It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not talk to the police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interesting video I found covering the fifth amendment... Explains why you should never make a statement to the police, why you should never say a word to them because it can only be used against you, not for you... Watch the video if you want the low down, it's good to know... The guy talks fast so you will need to pay attention or you can rewind.. =)

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes, I agree that if you are picked up for an "alleged" crime, it is better if you kept your mouth shut. You should only say that you understand your rights when Mirandized, that you do NOT wish to wave these rights and that you want an Attorney present during questioning. BY law, the police are then supposed to stop questioning you. Even if they don't, still say nothing and don't get frustrated with them under any circumstances and then yell at or say anything to them because that will be used against you in a court of law, too. Always remain calm, cool, and collected when dealing with the police or other types of law enforcement personnel. This all gives you a better shot when you have your "day in court."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The running joke in our house is that you don't call 911 unless there is a dead body in the middle of the living room floor. If you can get away with hiding the body, don't call 911.

I watch the show 48 Hours from time to time and hear the police tell suspects, we want to help you, you will feel better once you get this out. I think to myself "You aren't there to help them, you want to lock them up"

The most powerful 4 words you will ever utter in these circumstances? I WANT A LAWYER. Do not ever give up the rights our forefathers fought and died for us to have.

One other side note. If the police need to ask your permission to search your car or home, they have no cause and can't legally do it without your permission or a warrant. They will get a warrant if they really want to look, but once again, make them get the warrant.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is your right to "have an Attorney present during questioning" can be claimed before or after you experience: suffocation with plastic bag, diving in bucket of water, playing with electricity or friendly "non gay" balls twistin.
Your "Rights" are just lie on paper because they will do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

That video should be shown in schools .

In the country i live in there is a a section of policy makers who would love to remove our right to remain silent , and that not answering questions should be viewed as non compliance with the police ............
under the assumption that ... "if you`ve nothing to hide .. bla bla bla"

I think this short video compliments your google vid.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
One other side note. If the police need to ask your permission to search your car or home, they have no cause and can't legally do it without your permission or a warrant. They will get a warrant if they really want to look, but once again, make them get the warrant.

I got stopped by the Arkansas highway patrol one time. He asked to search the car. I said no. He called a K9 unit out. the dog sniffed and didn't give him anything so he tapped the car's trunk and the dog obeyed the comand and pawed the car. The officer then informed me he had the right to search the vehicle. I informed him it was an illegal search, but what can you do in the middle of nowhere.
They tore my car apart and wanted me to put it back together. As scared as I was I started writing down badge numbers on my arm. At that point he cussed and put my car back together.
Legality has nothing to do with it anymore. The police will do what they want. We as American's live with the illusion of freedom lost long ago. Look at the TV coverage of anyone accused of a crime now. the media paints you the way they want long before the trial so the jury pool is tainted. Many Americans believe everything the media tells them now too so that doesn't help.
Just keep your heads low and your powder dry for one day you will need both!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yeah, can't refute much that was said.
Do not antagonize the police, you will have to fight them in court and you are already at a disadvantage, don't give them anything to use against you. Be polite.
Don't preach your rights to them....that will piss them off. Just know your rights and keep your mouth shut.
A cop that is satisfied you didn't do anything is looking for a way to end the encounter without looking like an arse. If you try to take the upper hand then you backed them into a corner that will complicate your life because you couldn't shut up.
If you have a chip on your shoulder, you lose.
....if you lawyer up, you are guilty in their eyes. Once again....don't act like you know more than they do...you are just pissing off a guy that will get satisfaction out of showing how wrong you are. A good cop doesn't need to be told anything and you will be on your way if you are decent.
Don't put stupid bumper stickers on your car either or have fun paying for your first amendment freedom.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Umm.. here's the other half as promised ...

so you can hear BOTH sides of the story, even though you may be surprised.

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTravers

In Romania before 1989 we had a dictatorship, and police could stop you on the road whenever they wanted to. Now it is illegal for them to stop any vehicle unless they observe something about it. Maybe a missing light or breaking traffic laws or something like that. Don't know about the search thing, never experienced it

[edit on 24-10-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What extremely informative videos. Although I've done some dodgy things in the past I'm thankful I never had a run in with the police, because at those times I never would have been able to keep my trap shut. I already feel like I'm incriminating myself to some degree by saying that

Thanks for the videos. Stared and flagged.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

very true my friend.. I learned this at a young age unfortunately... theres actually many different traps cops have. The infamouse polygraph test for instance, where they can just use it against you.

having said this, not all police officers are assholes. like everything else its the small percentage that screws it for the rest

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dont EVER fall for the line help us out and we will be easy on you .

