It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporter attacks and carves "B" in Mccain supporter's face. (Udate - She Lied)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
I do still love the outburst of exuberance from all the Obama supporters here. Compare that to the HOAX tag the "kill him" thread got after tat was debunked. Oh wait, it never did.

Even though this is a hoax, there are other hoaxes that you guys continue to beleive as fact, even with nothing to back it up.

So. what was the point of all this, exactly?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Even though this is a hoax, there are other hoaxes that you guys continue to beleive as fact, even with nothing to back it up.

So what you're saying is that it's cool to just throw something on the wall and see what sticks?

ATS says "no".

Man, the desperation in here is smothering. :shk:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

THE KILL HIM IS ON VIDEO! YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON SAYING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Even Fox News says it happened.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I do still love the outburst of exuberance from all the Obama supporters here. Compare that to the HOAX tag the "kill him" thread got after tat was debunked. Oh wait, it never did.

I guess we'll just have to figure out who stills believes in other hoaxes like "Kill him" and everyone else that doesn't can still rip you and everyone else in this thread apart.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
People like that actually make politics so much more troubling. She isn't helping her candidate anyway. Hope she gets fined or spends some time in jail for that.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The point is, the woman should be charged and have the book thrown at her, making an example of her so others don't do similar things. She's doing the following by filing false reports like this:

* Making the Republican party as a whole look bad, even though she may not even be a Republican
* Making any REAL, legitimate attacks that are politically motivated look less credible
* Fueling the whole racism crap

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

THE KILL HIM IS ON VIDEO! YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON SAYING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Even Fox News says it happened.

GamerGal, go back into the Decision 2008 forum, find the thread where this video is posted. What is on Video is a man yelling something that sounds something like "Kill", but he could also be saying a bunch of other things. It's by NO MEANS clear, in any fashion.

Go look at the comments from viewers on You Tube. They had a very hard time making out "Kill Him" also.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The point is, the woman should be charged and have the book thrown at her, making an example of her so others don't do similar things. She's doing the following by filing false reports like this:

* Making the Republican party as a whole look bad, even though she may not even be a Republican
* Making any REAL, legitimate attacks that are politically motivated look less credible

It has been confirmed that she works for the Republican campaign:

I spoke with two executives at the College Republicans on the record about this story. Charlie Smith, the National Chair, and Ethan Eilon, the Executive Director, both say the photo is legitimate and that it came from Ashley Todd, the victim in this case. The attack began at 8:50 pm ET and Ashley called the police at 9:30 PM ET. Initially, she was robbed, ran away after the robbery, and the robber followed her to her car. At that point, he became enraged at the bumper sticker and began beating her and scratched the ‘B’ into her face. Ashley went to the hospital early this morning after initially refusing medical attention last night, and had an MRI and/or a CAT scan. Doctors believe her cheek will heal fully.

Eilon spoke with her personally today about the incident and confirmed the above with me. He first met Ashley in June, when she came to DC for training with the College Republicans. She works for them as a contract employee. She does not work for the McCain campaign. Both Eilon and Smith expressed revulsion over an attack on a young woman just getting involved in politics, but they consider this the act of a lone lunatic.

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So what you're saying is that it's cool to just throw something on the wall and see what sticks?

How did you extrapolate that from what I said? What I'm saying is that you guys have VERY selective outrage and critical thinking. I'm giving you an example where those of you so proud of your ability to sniff out a hoax in this sittuation, continue to beleive and spread hoaxes like the "kill him" comments.

Good, this was sniffed as a hoax as it should be. Now, lets see some of the same critical thinking when it comes to claims against McCain.

This is the perfect exmaple:

This person is hearing what they want and ignoring the fact there was an investigation that found absolutely nothing to back it up. As is most of the people in this forum, since it still doesn't have a hoax tag.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am sure Karl Rove is scrambling to get her number and offer her a job as we speak.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Are you talking about Sarah Palin or this girl? Since those points fit for all of them. And the Kill Him is as clear as a bell. Unless you have cotton in your ears or some, political reason, not to hear it.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by GamerGal]

link   
www.newser.com...

Too bad this story is unequivocally untrue and reeks of racism. Shame on conservative pundits for validating this woman's insanity. As if the GOP could look anymore racist and shambolic than they have this election cycle...

link   
I don't get it. Obama starts with an "O" not a "B". ???

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh...I do get it...lol. I have to go and change that "M" into a "J". Poor fella.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm giving you an example where those of you so proud of your ability to sniff out a hoax in this sittuation, continue to beleive and spread hoaxes like the "kill him" comments.

Marcus, listen carefully.
Someone yelled "Kill Him" at a McCain Rally (Video already provided)
Later that week, it was reported that someone at a Palin rally also yelled "Kill Him"
THAT'S the one that hasn't been corroborated.
The first one did happen.

You're too hung up on people not thinking critically based on their political beliefs. Give it a freaking break. I can find you dozens of posts where people (including me) defended "the other guy" because they were thinking critically.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The point is, the woman should be charged and have the book thrown at her, ...

absolutely. And she needs a mental health check up.
She maimed herself over a politician.
Prosecute and get her brain checked.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Now you're just making stuff up. You have ZERO proof that such a comment was ever made. Its the same rally! You are just hearing what you want to hear. Its like people who see faces on mars.

Keep it up though, because you are demonstrating my point beautifully.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Marcus, I believe BH posted a link to the video earlier. The real question though is what this has to do with the topic of this thread. We have enough deflection on this board as it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Are you talking about Sarah Palin or this girl? Since those points fit for all of them. And the Kill Him is as clear as a bell. Unless you have cotton in your ears or some, political reason, not to hear it.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by GamerGal]

We must not be talking about the same video. On this video at 13 seconds, there is a man who makes a hateful comment. People think he's saying "kill him" but he isn't.

At first I didn't know what he was saying. The first word sounded like Kill, but it could have been other words. So I turned the volume up and filtered it a bit and realized that he wasn't saying "kill him", what the man is saying is even worse. After McCain says "Who is the real Barack Obama?" the crowd yells and the man yells "Kill that f**kin ..." and then is abruptly cut off.

The Palin video where someone supposedly yells "kill him" isn't clear, however.

I want to be fair about this, but I also want the Obama supporters to realize that McCain doesn't support what this hateful guy in the crowd yelled. And neither do the majority of most of us Republicans, just like we don't support what this woman did by making a false police report, carving a B into her face and coming up with a story blaming an Obama supporter. It sucks that this woman is a proven member of the Republican party. If the Republican party can revoke her affiliation, I hope they will, though I'm not sure that can be done.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The woman must be one of Obama's minions throwing herself onto the fire to further advance the cause. All political bickering aside, I won't sleep at night until I found out how she got the black eye. How have so many theories running through my mind right now and every one of them has some degree of humor in it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join