It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuning in to Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Because "alien contact" begins as more of a private and "inner" experience conducted with various individuals on earth.

This is, imo, due to a non-interference-treaty universally agreed upon in these parts of the galaxy.

Non-interference (which some species sometimes may attempt to break) has the purpose of avoiding psycho-shock to a primitive population (and by galactic standards earth is not yet up to speed with contact).

The level of consciousness on earth would hardly be able to perceive ETs if they were right in front of them. Hence all the programming and brainwashing through science-fiction - in the hopes of getting minds up to speed.

In my opinion this long sought "disclosure" will take at least another 500 years. It is also my conclusion that evidence will remain scarce for a long time yet and that it is pointless to invest too much time in convincing others.

Scarce evidence does not mean no evidence however. Tiny bits and pieces are availible here and there. Remember the ATS Thread entitled "Stephensville Radar Report" (OP: spacevisitor)? Thats a good example of a small piece of evidence. Among a few hundred other small pieces.

You cannot deny that something is going on (and even if its only the social engineering of a new belief-system that includes aliens).

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I just looked at your thread calling out aliens. I dare to say that you will meet an alien before you die. Even if you dont agree...mark my words and remember them, when it happens.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'm well aware you push for the evidence factor stringently, but you said you would prefer abduction over a meditative contact, I believe, possibly because if there was some tangible evidence, such as signs of medical procedures, even if they were only evidence to you, it would be more real than some connection in meditation. Also, your psychic experiment to me, is more a skeptical look at debunking psi experience which for many, thankfully, doesn't meet the government type protocol, which is what your experiment resembles. Most people, in their psi moments, need to be connected to someone, something in a more personal way.
I know not always, but many do. This keeps them safe from government. I've read stories of government recruitment, and you can't get away. Also, they would prefer to not have an hidden civilian army of psychics out there if you don't join.

But, you really should not be asking for abduction experiences. "Great, I see, I understand, now go away and don't come back. Don't call me, I'll call you. No I really mean it, go away. What....you showed up again, and I have no choice!"

Its not something desirable, in any capacity.

Edit to add: the real downside is, you probably won't get to remember any of it, except for memory leaks.
[edit on 12-11-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 12-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is, imo, due to a non-interference-treaty universally agreed upon in these parts of the galaxy.

Non-interference (which some species sometimes may attempt to break) has the purpose of avoiding psycho-shock to a primitive population (and by galactic standards earth is not yet up to speed with contact).

I agree with Skyfloating on this, the ET’s assigned to earth watching over the planet serve a purpose in being here. Any outside group of ET’s passing by can only visit with approval, they need permission to go sight seeing on earth from those watching over the planet. There is a non-interference law that applies with that ticket. Earth has an Off Limits sign on it for the most part.

In my opinion this long sought "disclosure" will take at least another 500 years. It is also my conclusion that evidence will remain scarce for a long time yet and that it is pointless to invest too much time in convincing others.

There are a lot of over anxious people out there hoping a mass disclosure will take place but they are mistaken. Disclosure is not coming anytime soon and may never come in the way people think. Contact has always been made on an individual basis. The ET’s have always been around from the beginning of creation, why would anyone expect things to suddenly change.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I see you have decided to go the route of the 'long-bet'.

Disclosure will happen in 500 years. Far too long for any of us to witness.
Hank will meet an alien before he dies. Again, (thinking optimistically) that could be 60 years!

Why not today?

Why not me?

Why is the Ghost Hunter more likely to see a ghost?
Why is the Christian more likely to see Jesus?
Why is the Alienist more likely to see a Gray?

Is it because they have brainwashed themselves to decode the unknown in a way that pleases their beliefs?

If the Aliens are breaking intergalactic laws, why wouldn't they pass on information in some usable form? Why the insistence on Esoteric Theology? Why hasn't somone been able to establish a foolproof method for contacting that everyone can do with no regard to beliefs?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Is that what it says in your book, Colleen?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I havent read all the lengthy 20 pages to this thread, so if this question has already been asked, excuse me....

But how do you know that it`s the ETs contacting you and not other entities? Souls that have passed on, angels for example, etc.....?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Because people see what they want to see.

Let's assume for a moment that they ARE seeing something, their brains are going to rationalize it into a form that they can understand. Since they are LOOKING for Aliens, their brains are going to take the information and put it through an Alien Shaped filter, coloring the entire thing with that hue.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what about animals then....who seem at times to be able to sense certain `presences`, or who seem to feel earthquakes/storms before actually occuring....they dont consciously tune into wanting to see anything in particular....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Give it up Hank, you’re a never ending hound.
I notice you love disrupting threads and going after the OP's.
Is that one of the reasons why you’re here on ATS, it really seems to be from reading most of your negative posts. It’s kind of sad in my opinion. Whatever boosts your ego, hey if it makes you feel special keep at it.

