It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuning in to Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

absolutely ZeroGhost

...and, you stand and watch with another person you trust, something bigger than a couple aircraft carriers moving at 500 feet off the desert floor only a few thousand yards in front of you against a 5000ft mountain traveling at 5-10 miles an hour, in perfect twilight conditions, throwing out sparks to get your attention then drifting for over 20 minuets until it is lost in the haze. While you and your partner are afraid to move like two small rabbits caught in the open, shaking like a leaf, You tend to start to believe....

ditto that - except for - wasn't the desert for me

empirically determined at that point - if only for my self

makes not one bit of difference past that moment if the entire planet gathers round to point fingers, laugh and ridicule me without mercy

too late - laugh all you want

I saw what I saw

so, how stupid would I have to be exactly to not wonder what the hell is going on - and listen attentively to anyone and everyone's opinion on the subject?

people believe in aliens, believe they've seen them - contacted them - been contacted by them?

OK - I'm listening

you think it's our own military? Still listening

Until I know for certain what I saw - I'll listen to anything - absolutely

and I'm open to all possibilities - even communication - because - if it wasn't ours - then there's someone not human in that thing to communicate with

never ceases to amaze me the amount of anger people have at unproven claims when they can't prove them to the contrary

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I agree with Skyfloating. All great posts and very confirming and heartening to sense such awareness around us. We are not alone here either.

So many issues and subjects come up in this topic. It is truly a fulcrum of thought.

After all my exploration, experiences and study I came to the clear conclusion it was all about our individual advancement in understanding, awareness and conservation of our personal power. Discovery of our roles, how to learn faster then we die and how giving to others is the true stabilizing and growth economy.

The Toltec spiritual warrior character Don Juan Matus from Castaneda's books had the character I found most compelling for my own style and instrumentation. He told Carlos one time he was going to say the most profound thing that could be said in this word, and said that he (Carlos) would not understand it. (I can only paraphrase from memory).

Don Juan stood up and pointed into the distance. "Infinity is there.", he said. Then pointed in the opposite direction. "Infinity is there." and still other directions he pointed up and down repeating "Infinity is there."

There is no end to anything. Infinite variation in worlds and in experiences. Saying that anything is impossible or not true is simply assuming you would have infinite awareness when we do not. I don't think that statement can really be made in what we naively call normal states of consciousness. But I do know from experience when you become aware of the true nature of being, if only for one bright moment, you see anything is possible and all you can do, really, is stand amazed at the beauty of the diversity of matter, energy and consciousness as it manifests.

The alien issue is a linchpin for realizing we need advance our individual and our global awareness. We are finding out that we are not the only kids on the block and that our egos have expanded well beyond our practical management of reality. We don't even know how to stop fighting and cannot even seem to balance our planetary checkbook yet!

It's growing up time for us all. No free rides.

One of my favorite quotes was from the book Illusions, by Richard Bach. The fictional messianic figure in the book, referred to as "the reluctant messiah" who writes this down in his notebook;

"Here is a test, to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive it isn't."

So, back to the mission for me. Thanks all for the great thoughts. Made my day.

ZG

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
When you are educated in the sciences, astronomy, spaceflight, theoretical physics, religion, metaphysics, world religions, psychology, cognition and reality. society and culture... ...throwing out sparks to get your attention then drifting for over 20 minuets until it is lost in the haze. While you and your partner are afraid to move like two small rabbits caught in the open, shaking like a leaf, You tend to start to believe.

Right. I've seen things too. Like I said, just because you don't know what it was doesn't mean it's E.T.

So please state the following: It is my opinion that this craft is E.T. because in my head I want it to be really bad. I have no evidence or proof whatsoever, but I just want it to be. Because ZeroGhost, that's the blunt truth about what you're saying.

Once you have cause to believe, you look at such subjects more seriously, and when reading accounts and others experiences, you can more directly understand the reactions and conclusions. You can also tell better when someone is pulling your leg too, but I've been fooled like anyone.

