraph test?

Polygraph results can be released only to authorized persons. Generally those individuals who can receive test results are the examinee, and anyone specifically designated in writing by the examinee, the person, firm, corporation or governmental agency which requested the examination, and others as may be required by due process of law.

I can't say I EVER remember hearing about the "actual" test results from a polygraph test being released to the public!

I don't think the results will ever be released to the press or the public.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If the test results were released suddenly all the conservatives on this forum would go back into "detective mode" (even though detective mode was strangley absent for this thread) and claim the results were Photoshopped because they were given a JPEG instead of a raw image and/or didn't get to hold the results in their hands.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

You won't get any. Why? Here's a possible reason.

On a recent thread exposing democrats for making illegal campaign calls, a member that posts quite often in defense of anything and everything Obama oftered that the illegal issue really didn't matter because what the illegal callers were saying was "true".

How do Obama supporters feel about using similar logic in this case? That even if this incident really didn't happen, it's likely that it has in other places, or that Obama supporters were truly capable of such an act anyway even if they didn't do it this time?

Note, that I'm not suggesting that we do that, just what if some on the right did?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

Everyone has to be finally seeing just how nuts this whole campaign on both sides has gotten.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not even worth it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Some people can't admit when they are wrong.

Hey, she may be a liar but at least she admitted it eventually.

No offense but that's one step ahead of some of those members here that ferociously jumped on her tale as proof of evil liberal Obama supporters, but can't admit how they got owned by a simple, far-from-elaborate ruse that Barney Fife would have cracked on his worse day.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Right on! Some people even feel she was hit by her boyfriend, and that she is just covering up for him.
However I feel that her "black eye" is black eye shadow.
I would like to know if it was just black eye shadow, or if she really does have a black eye.

Looks like make up to me.. No swelling, and no poofing up of her eye like in the compared photo of a girl with a black eye.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm voting for McCain....but this woman is a piece of trash. I don't know what the hell she was trying to gain or prove by this....she should have known she'd get caught.

And the moron carved the B backwards because she probably did it in a mirror.

ANd now if she actually gets a beating from someone i wouldn't feel the least bit sorry for her.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think its funny that now she will have a scar of a B on her face for the rest of her life now....LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
I think its funny that now she will have a scar of a B on her face for the rest of her life now....LOL

She didn't cut deep enough to scar. That is just a scratch, basically, and it will heal. Though I think I know what the B stands for, and it isn't "Barack".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
her b stands for buffone

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The best part about this story is the fact that the police in this case actually thought things over, gave her a polygraph, investigated, and didn't resort to rounding up every young black man on the street.

This could have bee potentially a lot worse and thankfully the police dealt with it before things got out of hand.

This story also showed the true colors of many people here and elsewhere, which helps in showing who should be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It appears like the McCain camp MAY have even been "embellishing" this story BEFORE they even had any real facts of what had happened to make the most of the "attack"!

McCain Communications Director Gave Reporters Incendiary Version Of "Carved B" Story Before Facts Were Known

John McCain's Pennsylvania communications director told reporters in the state an incendiary version of the hoax story about the attack on a McCain volunteer well before the facts of the case were known or established -- and even told reporters outright that the "B" carved into the victim's cheek stood for "Barack," according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions.

John Verrilli, the news director for KDKA in Pittsburgh, told TPM Election Central that McCain's Pennsylvania campaign communications director gave one of his reporters a detailed version of the attack that included a claim that the alleged attacker said, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson."
******SKIP******
The McCain spokesperson's claims -- which came in the midst of extraordinary and heated conversations late yesterday between the McCain campaign, local TV stations, and the Obama camp, as the early version of the story rocketed around the political world -- is significant because it reveals a McCain official pushing a version of the story that was far more explosive than the available or confirmed facts permitted at the time.
******SKIP******
A source familiar with what happened yesterday confirmed that the unnamed spokesperson was communications director Peter Feldman. Feldman was also quoted yesterday making virtually identical assertions on the Web site of another local TV station, WPXI. But those quotes, which we also preserved here, are also no longer available on WPXI's site, for reasons that are unclear.
******SKIP******
After that, KDKA went back to McCain's Pennsylvania spokesperson, Feldman, and asked if he stood by the story as he'd earlier told it, but he started backing off the story, a source familiar with the talks says. That prompted KDKA to remove the grafs.

Missing Grafs From WPXI Story:

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Hmm....the woman is an idiot...obviously...but

McCain didn't mention anything publicly to my knowledge?? He may have..i just haven't seen it.

I know that either him or someone in his campaign called her to apologize. Once again...i don't have links...but i'm pretty sure this happened.

I believe he should have done that. If it were my campaign and this SUPPOSEDLY happened to one of my supporters...i would apologize to them also because i would feel responsible for it.

If i were him i'd be alittle ticked off right now.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I believe both McCain and Palin called her.

Here's a link

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join