It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporter attacked and B carved in face [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Like I and any one who isn't voting for McCain said, it's BS. And now she admits it. It was pretty obvious with the backwards B. Maybe someone should have told her things are reverse in a mirror.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Thanks so much for that update!!!

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

So people she admitted to making this story up!!! What a wicked little..
This should be a testament for all those who felt sorry for this woman.
I hope she rotts in jail!!!

And I hope this will open more eyes.. As soon as I saw this story I knew it was bunk.. But I just kept silent until further details came out.
Well its out, and she is a bold face liar!

May she be charged! And may she sit in jail for many years!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
edit: dupe

[edit on 24-10-2008 by danx]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform
reply to post by lee anoma

thanks for providing the link, so it seems the hoax scenerio is looking the most likely at this point then.

This switftboat has already sailed. This was bogus from jumpstreet.

This whole story had the hallmarks of a desperate and disillusioned youth trying to get a few points for the politician she believes in. It was so over-the-top I'm surprised most didn't even have the sense to see it right off for what it was. Come on ATS'ers where is that critical debunking analysis that tears apart the ignorance we disdain?

Anyone who lives or has lived in a major city and who knows about muggings would understand that the first thing a mugger would do after achieving their selfish objective, which is getting your money...and especially stolen out in the open...would "am-scray".

They don't stick around to make political statements and considering that most muggers have prior criminal records...they wouldn't even be allowed to vote in some states!

Now consider this, if she doesn't remember the "B" being carved into her face then the scenario she laid out where the mugger saw the bumper-sticker and went into an anti-McCain tirade is also false. I just think the whole thing is a lie in general though since she wasn't even AT the ATM at all, but I suppose I will just sit and continue to watch as this crude house of cards tumbles to the ground.

On the brighter side though this poor girl may not have realized the seriousness of falsifying an attack and the trouble she would place her self in when the authorities cracked this shamefully transparent ruse...but based on the extreme manipulative lengths she went to in order to besmirch the rival of her candidate and insure his victory...she may have a future in politics yet!!

P.S. Mark my words, her story has not finished "changing". There are a few more transformations to go before she is a weeping mess apologizing on camera for her own stupidity.

Conclusion:

- Lee

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

This is a hoax.

The pic is ridiculous. Totally Faked.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Wow sooner than I imagined.
Thanks guys for the update.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Actually wait for the Republicans to turn this around. "She was desperate to stop this evil Muslim black liberal from getting in to office! And since the majority of America is obviously Anti American to vote for Obama she had to try this." Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

My perspective is our world needs a helping heap of empathy and understanding. If the story is a hoax she needs serious help and I hope she finds it. The law will see to any applicable punishments (I hope).

/e bow

Our world needs "empathy and understanding" because it's a mess. It's a mess in the first place because of stories like these.

Reading the woman's twitter page, she's no idiot. She seems to think she's a pretty smart lady. She's obviously not as smart as she thinks she is but she's no idiot. I can't muster any sympathy for the woman.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
HOAX!!!

Report: Todd confesses to making up ATM attack

Pittsburgh's KDKA is now reporting that Ashley Todd has confessed to making up her story. Todd, a McCain campaign volunteer, had initially claimed that she was mugged at a local ATM, and that the assailant became angry when he saw the McCain-Palin bumper sticker on her car and said he'd teach her a lesson for supporting McCain, then beat her and carved the letter "B" into her cheek.

"Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story," the station's Web site reports. "The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be."
www.salon.com...

She made it all up! Disgusting! And it IS hate crime. She blamed it on Black people. And the cops obviously were searching for a Black male who would fit her description. She does NOT get my sympathy. And I am glad that I held off on commenting on this SAD story earlier.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
to all those people out there "outraged"...

kdka.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Take into consideration that Campaign Ashley Todd Admits Making Up Story!!!
So thats it then.. Atleast this came out very quickly.. But lets be honest. This story was really hard to swallow at first. To many questions, and to many holes.. What a nutcase!

[edit on 24-10-2008 by zysin5]

link   
So I am assuming the McCain apologists at the beginning of this sorry thread are going to apologize for being twats now? No? Didn't think so.

link   
So I am assuming the McCain apologists at the beginning of this sorry thread are going to apologize for being twats now? No? Didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Quoting her myspace, "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her cloths off, but its better if you do.".

I wonder how much "fun" she thinks it is now?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is sad when there are so many real crimes the police have to deal with, she takes up their valuable time and wastes taxpayers money on a hoax. They should charge her for the full expense of the investigation.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So once again, another fictitious totally made up bogus story by a GOP campaign worker, and ran by Fox news and Hanity. Surprise surprise!

These are the people who are trying to tell us we should be concerned about Obama's judgment? What judgment goes into running with a bogus story that they didn't even bother to cross check and validate. Talk about bad judgment! It isn’t the first time either. Oh and then all the right winger supporters here on this thread who whent bananas with this lost in histeria and high on mania. Unbelievable!

Fox News = non reputable sources over and over again and GOP propaganda channel.

www.huffingtonpost.com... Source is on Huffington, but originates from the Associated Press.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Some perspective would be nice

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/08/28/BAJO12KNGU.DTL&tsp=1

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What a mess our country is in. The world an ourselves know no illusions about the good old USA this year.

What an awful mess.

I think it's good that our faults are being exposed. I just wonder what other malignancies will be revealed over the coming days, weeks, and years.

In sickness and heath. Til death do us part.

That's our story.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
So once again, another fictitious totally made up bogus story by a GOP campaign worker, and ran by Fox news and Hanity.

They should have asked ATS members about it. Many of us had it figured out last night!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
She made it up, Just in, here's the link,

kdka.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join