I should have you on permanent ignore from now on, it's pointless in discussing with you.
(It’s a never ending cat and mouse chase.)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

There isn't anything supernatural about animals having better senses than humans do. Although it is urban legend that animals seem to be able to feel earthquakes before they happen (No evidence supports this claim [unless I am severely behind in my own knowledge], and if it did, wouldn't animals be used to predict earthquakes and help save countless lives and property?), they CAN feel significant changes in weather, and act appropriately. You can also do this as a human, though most of us are not as in tune with our sense as more aboriginal peoples are.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Give what up? I am asking you a serious question and you get all defensive on me! Talk about hitting a nerve..

And please PLEASE point out where I attacked the OP in this thread.. it really would be pretty STUPID of me considering the OP is a moderator.

And, I do not care about being hated.. I don't have a product to sell.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think your questions are valid and your brand of skepticism is open-minded toward the possibility of ET-Contact without falling for the "Galactic Federation of Light" type of trash. So, contrary to some others here you are not a pseudoskeptic.

You are quite correct in demanding something tangible, touchable, real. . It is this demand that will ultimately generate worldwide contact.

Until then examine the UFO-photos that have been verified as non-hoax (there was no CGI in 1930), examine the witness accounts by people in respectable positions (air force, government, science), examine small indicators such as the CIAs keen interest in and study of UFOs (see "The Haines Report), note the 5000+ books written on the subject, note the similarity of abduction accounts across the globe, take note of people like me who claim that one personally can make real contact (most often though on a semi-physical realm)...and then say with a straight face:

"There´s no evidence. None of this means anything".

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hi all,
I just though I'd express some discontent for the so called"alien medium's" I mean enough is enough already I'm not saying that this is an absolute impossible subject but all who have claimed "physic contact" with et's have never provided even the smallest bit of proof to substantiate their claims.I am not badmouthing these people, but am instead suggesting that far better ways to contribute to this already complex and daunting subject do in fact exist. I give even the most comical hoax videos and pictures more credit then someone claiming to have mental dialog with being(s) billions of miles away.If anybody has some shred of evidence as to the credibility of any claims of this sort I would be happy to listen.I would rather spend time watching a short and blurry cell phone segment of hardly recognizable shapes and lights then to read another "warning" to the human race.I will again say that I do not completely deny that this is possible I just think that the margin of error is great.Anyone can say that they have had contact(weather visual or mental) but only those who provide consistent convincible proof are ever taken seriously.Pilot's police officers, air traffic controller’s ex astronauts testimonies cannot be as easy to rule out in my opinion as the "extraordinary" information that being's of other worlds or dimensions chose to give these people of questionable credibility the task of delivering to the human race.Do they really believe they are doing good or are they simply toying with an already convoluted subject? I don't pretend to know and by no means consider myself an expert but how does one take this seriously? (OCT 14th) (Alabama) come on enough is enough already.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Further Methods for Contacting ETs, as collected by ATS-members:

Contact Manual

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ok, ive been wondering how to do this...Ive actually tried lately, but end up sleeping =/ so im gonna print this all up and get some alone time and try it. i will let you know what happens...thanks for the post, great stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

...If the Aliens are breaking intergalactic laws, why wouldn't they pass on information in some usable form? Why the insistence on Esoteric Theology? Why hasn't somone been able to establish a foolproof method for contacting that everyone can do with no regard to beliefs?

Its not probable that they have broken intergalactic law, since their presence gradrupled since the 40s, though there is long term evidence for major involvement throughout history.

Its more than likely our leaders finally did that!

And now they have the legal ability to deal with us.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Its true what they say, "Practice, Practice, Practice". Ever since i first started doing this method i been having weird dreams and seeing things as i open my eyes from sleep. Had one dream, or at least thought it was a dream, where i was on this planet and there were many types of people there. Plants looked weird. Some familiar but many weird looking. I would recognize people somehow that i never met before. As if my brain were telling me that i know this person. As i was here, i had this feeling of trust and love. Woke up with the same feeling too. Could of been a dream or could of been real.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Tuning in. Yes, that's exactly what it's about.

It isn't about seeking contact. It's just a matter of tuning in to what's already here and available to us.

I tend to think that if you're meant to have an encounter, you will. I don't think it's something you can necessarily "will" to happen. Although, remaining open to it definitely helps (it has in my case).

Angels, demons, tricksters, dimensional entitites and 3D aliens. Well, you'll have to figure it all out for yourself. Quite possibly many of the same beings have gone by different names throughout the millenia. One culture's "demon" may simply be another culture's "grey".

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I have a friend that just told me that she has an extraterrestrial visitor once and a while in her bedroom, when she is alone. He start to paralize her, and she offer resitence, trying not to sleep, and then she is able to see him.
This is happening for almost for 3 years, and sometimes is everyweek or other week.
But this time another different one appeared did the same with her.
In both encounters she was able to see them and touch, in the fight not to get sleep.
She is a very ecuanimen and serious person, and never in all this years she was able to tell me this, untill now.
Both extraterrestrials are short.
The only thing that might be related, is that she was in a vacation trip, when one of the persons taking her a picture, told her that was a little 4 years old holding her leg...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join