It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Protests if McCain wins? Jesse Jackson signs pledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Mass Protests if McCain wins? Jesse Jackson signs pledge

cofcc.org

Calls for “nationwide civil disobedience,” a “non-violent occupation of Washing DC,” and “mass protests” are growing like wildfire on left-wing Internet websites.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cofcc.org

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was wondering when this was going to surface. The scary thing is that people like Jackson and Sharpton seems to have some sway for a specific group of people. Civil disobedience and civil unrest...seems like the all the news about the Army being called in to patrol its own soil was for a purpose?

Here is more from a snippet related:
cofcc.org...
"We should be prepared already to immediately travel to Washington, D.C., head straight for the White House, occupy Lafayette Square Park, the Ellipse, and surrounding streets, block entrances, and shut the place down until Obama is recognized as the president elect or we are guaranteed a credible election with universal registration and hand-counted paper ballots."

cofcc.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The original website: www.nomorestolenelections.org...

Interesting. I'm torn between applaud and and an eye roll...

Even more interesting that it was signed by someone who isn't an Obama supporter.

I hope that they honestly review the election results though, no matter who wins.

If the vote ends up being rigged, I think it will be rather obvious this year. Especially since we already know what to look for in stolen elections

they've only got 20,000 people right now, most likely only half would even follow through.

Noble cause, preserving the vote and all, but it sounds more like a quiet warning to the people who rig elections. Almost saying "we know what you do, if you do it again, we'll call you out in a major public way"

we'll see

nice find!

edit: You should really strive to find the news sources on non-partisan sources though. Especially during an election time. Your news story is available on other sites...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This does not suprise me at all.Bedlam and chaos are a mainstay.The old saying"the squeaky wheel gets the grease"is true.Appeasment is the cancer that is eroding our country.Mark my words,should this civil action come to pass,the repercussions will be heard around the world.Holding the nation hostage should not and will not be tolerated.Regardless of political persuasion.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
why are you so scared of mccain rigging the election? everyone knows ( anyone who can look at the evidence ) there is more evidence linking obama to a planned rig already.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here we go....I knew it was a matter of time before scumbags like "Rev" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson piped in with their BS diatribe.

Those two should be flogged, tarred & feathered IMO...they add more fuel to the racism fire than any I have ever seen.

if Mc Crazy wins...so be it.

If Obama wins can all us whites go lock down Washington in the same manner screaming for a recount ? I think not.

personally...I think both candidates are worthless.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i've been part of small riots and let me tell you something, in other country the riots are REAL BIG and the police come full force even in lethal form. americans do not realize what they are doing. they think they can be peaceful and protest... that is NEVER how it happens , there is always some stupid idiot in the front who provokes ONE cop and then ALL the cops start fighting ALL the people. also , americans are not prepared to fight their own police force, much less the military, since we know since oct 1st the military has been patrolling possibly for this very reason. they expect non lethal weapons probably some tear gas... let me fore warn, this is the nations capital and if this happens, people will surely die. you can organize a protest, but once the protest really STARTS, it becomes UNorganized and CHAOTIC. you do NOT want to be part of this.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

[edit on 113131p://upThursday by indigothefish]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

At this point in time it does not matter who wins.

If Obama wins the extreme right is going to want to upset the applecart.

If McCain wins then the extreme Obama supporters will bring Holy Hell upon the nation.

So far as the extreme right goes they want Obama to win. (very extreme)

We are at a crossroads and I am in in countdown mode. I have seen, lived and felt the passion on both sides of the coin and it is not a pretty sight.

I pray that cooler heads will prevail as we all know that our common enemies here and abroad are waiting for this moment.

It does not take a genius to put together the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
All I can say is if they do decide to start a riot they better hope that martial law is declared,because instead of nightsticks they will be looking at the buisness end of an Army issue weapon,Martial Law shoot 1st ask questions later,could be the last time they are heard from

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

During the Vietnam war and the civil rights movement of the 60s there were thousands of non-violent protests or acts of civil disobedience. Civil disobedience means peacefully breaking laws that are unjust--for example, sitting at a segregated lunch counter until you are either served or arrested. When they were arrested the civil rights demonstrators did not resist, but went to jail peacefully. Their presence in jail touched the conscience of many Americans.

Likewise, there were few violent protests against Vietnam among the thousands that took place. There were notably the shooting of unarmed and peaceful students by the national guard at Kent State U in Ohio, and the disturbance caused by some protestors and massive police presence at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago.

The riots that took place following Martin Luther King's assasination were not civil disobedience, they were a violent uprising, born of despair. Hopefully it was learned then that violence gets only more violence.

Even if thousands go to Washington to protest the election results, I disagree with you that they will be violent. Most activists know that violence gets you nowhere--during the sixties civil rights protesters were schooled in nonviolent disobedience before they took part in demonstrations. Granted, there are some people who are extremely far out enough to try to incite a civil war--which maybe they are trying to do in their publication--but the average American is not going to follow them.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Sestias]

top topics

join