It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Running Extortion Racket: Natural Supplement Companies Threatened with Arrest if They Don't Pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

NaturalNews has learned the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is running a criminal extortion racket designed to drain cash from health supplement companies and shift it into the pockets of top FDA contractors. This organized crime operation has been running for years, and it has operated with impunity because each company targeted by the scam feels isolated and alone, unable to face the astronomical legal bills of going to court and battling the FDA. So one by one, they agree to "settle" with the FDA for crimes they never committed. Part of the settlement, of course, involves the payment of FDA employees or contractors who pocket the money extorted from health companies.

It's gotten to the point where I can't even really care anymore. There's just so much crap going on I really have gotten frustrated to the point of giving up. This crap is just insane.

When will it ever stop? How will it ever stop? What do we need to do?

So many things wrong with this story, on so many levels, I don't know where to begin. I'll just put it up and let you guys have at it, I'm pretty much speechless at this point.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ah, yeah. Yet another reason for me to try to boycott all things American.

Two lines.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
wow Looney, it doesn't surprise me, but we all know there isn't much money for the government if we can provide our own natural resources and have our own "healthcare". I know that the blue and purple fruits and vegetables are supposed to have great benefits for cancer victims and prevention. I buy a lot of them just because. It's good to see you posting again.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And to think... this is the same governent place that is telling us what is good and what isnt...
shame on them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Hey Seagrass -

I hope you are buying organic as the amount of nutrition available in the traditional food supply has been shown to be up to 40% less than its counterpart. LINK

The whole applecart is about to be taken over by the Pharmaceutical industry if the Codex Alimentarius is fully implemented next year. Here is a thread someone did on ATS that brought it to my awareness it has some great links that discuss the topic at hand, control of the nutritional supplement by bis Pharma etc. Codex thread

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Organic is a fancy word for natural. I don't buy "organic". I don't even know what people who say they grow it "organic" are doing. I don't trust that marketing either. I want my food to come out of good ground dirt, and on untreated trees. I just do the best I can for now. I would love to grow my own so I know what is going on it and where it grows from. I have plans for that in the future, but for now, I just buy what is available in my country community. I trust our farmers more than I trust big "organic" companies. We raise "organic" beef. It's a start.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I almost posted this myself. I would love to tell you how suprised I am by this, but taken into context of how our ENTIRE gov system has been running for the past couple of decades, and with the more recent escalation of in-your-face blatant criminality, this extortion / intimidation scheme fits in PERFECTLY with everything else our two-party (which is really ONE party) crime family has been up to. More disgusting bullying and profiteering.

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
FoodNavigator.com

Here's one that goes along with this, sort of. Some bottom feeding lawyers, who knows who they are working for but that matters little for the time being, are trying to get stevia turned into a drug. I use stevia quite a bit, it's not a drug at all. It's a freaking natural sweetener and they want it outlawed. I'm sure this is more bullying so someone can make money somewhere. The article states that Coke and Pepsi are going to be using stevia based sweeteners in their drinks so I don't know who, exactly, is behind this. It just makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The war on food continues. Countries are best controlled with oil, people are best controlled with food. Anything natural and healthy that we put in our bodies is a foodstuff IMO. These want to be gods and their quest for absolute control know no end. Sadistic perverted parasites the lot of them. Boy are they going to get theirs.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Organic is a fancy word for natural. I don't buy "organic". I don't even know what people who say they grow it "organic" are doing. I don't trust that marketing either. I want my food to come out of good ground dirt, and on untreated trees. I just do the best I can for now. I would love to grow my own so I know what is going on it and where it grows from. I have plans for that in the future, but for now, I just buy what is available in my country community. I trust our farmers more than I trust big "organic" companies. We raise "organic" beef. It's a start.

Their is a big difference between something called "organic" and something called "natural.

en.wikipedia.org...
Organic foods are produced according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste, or sewage sludge, and that they were processed without ionizing radiation or food additives.[1] Livestock are reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones. In most countries, organic produce must not be genetically modified.

Organic food production is legally regulated.

Foods that are labeled "natural" are not regulated, so therefore anyone can claim that they have a "natural" product. Though the thinking goes this way "Natural foods are foods that are minimally processed. Natural foods do not include ingredients such as refined sugars, refined flours, milled grains, hydrogenated oils, sweeteners, food colors, or flavorings."

When I claim to be growing organic foods, it means that I do not use man made chemicals etc in my process. I only use organic fertilizers etc, and when I can them I do not add additives to my foods. I try to make sure the seeds I buy are not genetically altered. I have a compost bin that I use to recycle into my own garden. My foods are most likely far higher in vitamins, minerals (nutrients) than what I would buy in the store.

Just do a bit of search on the internet and you will find plenty of information that is easily understood.

Where I live I cannot be 100% organic, but I do the best I can, I figure every little bit helps my family to be healthier and stronger.

Being organic has nothing to do with "trusting your local farmer" (mostly), most organic companies are not "large conglomerates" though that is beginning to change. At least in my area, those farmers that are organic go through stringent processes to get their organic license and continue on a regular basis to keep their organic standing. They are small farmers who sell to local organic businesses and families.

new topics

top topics

join