It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with a DVD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have a DVd that I would like to bring a portion over to ats, can you guys tell me how in a step by step? I am running windows with vista. I could not figure out how to save it or bring it over.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Can anyone help? I know it is easy, I just cant do it. Please?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is awful with a forum of computer experts, 2 days I have wating with no response, I wish we could still see the views, I find it hard to believe not one person has even looked at my request...:w:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ok I see, Well its probably best I dont share something with the forum at this time.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, this part of ATS is not the most active, I have only seen your thread now.

First of all, I would like to remember that if it's copyrighted material you should not do it unless you had permission from the copyright holder.

*snip*

Mod Edit: to remove links and information about defeating commercial DVD copyright protection.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thankyou for replying, yes it is my dvd, I am just so computerdumb. I put the dvd in and it comes up in windows, and then there is noway to copy, and noway to bring it to this forum.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Thankyou for replying, yes it is my dvd, I am just so computerdumb. I put the dvd in and it comes up in windows, and then there is noway to copy, and noway to bring it to this forum.

Do to copyright laws it's not a good idea to "rip" the DVD you own and post it.
although it happens a lot and the video segments often end up on you tube and such places.
Being as such, if you do a search at Google video or you tube you may find it there already. Saving your self of having to doing it yourself.

and im sure if you type in google how do you rip a segment of a dvd you will get a bucket load of info how to do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
*Reopening*

After being assured the DVD content is not commercial or copy protected I am reopening this thread.

Please any further comments here should NOT include information or links to sites which contain direction for defeating commercial DVD copyright protection.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thank You K.L.

I assure you it is not copy write infringement. It is a personal DVD, and I want to bring a portion of it over at some point, just have no idea how to even get it over to for instance my photobucket account.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, and urge anyone that may have given tips on how to bypass infringement laws to edit your posts.

I am certain I will not be the last person to ask this question. For many of you it is a piece of cake for me and others like myself, a challenge of discovery everytime I turn on this computer.

:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thankyou armap, I should have come to you before starting this thread, but like I said, I will not be the last person to ask the question. And you are so busy, I did not think to ask you.

You u2ued me to make sure what I was doing was not infringement before you told me how to copy, and I assure you it is a private dvd, homemade.

Just clarification.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There are tons of DVD to mpeg or avi converter programs out there.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Can you speak lamos terms?
really, what do I do though? I really need a step by step here.

I just figured out that on my photobucket account, it has a section for video, I may try to go through that and take it from there. If I can get it to photobucket I guess I can do anything!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I understand

I googled "freeware dvd to mpeg avi converter" and got many programs. I dont know which one is the best. SUPER program seems to be good.

www.erightsoft.com...

Maybe this is better? lol
www.freesoft411.com...

DVD movies are stored in VOB files. The programs will convert those files to mpeg or avi or any other file formats.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Once you convert those files to mpeg, avi, or wmv, then it's easy to upload them to photobucket or youtube.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thankyou I will try one of the links and see if I can get it done.

new topics

top topics

join