It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson - call for civil disobedience ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No More Stolen Elections a far left wing site, claims that Jesse Jackson has called for mass protests and civil disobedience if Obama doesn’t win.

The right wing site – Council of Conservative Citizens has picked up the story HERE and is reporting that the wingnuts at democraticunderground.com are stepping in line with this. That story is here .

I am not finding any verification from any major news source or from Jackson mouthpieces that this story is true. I also can’t find anyone to deny it.

Both the far left and the far right are carrying this story.

Status - True or false? Unknown.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Guess we will just have to wait and see, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Many people are predicting riots if Obama doesn't win. I say, as long as history repeats itself and the people rioting destroy their own neighborhoods and not mine, so be it.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's not surprising, this coming from the man caught on tape saying he wanted to cut Obama's nuts off. I wouldn't put anything past Jackson.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, when we have this, in line with other reports coming in like Home Shot Up Over McCain Signs, it's kind of easy to believe.

I'm actually thinking about taking my McCain signs down and the sticker off of my car because of violence and vandalism in my own town.

Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How about some civil disobedience if either of the 2 puppets get elected.
Where the hell has the economic freedom of the people gone. Those that work are killed by taxes and bills.
Those that don't work live off of the life's blood of everyone else, "ie" the government.
We are dependent on the government either way.
We are just where they want us.
Not so far of a push to get us in line for total control.
Does anyone think that either candidate will change any of this?
They can't even tie their own shoelaces.
I feel sorry for OBAMA if he is elected.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
taking my McCain signs down and the sticker off of my car

I took the stickers off my car and we didn't put up any signs.
Even though I'm voting Constitution Party, I figured any
troublemakers would go after houses and cars that have signs
saying anything other than Obama.

Flame me if you like - but that's how I feel.

Apparently with good reason. Read the link from democratic underground.

Freak'n wingnuts.

Originally posted by reticledc

No. that's why I'm not voting for either one.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

No doubt . . .

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You got it FF.

There have been 5 homes vandalized this month in my rather small town because of McCain signs.

The other day two kids were arrested for driving around town and smashing any McCain signs they saw with baseball bats.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

How about some civil disobedience if either of the 2 puppets get elected.
Where the hell has the economic freedom of the people gone. Those that work are killed by taxes and bills.
Those that don't work live off of the life's blood of everyone else, "ie" the government.
We are dependent on the government either way.
We are just where they want us.
Not so far of a push to get us in line for total control.
They can't even tie their own shoelaces.

Well, Ron Paul decided not to run. Instead, the third party vote is being split 5 ways - 4 runners and those who will write in Ron Paul.

I think Ron Paul would have had a good chance of giving the two parties a run for their money but the man DIDN'T FREAKING RUN! And his recommendation to elect Chuck Baldwin is NOT the same as running for himself. He's done the Libertarian party the greatest disservice by opting out of the race.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You got it FF.

There have been 5 homes vandalized this month in my rather small town because of McCain signs.

The other day two kids were arrested for driving around town and smashing any McCain signs they saw with baseball bats.

Baseball bats? What are the signs shaped like mailboxes? Give me a break guys. If you take down your signs you give into your fears real or imagined. Obama signs are getting vandalized too. Then there was the bear cub dumped on a college campus with obama signs on its head.

me thinks some of you are fearmongering. I really can't believe you would take down campaign signs and remove bumperstickers from your cars out of fear. That doesn't sound like the proud Americans I know many of you GOPers to be. Maybe you are just embarrassed at the negative campaign the GOP is running?

edit: Jesse Jackson is a loose cannon and stuck in the past. He should retire before he ruins what's left of his legacy.

[edit on 10/23/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Maybe you are just embarrassed at the negative campaign the GOP is running?

Or maybe I don't want "racist" spray painted on my garage door like a guy on the other side of my town.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This type of reaction is to be expected from this lot. The type of behavior that is allegedly being called for is why we may have martial law or an increased police presence on the streets. These folks are perfectly willing to incite the same type of behavior that they fear and complain about the most. They will continue to provoke the police and any form of authority. I say give em the boot.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We need some civil disobedience, but not because of the election.

I don't know why people think Obama is going to bring instant change, that he is anything more than a talking head.

