It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporter attacked and B carved in face [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Bro, the first time I left TN and went to Chicago to visit my Mom I saw a guy getting mugged by a grocery store nobody helped I went inside and told them "Oh Well". Brother if I did not know better you could convince me with your point of view. But plenty of time in NY, Chicago and 20+ years in the navy around the world I've seen to much disregard for human life, sadly

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
damn, that sucks for her big time, but the story just sounds like trash. i dont know where any of you on this forum are from, but that sounds so highly unlikely, that this dude robbed her, and before running away as quick as possible, as to not get caught, he took the time to inquire into a car parked within his view, ask if it was hers, and then take the time to carve a b onto her cheek to prove a political point that he probably doesnt even stand for.

did he say, hey, this is for obama? no, is it implied because she has a mccain sticker that that is why he did it? why? who knows. for all we know, he did it because of unknown reasons, or that her story is a lie to stir up hatred within the stupid, and get them to swing votes because obama supporters are violent, because this happens everyday.

i read the first page of this thread, and it was filled with so much stupid, i vomited on myself. point blank, this lady was a victim of robbery and assault. they should not have even run this in the paper. its tasteless. what the flying FU$% IS OBAMA SUPPOSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS. is he suppose to come out himself and give her a million dollars, and search for the assailant himself?

how did the guy get away? did he just run? did he drive? where is all of that extra info? or did she just not get all that info because she was to stunned by being attacked?

without more detail to the story, face value, ITS GARBAGE, AND JUST BEING USED TO RALLY PEOPLE AGAINST THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN. if that was not your first thought, after, damn, thats atrocious that that happened to her, then you are in la la land, and sometimes im glad democracy is just an illusion, for if we had to depend on the very large amount of stupid americans to vote, we would all be even more screwed.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was really expecting someone to say

FAKE........... CGI.

If it is true
This is disgusting.

If it was a set up
This is disgusting

The election
This is disgusting

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'd answer that but it would sound Racist. Look at the story and the discription. Did Obama not tell his Followers to get in there face. Well this guy to it a little to literally!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Yeah, your are right there, our nation is been robbed blind right now by our for the people elected politicians and we are just here bickering about a bogus sounding report of a women that reported to be attacked and scratched with what seems to be a b for Obama by a crazy Obama follower because she is a McCain supporter.

Have to give it to people in this boards we really know how to prioritize the nations problems.

Now wonder our own for the people government is getting away with all the crap they are shoving up our butts lately.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Maybe this has been said already. I did not, gasp, read all the responses. I do have limited time. But I saw the photo of the lady and it seems in the photograph I saw, the letter B was backwards. Ah, a dyslectic criminal maybe? Maybe the woman looked in the mirror and carved the B herself? It all reminds me of the guy in the 1980's, a talk show host who had a meltdown and carved a swastika on his forhead and claimed some neo-nazi's attacked him in an airport restroom. Oh, yeah. I remember his name now. It was Morton Downey. Anyway he carved the symbol on his forehead while he looked in a mirror and so on his face it was reversed. He eventually confessed he did it himself.
Hey, maybe the woman is a Democrat operative. I always question everyone, including Mom when she tells me she loves me.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by amaxa
The lady did this to herself, using a mirror. The B is backwards.

Just curious on this - do you think she gave herself the black eye too?

Edit - took out BH's quote. Didn't intend to grab it.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Frogs]

To me, the black eye looks fake. The problem is it's *black*. It looks like she rubbed charcoal underneath her eyes, like make-up.

Have you ever seen a real "black" eye? They're red and blue and swelled and bruised and ugly. Not black at all. This is a make-up con job.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by amaxa]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
[edit on 23-10-2008 by amaxa]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Xodiac
wow to some of the posts.

Yes.

Especially the ones that claim in a desperate attempt to defend their candidate and/or his supporters that this woman did this to herself.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was fabricated. After living in the area she is from(B/CS) for 17 years, I know for a fact that some of the people here are a little too fanatical about the Republican party. This is not to say that she isn't telling the truth either. Since, we really don't know.

The big question is whether or not the picture of her is flipped. If it isn't flipped, that would possible indicate that she used a mirror to make the B. Unfortunately, the article doesn't appear to indicate which cheek the B was scraped on. If its flipped, then her story is likely true.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why would a mugger give a hoot about a bumper sticker he noticed on a car AFTER he just robbed a person and most likely just has one thing on his mind, getting the hell out of there?