I never have cause to believe, I only have cause to know. Beliefs are quite silly, that is... once you grow up and realize they are.

Yes, I always understand the reactions and conclusions to these situations, and it's always the same types of people. People that are ignorant of the sciences and of logic, people that are caught up in a cultural "in theme" that has evolved into a system of belief, just like some forms of religion.

Personal accounts from regular people can be the best information. There is not so much over-intellectualized ornamentation that you loose a clear mental-emotional picture. Of course an experiencer being educated and articulate can enhance the quality of understanding through precise description.

Sure, still, no where is there evidence of an Extra-terrestrial presence. Just unidentified craft, to your naked eye.

I have lots of missing time, odd occurrences, injuries after bad dreams, blood on the pillow and such.

It's called a bloody nose. I get them at night sometimes, too. Do you know why this happens? You seem to be so knowledgeable about the field you mention, but a bloody pillow is a reason you use for some supernatural event? God help us... how about you research why your nose was bleeding first and understand your nasal system before you start jumping on the supernatural and extra-terrestrial bandwagon. Odd occurrences are usually just things you can't explain or haven't experienced before. Nothing out of the ordinary, we all have them. No one's experienced everything.

My wife of 27 years is better at burying the memories, but has no doubts of our experiences. It took 14 years before we started reconstructing and talking about that one event. We have had many others since. Including what was likely a night visitor in the bedroom.

Sounds to me like two adults with the imagination of children run by their paralyzed fears. Next time just get up and turn the light on if you're awake, or leave a camera on if it happened while you were sleeping, but since your memory is bad, as you had mentioned, and you ave episodes of lost time I'm starting to wonder how I can take anything that you're telling me at face value.

Our experiences are highlighted by very extreme ironic circumstances. The kind you would say, "Right, that really happened? But we know it did, and I could really care less for any external opinions in the face of reality I experienced. I don't care to prove anything. I'll tell you honestly what I know. I seem to know more than I can account for however. Maybe not.

You can not know more than you can account for.

I really find it special to read others accounts. I believe these people are generous for trusting us enough to share their experiences. There is information not just in what they say happened to them and their families, but also HOW they say it. This is pure data to me. Qualitative science.

Science isn't about believing someone because they present opinions draped in roses and bumble bees. That's not qualitative science, it's qualitative opinion, and it appeals to you.

Seeing is believing. Otherwise my imagination would have been guilty for such belief. I was done looking for proof a long time ago. I am exploring the details now. The nature of it. The science. Everything else wastes valuable time. Life is short, and death stalks us all.

I don't doubt that you saw something, I've seen UFO's, however... the imagination comes into play when you begin labeling them E.T. experiences.

I think you are stuck and need a hug or something.
Weird stuff happens, and you will get the memo eventually. Hope to talk with you then.

You know, just because you continue to attempt and paint me as angry doesn't make it so, just as you didn't know whether there were E.T. involved with any of the events that you just described. So please, if you could stop that now it would be appreciated. It's not nice to start smear campaigns, I now see other users also using your "angry" line against me. Let's not do politics and stick to the science.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

you're just making all of this up in your head because of a psychological disorder, mostly split personality and schizophrenia."

Those are some very serious allegations toward me. Ive seen you make such allegations toward other ATS-members as well.

So, as I understand it, believing in our inherent ability to have extraterrestrial contact indicates schizophrenia?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not at all. It is the way in which such claims are represented.

I can copy and post a definition of these disorders if you'd like along with some of your claims and then explain why. I'm not just going to make empty assertions as insults. I'll back it up with evidence and information.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.
Of course, David Icke has been talking about this for a long time.
If everything we see in the universe is only 1%, 4 % is estimated to be there, imagine the endless possibilities, not only of ETs and EDs contacts, but the things that we can achieve if only our DNA worked 100%.

