It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Spider shown "eating" huge bird in web

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The amazing pictures of a giant spider eating a bird
By Richard Shears
Last updated at 3:48 PM on 23rd October 2008

Golden Orb Weaver eating a bird in a guys backyard. What in the world is going on in your backyard when a bird is eaten by a spider? Totally awesome looking spider.

ColoradoJens

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thats just sick, I would have saved the poor creature. I realize some people see it as 'nature' however I believe in miracles and for the bird it was a miracle a human saw what was happening and had the freewill and choice to save the bird. He may not have and just allowed the bird to suffer. I would hope as it is a familys back yard that they would teach empathy to their children by helping the bird. With mentality like that he could have placed the bird there just for the exposure.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm the worst arachnaphobe imaginable. I run from tiny little spiders so coming face to face with that monster would give me a heart attack.
Cue several sleepless nights wondering whether that thing is under the bed!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

They could be spider lovers too you know. There are two sides to every coin, but as you said, this is nature.

We all gotta eat.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh my holy hell!

That bird is the size of a small newborn...hide the children!

Amazing as that is, spiders creep me out and I bet that bird did not expect to be eaten by a spider when he woke up that morning.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

That bird was already dead; alive still or not.

The best thing you could have done was steal a well-earned meal from a spider.

link   

Originally posted by antar
Thats just sick, I would have saved the poor creature. I realize some people see it as 'nature' however I believe in miracles and for the bird it was a miracle a human saw what was happening and had the freewill and choice to save the bird. He may not have and just allowed the bird to suffer. I would hope as it is a familys back yard that they would teach empathy to their children by helping the bird. With mentality like that he could have placed the bird there just for the exposure.

so you would let the poor spider die of starvation? how is that any different from the bird dying?

link   
Grrreat! Thanks CJ, I WAS eating a sandwich
lol. I really hate spiders. I freeze when I see them.. Thanks for the pics!

link   
reply to post by antar

no chance, it's gotta be a miracle that the spider caught the bird, and for all we know that bird could be the hitler of the finch world.

even if not, a bird that gets stuck in a spiders web isn't exactly great for the gene pool.

link   
I dont think we should play god, it happens, every day, a thousand time in different places all around the world....This is nothing compared to what some parasites ect. do to other animals..The spider probably got there quite quickly to paralyse the bird. Now watching a Komodo Dragon eat a Deer while it is still alive that is just wrong.

DO NOT watch if u have a weak stomach or have lots of lovy-dovey feeling for animals..

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That is amazing. And no, I would never have thought of freeing the bird. And yes, I hate PETA.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick

so you would let the poor spider die of starvation? how is that any different from the bird dying?

Poor spider my *snip*! That thing would try to take you out if given the chance
Survival of the fittest in my house. Its me or the spider

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Well, then let the bird become dinner. He was obviously not the fittest.

for spider.

for bird.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

My point exactly
There are plenty more birds in this world, but there is only one KaginD, and I refuse to be taken out by a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong
Munch on spider, munch on.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

You better be careful, I bet the spiders have you marked as someone they need to take out.

We are on the...web...after all.

Haha, I make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That is truly a beast of an arachnid. I'm not scared of spiders,infact I got a little upset today cos the spider which I talk to when i go out for my smokes at work,has goned
She'd not made up a web for the last 3 days,so I hope she's just outgrown the bit under the door where she was and found a nice farm to live on. *sniff* (((spidey)))

err,anyway,did I mention that that spider is FREAKING HEWGE

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Well the next time you munch on that big nasty steak, think about the life cycle of the cow or bull you are eating. They live in harmony for the majority of their lives out in beautiful pastures and then one day hauled off to a dirty stinking rotten crap covered lot to be fed nothing green or natural, they have been taken from the their family who they were very close to and forced to fatten up for the slaughter.

It is tragic, and in the higher dimensions, it will no longer be a reality. Millions of acres of our healing forrests are being senselessly raped and destroyed to create enough land to feed the billions of cows to make some hamburgers that you cram into your mouth without even the slightest bit of consciousness. You CANNOT be conscious and eat the slaughtered.

There is a chance for a golden future, we can still rise to higher dimensions, but you will be glad to know that you can simply live and die, and continue to live in the lower astrals where you can continue to be so insensitive.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I would not get within 20 feet of that thing unless I had a loaded shotgun..!!

Besides.. why ruin what is obviously the happiest day of that spiders life.

Cool pics, thanks.. *checks clothing for spiders*

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I recently saw a frog trapped in the mouth of a black snake, I saved it, and the black snake went off to find something else to eat. It was my choice, I happened upon this scene and made the choice. I felt good about it. I love all animals as they are all my fellow earthlings, but if I see a derranged murder attacking a child, I am not going to turn my head because it is his nature and think, oh well he is deranged, not by his choice, it must be genetic or something that happened in his past. NO I am going to SAVE the child!

We all are faced with choices, we have possibly evolved a bit further, therefore we have the ability to either help other less fortunates or not, either way is a choice, I really do not judge, yet now you know how I feel about such things.

Perhaps because of how I am, it has saved my life many times in the outbacks, afterall what goes around does come around and in nature that can be a plus. I have had a Mountain lion sniff at my feet, I am still here.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh please, that has nothing to do with the spider eating the bird.

You are taking something out of the beautiful and natural cycle of life by 'saving' the bird with a 'miracle'.

How would the spider feel if some jackass came by and took away something spiders like that have been doing for millions of years?

edit: Help the less fortunate? How about that spider who's meal you are talking about stealing? Or that snake who's meal you did steal?

There is loving nature and then there is interfering because you think you have some moral obligation to do so.

You possibly ended that snakes life because you simply assumed it could just go get something else. God forbid the snake is eating part of it's diet and not some leaves.

[edit on 10/23/0808 by spines]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join