It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporter attacks and carves "B" in Mccain supporter's face. (Udate - She Lied)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ADMIN NOTE: The story below has been disproven. The woman who made the claim has since admitted to carving the B herself. When this thread was started, the woman had not yet admitted to lying.
Link to the admission of lying:
kdka.com...

Obama supporter attacks and carves "B" in Mccain supporter's face.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - added update to thread title.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yet another attack on a McCain supporter by an Obama supporter that gets ignored by the media. Notice how the media uses some shouting from unknown people to prove McCain is a hate monger, but completely ignore it every time one of Obama's people gets violent.

Maybe this one will get some attention, but I'm not holding my breathe.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What makes you think the attacker was an Obama Supporter? There was nothing about him being an Obama supporter in the article.

And aren't you supposed to use the exact title of the article as your title?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What makes you think the attacker was an Obama Supporter?

There was nothing about him being an Obama supporter in the article.

From the OP:

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Saw a McCain sticker, kicked, beat and carved a B on her face. Hmmmmmm....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He could have been a Bob Barr supporter.

And it doesn't say how she knew it was the McCain sticker that pushed him over the edge. Maybe he hated her car.

She refused medical treatment... Sounds like a politically motivated thing to me.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The article mentions he became upset when he saw the McCain bumper sticker but I dont know how they know this unless he shouted something or identified it some way. Even them it could be that he was an Obama supporter or a supporter of anyone other than McCain or hates white people or old people or men or just hates stickers.

I wonder if this will get pushed down to BTS like the first thread on the story did.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Curious.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Is anyone else worried about what might happen if Obama is not elected? I really do fear violence and riots might occur if he loses. I overheard a group of Obama supportes talking at my work and it concerns me. They seem to think there is no way Obama could lose unless it it rigged. They say there will be hell to pay if the republicans steal this election from Obama. They look at McCain supporters with disgust and hatred. The polls show that the race is getting closer and it is not going to be an Obama blowout. I am making preparations to protect my family on election night just in case.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Nobody outside of the reporter who reported it heard anyone say "kill him", yet its STILL being paraded about as fact in every major MSM outlet. Now you guys want to split hairs when it comes to a carved B in a woman's face? This is what happens when the media convinces everyone who doesn't support Obama is a racist!

The woman certainly saw him look at the bumper sticker before her beating. I don't see how the detail would have made it in otherwise.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
OP, what exactly is your point?

Are you somehow implying that "yet another Obama supporter" is somehow indicative of Sen. Obama and his supporters? Do you have any evidence that this sort of criminal activity is happening between other supporters of the candidates?

I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't be nearly as upset if it were some hateful McCain supporter attacking an Obama supporter. Would you?

Seems to me [and other, no doubt] that you're just trying to do some grand old political baiting here.

The story is unfortunate. This is the world that we live in. And, like it or not, we Americans are ALL responsible for all of this mess we're in.

Spreading divisiveness and thinly-veiled and mis-guided hate is NO solution to our problems. Can you agree with this?

Good luck with whatever exactly you're trying to accomplish.

I hope they catch and can the punk.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
With however people may view this story, you can bet there will be some type of retaliation of sorts. I do think this story is a little bit forced. I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I wouldnt say this attack was related to him somehow, unless the attacker straight up comes out and admits it. Either way, some white extremist will come along and do this sort of thing to a black woman now. Is this the preliminary as to what is about to come? Race war? This country has gotten ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here.

Hypocrisy test follows:

Before this thread is closed, I have to ask whether the people so desperately defending Obama would be willing to accept their very own arguments if the situation was reversed?

[edit on 10/23/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That is the second attack on a female McCain supporter by a male supporter of Obama. Obama should release more than just a statement wishing the injured woman a 'speedy' recovery, he should release a statement calling off his goons from physically and mostly verbally attacking women in general. Of course he won't do that; it's part of his strategy and has been this whole election cycle.

I hope they catch that guy and the police carve a 'c' on his forehead -- for criminal!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
The woman certainly saw him look at the bumper sticker before her beating. I don't see how the detail would have made it in otherwise.

Well, you go ahead and report on ATS News that this was an Obama Supporter, even though you have NO WAY of knowing that. All you know is a black man attacked a woman and YOU ASSUMED he's an Obama supporter. That's not NEWS, that's speculation and fabrication.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What goes through someone's mind for them to think this is acceptable or the right thing to do? I know worse things happen all the time all over the world, but if this story is true, and someone wanted to scratch an initial on a woman's face to make a political point, then that's messed-up on every level I can imagine.

Even Zorro, who liked to slash a 'Z' on people, did it to the actual 'baddies' themselves. This woman wasn't McCain himself, just some woman getting cash out of an ATM.

I think one of the things that perpetuates this mentality is having what amounts to a 2 party system. Everything seems polarised and is reduced to 'us against them' type thinking.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didn't see this kind of skepticism when it came to people allegedly shouting things at McCain rallies. Its odd that both the media and ATS seemed to launch a campaign to paint McCain/Plain as some sort of hate mongering racist, inciting hatred for everyone not like them.

Now suddenly you want everyone to be skeptical. Its such a transparent example of hypocrisy in the media and on these forums. I'm starting to wonder if ATS is working with MSNBC is some way.

reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Spreading divisiveness and thinly-veiled and mis-guided hate is NO solution to our problems. Can you agree with this?

The media attacks anyone who disagree with Obama as racist on a daily basis and claims anyone who doesn't vote for him is racist. That is spreading divisiveness and hate. You're attacking me for bringing you the news of the ramifications of our media's propaganda.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This is already being discussed here.

Hypocrisy test follows:

Before this thread is closed, I have to ask whether the people so desperately defending Obama would be willing to accept their very own arguments if the situation was reversed?

[edit on 10/23/2008 by centurion1211]

Defending Obama how, exactly?

What does Barack Obama have to do with this crime?

I'm not seeing much connection here. Apparently, some of you seem to feel that this criminal has something to do with the senator's campaign.

Would I be "willing to accept their very own arguments if the situation was reversed?" Yes, I would still call the man a punk and a criminal, and hope that he's apprehended, tried and convicted.

Some of you are getting really petty these days. My condolences...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

So you are actually claiming that the senator has something to do with this?

Pathetic.

I'm not even a "supporter" of either candidate. Rather, I support intelligence, critical thinking, and denying those whose blind prejudices [against who or whatever] fail them time and again.

This pettiness, unfortunately, is so typical in our society these days.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ugghh,

I have a feeling the ATS logo will be flying upside down again very soon. I can't wait till this election is over. I have a hounding feeling that whoever wins it is going to get nasty.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

You really don't have to explain to me how the media is controlled by corporations, whose only motive is PROFIT, at the expense of any and everything. Nor, if you could, would you be responsible for elucidating how each of these two candidates, senators that they are, are bought and paid-for by corporations, which are beholden to the international banking elite, who RUN/OWN THE WORLD.

And stirring up this kind of nonsense only consolidates their power over billions of people. Good work. TPTB love people like you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join