Can we awaken our own DNA? I believe, after reading and watching the movie "what the bleep do we know?", that yes in fact we can do just that. If we can create and break habits by literally creating neuron-nets (excuse the spelling) in our brain, by thinking it and visualizing it consciously, we can tune to other frequency, and experience endless contacts/worlds/dimensions.....

It is just hard to do that when we are being entrapped in this frequency through technology and everything that that embraces. Of course, I am one of those that believe that we don't have to give up technology to spiritually move up; I believe that we just have to KNOW and BELIEVE!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
or what? what happens exactly?

If it doesn't work for all of us then what happens is we know that it's not true. It's not like anyone's going to be punished, jailed or ridiculed, although I think we all know that many people enjoy humiliating others after the fact, but in some instances they may very well deserve after all the damage that they do.

he's suggesting a form of meditation that he believes provides a means of contact with life forms that are different from ourselves - albeit, lifeforms that science has yet to prove exist

For some reason the new theme around today's love and light circle is that humming with your legs crossed gets you everything that you want. This couldn't be more untrue.

you think Skyfloating might actually make people go crazy?

Yes, and the member evidently needs a bit of learning to do his or herself. Sometimes, before you think and speak, you need to stop and reconsider.

because - you have actual knowledge of ETs? Because you can prove no one else does?

No, sir. None of us do and that's the only knowledge that I have about E.T.'s.

That they could possibly exist because from a rational, logical, scientific and reasonable paradigm it is amiable to discerningly entertain the notion that we orbit a star on a planet in a galaxy consisting of billions of stars and planets. So the question is always, "if life is here, then why not elsewhere?" But the answer is not, "I saw something flying and I don't know what it was, so it was E.T", or "when I meditate I can use my imagination to visualize what I think E.T.'s would look like because I've seen artists renderings of them in cartoons or in movies, but never a real one, and so it must be them."

why the anger?

Like I said: I'm not angry. Let's stick to the science, proof and logic and leave the politics out of this. I want to make intellectual progress with us, not get into an emotional fight about semantics and accusations.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Thats OK, I accept your assessment of me being clinically insane.

UFO-Believers being branded insane has been a common thing throughout history.

Our denial of it and insistence that our experiences are real will only serve to re-confirm your stance that we´re deluded.

I wish you all the best in your mission to protect the populace from these types of extremely dangerous Meditation.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic and ATS members are NOT the topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

Not at all. It is the way in which such claims are represented.

I can copy and post a definition of these disorders if you'd like along with some of your claims and then explain why. I'm not just going to make empty assertions as insults. I'll back it up with evidence and information.

Another example how the put you in a box and control your life through fear.
They teach you in school that anything that is different is bad and you have to get rid of it. So, let's drug you down because the voices that you are hearing are not real.

I gave this example before; 5 people in a room and 4 are schizophrenics and can see the same things but the one sane person can't, who is the schizophrenic there?
I was a counselor for 4 years in a institution that deal with people suffering from mental illness, and on the endless training about this topic we had many discussion about how real is what a schizophrenic experience.

After all, why would the brain triggers chemicals to cause it to act in such of way, making you hear voices, see things that are not there if the brain didn't believe it was real? why would we dream and have nightmares (and people have died from in dreams) if the brain didn't believe it was real? You don't see a car flying or working under water unless it was built to do so!!

Our masters keep creating words to keep us enslaved and you are either a devoted slave or bald master!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Playing Our Parts

I'd think people like you and ZeroGhost would have learned from all the failed prophets before you, but I suppose the both of you will just become another lesson for the rest of us, and an eventual talking and laughing piece. Hey, we all play our parts.

Please read the following:

No more scoffing and ridicule...

UFO Forum READ BEFORE Posting

Civility and Decorum are Required

Skepticism is, as always, welcome on ATS. Snide personal attacks, amateur psychoanalysis and other forms of trolling are not. Nor is it yours to decide who should post or what they should post in these forums.

Please refrain from further inappropriate commentary and stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Thanks for the response...

1-Indeed, the nature of reality is so complex that it would be not a 1000 pages, but probably millions to get into it.