I don't know why people think McCain is going to bring instant change, that he is anything more than a talking head.

I have stated my disgust with the way these elections go, the way actual issues are never adressed and how a manufactered crisis always seems to pop up for those in power to fix, which they never do.

We need some civil disovedience so the majority of the American public can pull their heads out of their own asses, stop talking about how awesome America is and stand up against their withering constitution.

We need civil disobedience, but not for any self serving, red-herring psuedo-issue that we happily gobble down whenever they throw a scrap our way.

We need civil disobedience for so many reasons, but not because some egomaniac with a rhyme scheme thinks we do.

edit: I got a little preachy there, my bad.

[edit on 10/23/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maybe you are just embarrassed at the negative campaign the GOP is running?

Or maybe I don't want "racist" spray painted on my garage door like a guy on the other side of my town.

Wah. Report it to the police and get some paint. It's not like it was next door anyway. McCain and Palin have poked a bees nest with there rhetoric and some of the bees are angry. Sorry McCain has blown the campaign so bad. He could have given Obama a real run for his money with someone, anyone but Palin.

RE: spines above comment: Jesse's rhymes
. He came to my high school during the anti-drug campaign in the mid 80's and he was quite a good speaker but we were a captive audience and most of us joind in the "No hope with dope" chant. I am still sure that "I am sombody".

[edit on 10/23/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

While I do agree with you, Dr. Paul IMHO recognizes the fact that he may not have all the answers. In any case he is doing what he can from where he can.
I have heard that as well as supporting his party in their decision not to nominate him, he supports the system as a whole.
As long as the boundaries are maintained, a government can help it's people like it's supposed to do.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If you take down your signs you give into your fears real or imagined.

They aren't imagined. Read the democratic undergrouind link.
Read the call to 'sign the pledge' for disobedience.

me thinks some of you are fearmongering.

No. What we are doing is being careful. It's common sense.
If there is a threat then you take away the reason for people
to try to harm you, your family, and/or your property.

People are all wound up over this election.
They are threatening civil disobedience.
Common sense - don't put stickers on your car or signs in your yard.

If YOU want to put up yard signs ... go ahead.
But dont' say that i'm 'fearmongering' when in fact I'm just being careful.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If these folks want to exercise their First Amendment rights to steal, vandalize and threaten people then they should be fully aware of those folks who are perfectly willing to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No More Stolen Elections a far left wing site, claims that Jesse Jackson has called for mass protests and civil disobedience if Obama doesn’t win.

This is a LIE. The site you link to says nothing about Jesse Jackson calling for mass protests and civil disobedience. He signed the pledge. That's all.

The site calls for protests (a constitutional right, may I remind you), but not civil disobedience.

It does not mention Obama ONCE.

This nasty habit of yours of making dramatic threads and adding a few question marks to the title so you aren't held liable for the lies is really ugly.

I am not finding any verification from any major news source or from Jackson mouthpieces that this story is true.

Oh, REALLY??? What a surprise!

The only purpose of threads like this is to fuel racism.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If you take down your signs you give into your fears real or imagined.

They aren't imagined. Read the democratic undergrouind link.
Read the call to 'sign the pledge' for disobedience.

me thinks some of you are fearmongering.

No. What we are doing is being careful. It's common sense.
If there is a threat then you take away the reason for people
to try to harm you, your family, and/or your property.

People are all wound up over this election.
They are threatening civil disobedience.
Common sense - don't put stickers on your car or signs in your yard.

If YOU want to put up yard signs ... go ahead.
But dont' say that i'm 'fearmongering' when in fact I'm just being careful.

Priceless. Just puff out your chest and put an NRA sign in your yard too. I know what it's like to be on the other side of a political wave like when Reagan, Bush 41 and Gingrich and crew vilified liberals in this country. I know what it's like to drive through rural midwest America with a Planned Parent bumpersticker (girlfriend) on your car. I know what it's like to drive down south with Maine state plates. People will always give you crap. Stand up or be rolled over.

honestly I can't believe you guys are taking down your signs. Incredible.

I still feel Jesse Jackson should shut up and retire already.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Time to start arming up folks.
It's gonna be a bumpy road.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join