It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppycide in Oklahoma (Warning: This video contains violence against an animal)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Link

Warning: This video contains violence against an animal and may not be appropriate for all viewers

What is wrong with this man. What could drive someone to be like this?

I just don't know anymore. I know there are good cops out there, there just has to be.

I have never been arrested in my life, and yet I am extremely nervous around the police. I shouldn't be afraid of those assigned to protect me.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks to me like the cop was just protecting himself from the dog who was in full attack mode.

Sorry...she is gonna lose in court in Oklahoma.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He wanted to pull a trigger more than his door handle.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Being cornered by a dog and then bitten would not only endanger the Deputy it would endanger the ride along and the citizen.

This is the type of situation in which a "really good call" is the door handle but the "acceptable call" is the gun.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Pepper mace works fine. I had to mace a Doberman at a full charge towards me. Stopped him right in his tracks and no one was hurt.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
These peace officers are trained to pull their firearm and not the mace, or taser or baton that's standard issue?

I guess he doesn't own a dog. There was no hesitation. By the way, I think it's pretty foolish to claim the dog was in 'full attack mode' since his trajectory was 'around the intruder' not at him. Also, if an intruder approaches their home, what should the dog be expected to do?

This is not a question of the officer's safety. Let's see how the court handles this case..., whether or not the court feels the policeman was about to be attacked, and how lethal force against the property of the home-owner was warranted. I bet you they settle.

Perhaps he should have stayed in his car and honked. Or is that rocket science?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
cool this in bts.

Anyway, the best choice by far would have been not to shoot and to chose the door handle but when looking at the video from a Jury point of view, having spent a lot of time in OKlahoma this may be a eye raiser.

I think the Deputy would get of, barely and this would spell the end of his career in Oklahoma.

Police police their own, bikers police their own, kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

"Labradoodle" in attack mode?

Questions she might bring up in court:

1. Why did the Sheriffs' dept. change their story after it became clear she had the incident on video?

2. Why was "hush" money offered and the implication that she needed to keep this incident quiet?

3. Why was a cop asking for directions? Law enforcement has some very extensive resources in that area without going door to door. Has anyone here EVER seen a "lost cop"?

More on this story here:
www.reason.com...

Check out this dog. Poor thing only weighs in about 25 pounds soppin' wet.
Can't say the same about our donut eatin' friend there.....

top topics

join