The whole account seems forced to a certain degree, what with the Obama supporting mugger and the description of a large black man and all.

Does anybody think critically anymore????

Peace

I at first had my doubts about the account of this incident as well. However, when I finally viewed this woman's injuries, it became quite apparent that these are not self-inflicted or self-sustained wounds. She has two black-eyes along with the scratched in "B" on her face. Not to mention that I have never known a woman, aside from a truly delusional one, who would intentionally carve up their own face.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Xodiac
wow to some of the posts.

Yes.

Especially the ones that claim in a desperate attempt to defend their candidate and/or his supporters that this woman did this to herself.

AGAIN, what does this have to do with the candidates?

Even G.O.P. blowhard Michille Malkin wonders about the validity of the victim's entire story.

Refused medical treatment? Huh?

It would be funny if she etched the "B" on herself. In the mirror. Which'd be why it's backwards. But I digress. This is a serious topic, after all.

And then, the most important point of this entire post is in asking any of you again,
what does this have to do with the candidates?

Is Barack Obama putting hits out on College Republicans? No. It's "above his pay grade."

And as for Obama supporters...like McCain supporters, and others, they're generally decent, honest, law-abiding citizens who still believe in an America better than what we find ourselves with today. And since our Constitution [May it live forever!--Hear, hear!] guarantees our inherent human entitlements based fundamentally on our equal birth and specifically on our personal capability, we are all responsible to one degree or another for the state of our Union.

ATS being what it is, I encourage each and every one of you to continue to hammer out your own, individual ethos. Deny Ignorance, or don't. It's your choice. And your world. That's why we're here, wherever we are. Go for it.

But do recognize, unequivocally, that the divisive language, that propensity to pick fights, these robberies and disfigurements and political snippings and snipings are just choices which appear motivated by those who buy into the LIE.

The world lies to you every day. Or maybe it's the Devil. I don't know. But I do know that something's telling Americans that we're better off dead. Figuratively speaking, of course. I hate hate just as much as the next guy, but at what point do we stop buying into it, as a society?

I guess when they have to stop selling it.

The point is that the fear-mongering [because that's what this entire thread is really all about, isn't it?] serves no beneficial purpose, except maybe for certain types of individuals to get the opportunity to progress in their quest to deny ignorance.

Others would wildly guess as to the motives [!] of another human being [!!!] based on some stuff they read, on a web page, their own pre-conditions bubbling like a mad science stew. And revel, somehow, in the fact that such latently blatant hostility is contagious.

There's a better way, and it has some thing to do with the original post. You can whine and cry about how completely FOULED up our world has become. Believe me, sometimes that's the best way there is for you to vent what you think you must. You can even attempt to spread more discord by linking the abominable behavior of other Americans to a guy running and gunning to be the next Commander-in-Chief.

You could even be right.

Who knows? A few people, at least, none of whom appear to be posting here. So all WE can do is speculate. Which is fun. Or is it?...

[NEWS] Black people and White people still don't truly get along.

Who do you like to blame? And, at the end of the day, what is that doing for you?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well I believe that she claims what is considered a Fanatic of obama as her attacker, but people needs to remember that is also such a thing as a fanatic that will do anything for their idol or like in this case their adored political party favored.

Yeah, the world is full of fanatics, border line fundamentals, criminals and terrorist specially in election week.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by Marid Audran

I wouldn't be surprised if this is McCain's doing and this is just counter publicity. I mean you'd think the guy would have to try anything and I mean anything to become president check off wild act #1.