A juvenile relative of mine did some stupid things with a few friends Got caught , when they were interrogated help us out with solving this we know you were involved in the break in . Well the relative did and helped them out with the investigation and had only played a minor part .

Relative drove a few friends to a mutual friends house one while sitting and talking 2 friends said they were going to go get some cash from old man x . those 2 broke in next door and came back and said lets go and relative took them home got stopped on the way . And arrested for the break in . Relative didnt know what had really happened till they got pulled over never went in didnt know any thing happened . Even the people who relative was talking to didnt know the other 2 did a break in while they were talking . Relative cooperated and got charged with the break in and with driving a getaway car and ended up with 6 months more than the ones who did the break in . Thats the thanks relative got for helping out the police .

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I feel bad for the US people. I actually TRUST our police in canada, or at least the town I live in. They are on our side here it feels like to me, whenever i have needed them. Also, it being such a small town, we kinda watch out for each other I guess. Even the other guys like the by-law officers are great. As long as they don't get complaints, they won't complain either etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Forest Rangers are to be considered as Police Officers. They are armed and have powers of arrest. Don't talk to them either.
This is what they look like:

[edit on 24-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I would not be posting here if i had not used my miranda rights 15 years ago.

They had me with over 150 pounds of explosives in my car.

They only recognized about 10 pounds as explosives and over looked the rest.
(yes cops are stupid)

Through my lawyer i baffled them with bulls**t and a state explosives permit i had. and only got convicted of a minor charge of transporting explosives with out placards on my car.

They missed the homemade explosives and some other non explosive firearms items I had stored in my tool box that would have had me still in prison.

The funny part is that 5 years later i got a federal explosives permit and a permit for the other firearms items without any problems.

I have been caught riding a unlicensed ATV by the BLM rangers in the calif desert a few times and just showed them my mining claim papers and claimed the i did not need a green sticker because i was using the ATV as a piece of mining equipment. and they could talk to my lawyer if they had any questions about it.
for some reason cops do not like to talk to lawyers.

for many years i keep my truck registered in a company name just so if the found something illegal i could claim it must have been left by a employees that was using the truck.
I would likely have still been arrested but would have had a better chance of beating it in front of a jury.

Another thing about using a company name on the registration is that cops are less likely to pull you over just to see what they can find.
I have been pulled over many times because the cop claimed i was weaving.
this is the oldest cop trick as a excuse to pull you over.

If this is the case and you are white and the cop wants to search you car tell then NO that you are not going to "help there department get off the hook for racial profiling"
This is such a odd answer the it may surprise the cop and he may let you go if the department has been charged with racial profiling.
It also looks not like you are hiding something but they are.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
anybody know of any similar video's or links for english police...?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Thank you! I was looking for that and couldn't find it... Watching now!

I watched the video and this guy has some serious superiority issues... He thinks everyone is stupid and thinks he is cunning to the point where he can trick anyone... What gets me is his gloating, but he is right... People do want to talk, do want to admit their innocence... Maybe better admitting it to God than to the police in this case... However, I could beat this guy... But then again I know a lot of his tactics now too, which helps...

Cool, both vid's good information, even though I don't like the cop guy in the second video... And what was that he mentioned about interrogation? It being a Nazi word? What does that mean?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is another cop secret. When you get pulled over and are given a ticket or warning then they will ask to search your car. Say this..... Am I free to leave officer. If he says anything but yes, anything you have in the car will get tossed in court. At that point you are free to leave. Look it up if you think I am wrong

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by clock1
Is your right to "have an Attorney present during questioning" can be claimed before or after you experience: suffocation with plastic bag, diving in bucket of water, playing with electricity or friendly "non gay" balls twistin.
Your "Rights" are just lie on paper because they will do whatever they want.

Unfortunately true.

Many years ago, the FBI found that one man was tortured to death in a New Orleans precinct house. In Chicago several decades ago, numerous people had claimed to be victims of torture. Here's a small update:

www.chicagotribune.com...

The story above soft-pedals the torture used. Victims recount electric shocks to genetalia, burning via steam heaters and of course, suffication via typewriter covers.

Interesting that this former Chicago cop did a tour in Vietnam. We now know that 20,000+ Vietnamese were "pumped and dumped". That's the euphanism for torturing until death, then dumping the body.

Moving to the present, the ACLU has US-government-generated autopsies showing torture for a number of Iraqi "detainees":

action.aclu.org...

Many of our vets will come back to the US and join our police departments. What kind of horror will our militarized police be involved in tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse in iraq was done by military reserves and there civilian jobs before they were called up were cops and prison guards.

That makes you wonder what they had been doing to people at there regular jobs in the US.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join