It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Asks for $10 More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Obama Asks for $10 More

www.poligazette.com

When Barack Obama destroyed the previously held record for funds raised in one month of campaigning in September of this year, most assumed he now would have enough money to campaign until November 4, and then possibly have millions left.

Not so, the man who raised more than any other candidate in history, also spends significantly more: he has now called on his supporters to donate $10 more per person. That would, of course, mean many more millions he can spend in key battleground states.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry, this seems really pathetic. The guy needs more money? Gee, I can't wait to see what kind of spending he does in office. If any one has an extra $10 to throw down for the campaign and they think he really needs it why don't you consider the implications here. If he can't win on what he's got then he doesn't deserve to win. I wouldn't have the nerve to ask for another dime. Political spending gone wild indeed.

www.poligazette.com

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I'm sorry, this seems really pathetic. The guy needs more money? Gee, I can't wait to see what kind of spending he does in office. If any one has an extra $10 to throw down for the campaign and they think he really needs it why don't you consider the implications here. If he can't win on what he's got then he doesn't deserve to win. I wouldn't have the nerve to ask for another dime. Political spending gone wild indeed.

www.poligazette.com

Exactly what I was thinking. Wanton spending when it ain't comin' out of your own damn pocket is a scary thing . . .

Hide your silver fillings . . . I have a feeling they'll be coming for those soon, too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I want to know why Obama supporters and the MSM aren't up in arms over this.

Obama's fundraising has gone above and beyond an acceptable amount and I think he better rethink his 'white man's greed' statement that he has in The Audacity of Hope.

Obama's supporters probably feel that they can give him every spare dime they have because, come April, he'll be 'spreading the wealth' to them.

Shameful!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's to cover his backend when the gov't tells him to give $200 million back to all those unnamed foreign (influence peddlers) people who donated.

Obama - Massive donation problems

edited to fix link

[edit on 10/23/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think it is as bad as you might think...

Would you think the same thing if McCain was ahead in the polls and asked supporters for a lil more money?

The thing you have to remember here is that he is not just campaigning for the office of president. He is trying to garner support for democratic candidates on the ballot in many states. They are trying to get a huge majority in congress this year.

Not that it shouldn't bother you that they are shooting for a fillibuster-proof majority, but that is the reason for the massive spending.

The more states he can preach his "change" message, and make the republicans all look like bush/mccain, the bigger chance the democratic candidates have...

**Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of any particular political candidate. And is meant to be fair an impartial evaluation of the current circumstances. If you disagree with my evaluation, please respond! I love debate. However if you disagree with me based on political motives, than don't bother.**

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
He has to fund the "Barry Soreto Fan Club" newsletter somehow

Still, asking for more money at this point is nothing but greedy. This guy never ceases to amaze me and not in a good way.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Actually, this has a very familiar ring to it that I'm surprised no one has brought up yet.

Sound like the bailout package? We need more money!

*sigh* Not elected yet and he's already trying to screw his own party over. Amazing, the nerve of that person.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is a pretty far cry from his promise to only run on public funds back when he was a long-shot.

I cant wait for him to buy more channels and airtime. Maybe he'll start his own network like Algore did.

It's be nice if he put this money (close to a billion now) toward his welfare schemes.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When I saw this, first I was upset. He once agreed to public financing, changed his mind, solicited donations worldwide, and now wants more money.

Then I got to thinking. I should stop delaying the inevitable and simply send him and the DNC all of my money. Not like they arent going to wind up with it sometime next Jan. anyways.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And we are gonna put him in office during the worst financial crisis in history...

Obama entered October with $133.6 million in hand

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrat Barack Obama spent $87.5 million last month and began October with nearly $134 million in the bank.

The numbers illustrate his vast financial advantage over John McCain, his Republican rival, in the final stretch of the contest. McCain ended September with $47 million in the bank.

Obama, who raised a record-shattering $150 million in September, filed his campaign finance report overnight with the Federal Election Commission. The numbers became available on the FEC Web site Tuesday morning.

source

And he wants more????

Yeah, sure dude, you can have my money when you pry it out of my cold dead hands

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Let him go back to Goldman Sachs and grovel for more

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Obama Asks for $10 More

Hmmm... Interesting. He didn't ask me for $10 in his latest email. He asked for 100. Maybe because that's what I sent last time... Whoever sent in this article is a cheapskate!

By the way, he never made a promise to run on public funds. He promised to pursue an agreement with McCain. Their lawyers met and Obama's lawyer said there was no agreement that could be reached. I'm so glad!

“If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.”
Mr. Obama had pledged to meet with Mr. McCain following the primaries to attempt to work out an agreement on financing the campaigns. That meeting never took place, aides to Mr. Obama said, because a meeting between lawyers for the two sides was not fruitful. “It became clear to me that there wasn’t any basis for future discussion,” said Robert Bauer, the general counsel for Mr. Obama’s campaign.

Source

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
And we are gonna put him in office during the worst financial crisis in history...

Obama entered October with $133.6 million in hand

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrat Barack Obama spent $87.5 million last month and began October with nearly $134 million in the bank.

The numbers illustrate his vast financial advantage over John McCain, his Republican rival, in the final stretch of the contest. McCain ended September with $47 million in the bank.

Obama, who raised a record-shattering $150 million in September, filed his campaign finance report overnight with the Federal Election Commission. The numbers became available on the FEC Web site Tuesday morning.

source

And he wants more????

Yeah, sure dude, you can have my money when you pry it out of my cold dead hands

Sad to say, I think that is part of the plan.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama Asks for $10 More

By the way, he never made a promise to run on public funds. He promised to pursue an agreement with McCain. Their lawyers met and Obama's lawyer said there was no agreement that could be reached. I'm so glad!

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

He made a pledge. And he broke it. Election watchdogs are criticizing the move.

Yesterday, government watchdog groups expressed disappointment with Obama's move. Public Citizen President Joan Claybrook called $85 million "plenty of money" and warned that private funding -- even in the mostly small sums that Obama relies on -- "comes with the expectations of special access or favors."

Sen. Russell Feingold (D-Wis.), a co-sponsor of the bill, called Obama's decision "a mistake" but added: "I look forward to working on this and a wide range of other reform issues with him when he becomes president."

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

join