See, that's what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface
Propaganda spread by McCain To Lure voters to vote for himself.

it dos'nt need to be spread by mccain, i doubt very much mccain posted it here or came up with the story.

the fact is this incident is neither obama's fault nor mccains. it is the people who use it to make their voting choice better than theirs. its kinda of like the my daddy is bigger than your daddy type mentality.

in my opinion, the B on her face dos'nt event look as if it was carved. i see no broken skin nor blood. it looks like lipstick, or a burn mark, maybe a bruise(like holding the letter B hard against your face for a long time).

it reeks of hoax, a political tool to swing voters and try and give obama a bad name. but i don't think mccain or obama are to blame.

its his followers hoaxing it if it is a hoax. even if it was how it was told, the man was criminal wether he did it because she supported obama or not.

i don't see other obama or mccain supporters attacking each other pyshically.

most of the fear about retaliation, if hyped by people, and they are the ones causing any tension. its seems to me that someone is trying to provoke trouble, and that in my opinion is the basis of how this story came about.

in the real world everybody would condem the man who did the crime, then get on with voting. but thats not what we are seeing. people are stirring it up and blaiming obama and all other obama supporters.

thats what is causing the tension. not what the man did or why he did it. but people over reacting to it.

i don't get why people are fighting over candidates that at the end of the day will change nothing and bring more of the same old. i cannot count the amount of times people have voted for change and it never happened. or it did for a brief period but then a 'suprise' event changes it back again, and then people go back on the same cycle of wanting change at the next election and try to discredit eachothers candidate because they think theirs is better.

if anyone is to blame for the attack it is the man who committed the act, nobody else.

edit to add(to be clear): im not suggesting the attack was a hoax, just the letter B on her face, it just dos'nt fit with carving.

www.truecrimereport.com...

skin carving, warning some may find this graffic, its an example of carved skin artwork(like tattoos, ouch), during and the end result. (maybe mods should review the link to see if its suitable for posting)

blog.garryhuang.com...

its the only example i can currently find to compare with.
[edit on 23-10-2008 by lifeform]

[edit on 23-10-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
First of all no one refuses medical attention after having a dirty knife scratch your face. No way.

Second who holds still long enough for some nut to carve a letter in your face, you flinch pull back and make violent moves to get this knife away from your eyes and you face. It really looks like someone who is used to cutting themselves and did this then made up the story.

Why would you go to a friends house after this and then go back to the ATM to dial 911. You dont you get in your car and dial 911, not wait until you get your friend and then go back to the scene.

All done off camera...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm calling fake on this one, it doesn't make much sense. I think this women just wants to incite the racist McCain/Palin supporters. The B is reversed, it is obvious she did it herself while looking in a mirror, which would also explain why it is on her right cheek. If it was done by some person who was trying to send a message why so gentle? The B is very faint indicating it was delicately scratched.

If this guy was enraged the B will be deeper and it would look like a normal B instead of a reversed one. Judging by the ridiculous responses from the usual republican trolls on this forum I would say the hoax has worked. The racist idiots will do anything to try and incite rage, hate is all republicans feel and express. It's really sad.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by DraconianKing]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The first thing I will say is, if this is true, it is despicable. Anyone who would do this is definitely not a true Obama supporter and should face hate crime prosecution if caught. However, I don't know what is more despicable, the act that way perpetrated, or the fact that some will use this to tarnish the Obama campaign.

The second thing I will say is this all seems quite fishy. First, it was caught by no video cameras. That sounds quite odd given that every ATM I have ever seen has a built in camera. Second, the victim refused medical treatment. Were this me, I would have welcomed medical treatment. The last thing I would want is a big scar on my face and medical treatment might help to prevent this. If however, the mark on my face was fake, I would certainly not want it examined by a doctor. Third, I find it quite odd that the McCain campaign has yet to comment. This leads me to believe that they are planning to use this girl in an upcoming rally or something. Also, I find it odd that both candidates have "personally" met with the girl. They were able to do this in less than a day??? All of these things are quite odd to say the least.

Lastly, you know what the worst thing is, it's the fact that the state of politics in this country has sunk so low that I am even questioning whether or not this is a real crime. The fact that I am even considering the possibility that this could be a hoax says a lot about my opinion of politics in America. Not to mention my opinion of the Republican party and its supporters.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

What am I supposed to be seeing in this photo I'm not?
I don't see a *B* - I see a mark that looks like a number 3 and a lot of mascara smudge.
Don't get me wrong, I feel for this chickie, but maybe not for the reasons she's reporting.

By the by, when did black men mugging white women stop to check out their cars? (Or white men mugging black women for that matter)...

What a bunch of hooey.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread so I'm just gonna ask anyway..

What exactly does the letter B carved on this woman's face stand for ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ap.google.com...

The robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and used the knife to carve a "B" on the right side of her face, the woman told police.

It was unclear what the "B" was meant to symbolize, Richard said.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join