The DVD analogy applies, making two caveats:

-There are infinite number of DVDs per segment of reality. Unimaginable.
-Paste and cut can be done at certain levels for learning purposes.

There are so many leeways, infinite manifestations and forms of consciousness, that it is utterly impossible to define in words.
Too complicated for me to get into here, but will give it a try in some other format.

A method as presented by Sky can allow us to begin prancing around the neighborhood, if you may, and this is already a good and significant step in the right direction.

2-Because there is literally an infinity of levels and directions at which we can direct our thoughts and communications, is that I insist: yes absolutely use Sky's method and any other to get in touch with inner environments and realities, but do so approaching it as you would any serious and significant endeavor.

Be informed, read, study. When in doubt ask.

Ask you well put, we are continuously being guided, directed, supported and comforted along our lives in this earth, and that is the case for EVERYBODY, whether you agree, believe, accept, deny, refuse or reject any such fact.

How guidance leads us to fulfill our "mission", from the humblest life to the most elevated one, is another subject completely, that CAN be furthered, again with study and the will to seek and find.

This is why the little conflict and innuendos coming from LastOut are thoroughly understandable, and for the time being, the only proof that can be given of completely SUBJECTIVE phenomena such as this, is to try it for yourself and see what you DON'T find.

The fact that UFO's do NOT exist, is STILL A BELIEF, because although it is impossible to prove a negative, there is no proof so far that the numerous amounts of experiences, as well as the information, consequences and changes that are brought about on the people involved, HAVE NOT YET BEEN ALL EXPLAINED by "classical" western medicine or methods of investigation.

This is why there is continuous and tireless work being done both by many, as well as in our "interior" environments, so that the number, depth, and significance of these experiences begin to sway Humanity's mental environment in the right direction.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A friendly reminder:

This thread is about a METHOD OF COMMUNICATION, defined in a specific light, which ONCE PRACTICED can lead you to your own personal conclusions.

If AFTER having tried it it does not suit you, move on. Nothing holding you back.

Again, saying something is or isn't so is just BELIEF or THEORY until proved, and until YOU prove to me that this doesn't work, you are falling on the very trap you think you are tending.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey! Welcome back, but Woh! You wake up swinging!

So let me get you right. If someone experiences the miraculous, aliens, angels, ghosts, honest politicians, you say that without empirical proof, documents (that can be faked), physical evidence that if we have no record of such materials in our periodic tables or known materials it cannot be proven, or that even pilots, generals, doctors, scholars, priests and our most brilliant populations, they are mistaken, have mistakenly misidentified an alien standing in front of them. Photographs, film, video that are clear and corroborated by multiple people on site, physical evidence after a sighting by police and government, astronauts on mission, FOIA documents clearly stating observations, effects, radar and more and more, it's all that is called into question?

Have you actually done investigation and read the documents, listened to accounts by astronomers, physicist, senators, your parents?

I've been studying for 40 years and now formally researching and investigating. I know people with twice my experience and ability have signed off on the reality something is happening and it is real. Some of our top scientists even!

I see no "proof" you have sufficient material, study and knowledge to so easily discount anyone. Not even any evidence of education. You need credibility as well as we then.

I can tell by your arguments you have not really studied this with any detail. You use the same general quotes, do not ask questions befitting a true investigative effort and simply attack those whom you know can offer no proof here other than the heart felt and seriously honest accounts and feelings. Even I could be a better debunker than you, and I am.

As a Mufon field investigator I actually ask questions without leading or using common easy quotes, like "prove it". I ask for details, recording what is said, how it's said and then take it back, model the event and look for missing parts I can then re access the witness for clarifications. I add that to the data. Then, and only then can I make an official report that a classification is then determined by a set of protocols and very thought out and scientific determinants. I do have my comments and feelings in the report, but science begs some objectivity.

I've found misidentifications. I've also found likely real experiences. But I cannot in any good conscience come off so cynical on a thread when all we have is each others writing and low resolution video and photos at our disposal.

So, how do you justify your conclusions. You must have a Theorem or scientific method or basis beyond a simple demand for truth that any two bit armchair debunker can squeal.

Can you at least tell me what books on the subject you have read, or what government project you are working with actively trying to defuse public forum and discussion to hold back the truth as long as possible that our government military is dumb as a bag of rotting cow brains?

I also know how agencies spoil the soup by faking a photo in a flap to throw all other evidence into doubt. It is easy to do this, and it has worked. You drink the koolaid and feel empowered enough from the rhetoric to come onto a thread with educated people who have studied and actually experienced these things for more years than you have actually likely been alive. You do have testicles.

We discuss these things here. Not prove or disprove. ATS uses the tag line "Deny Ignorance" as a pitch for the advertising, it's not a strict directive. No one will shut ATS down if proven a bit light on the ignorance. This is not formal study. You are not a knight of the order of truth by virtue of being here and having an opinion.

All you have done is turn a discussion into a court, presided by your not very thought out position. Study the case, then comment. But ignore such intelligence and people will find the ignore (ance) button and you will have to go elsewhere.

Hey, your probably a nice guy, but you are dead wrong. Not in what you are arguing, but in your approach and method. I enjoy good criticism, but you got none of that I can find.

ZG

[edit on 10/25/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

...It's not like anyone's going to be punished, jailed or ridiculed, although I think we all know that many people enjoy humiliating others after the fact...

agreed - we all do know that

...but in some instances they may very well deserve after all the damage that they do.

so, you're really about justice

and your evidence of this damage? since you're so keen on evidence - before you hurl insults and make wild accusations - some evidence - please

not just your opinion - some actual evidence

...I want to make intellectual progress with us, not get into an emotional fight about semantics and accusations.

too late for that now - your entire "argument" has been nothing but emotional, accusatory - and insulting.

I actually think you owe some people in this forum an apology

and - while you're at it - people who weren't even here to read any of this

prove any of your claims with fact - and then we can have a reasonable, rational discussion.

you can't bully your way into accuracy - or truth.

this subject may not be scientific (although - that could also be argued) - but it is, indeed, about UFOs and Aliens - so - it's in the right forum

science itself does not suffer from a lack of imagination or the ability to extrapolate

that's all that's happening here

while it's true that many of us are not scientists - we do have the ability to think

perhaps not up to your high standards - alas

and we don't need to be saved from ourselves - but thanks anyway

if you want to you use science to explain why Skyfloating's ideas aren't valid - then do so - let us know when you start

that at least would belong here

you mention that you've seen a UFO yourself - may I ask - what do you think it was?

not what you know for sure it's not - because - that would just be crazy

but, what do you think it was?

I'd really like to know

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Please Forgive The Unpleasant Digression

The question of personal commentary has been moved to discussion via U2U, which permits us to return to the original topic of this thread:

Tuning in to Extraterrestrial Contact

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
edit: The other thread has been closed, so if this is also seen as inappropriate, my apologies. I'm not endorsing the methods or even some of the interpretations, merely the overall effort.

Another thread was started regarding Dr. John C. Lilly, whose work in interspecies communication could be of interest to those reading this thread. I found this quote from his homepage relevant to the topic.

These experiences illustrate the thesis that one can protect one's self by maintaining one's ignorance by belittling disturbing experiences? Or one can newly recapture sensitivity and be openminded (even painfully so) and discover new facts. Discovery, in my experience, requires disillusionment first, as well as later. One must be shaken in one's basic beliefs before the discovery can penetrate one's mind sufficiently above threshold to be detected A certain willingness to face censure, to be a maverick? To question one's beliefs, to revise them, is obviously necessary. But what is not obvious is how to prepare one's own mind to receive the transmissions from the far side of the protective transparent wall separating each of us from the dark gulf of the unknown Maybe we must realize that we are still babies in the universe taking steps never before taken.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join