It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US missiles' hit Pakistan school

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Depends which papers you read.Some say supposed or suspected,others don't.

North Waziristan is a safe haven for the Taliban,and is the focus of attack.The village mentioned has also been attacked before.

U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Joseph Votel also said NATO forces had intentionally fired into Pakistan in one recent incident said to have resulted in the killing of civilians.

www.alertnet.org...

General Musharraf is walking a political tightrope in Pakistan. He even went as far as claiming that a Oct 2006 Air Strike probably carried out by the Americans was the work of Pakistani helicopters. Its the price he has to pay to survive. Its safer for him admit killing people he didn't kill than to admit that nuclear powered Pakistan lets US forces bomb Pakistani civilians as often as they like.

badforeignpolicy.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by andy1033
Of course it is on purpose. They would of known it was a school.

Sickos in the extreme, no wonder those people hate you guys. It has nothing to do with your freedoms, just look at what you guys do to people.

Sickos.

yea that's us...the whole U.S. is full of sicko's.....unlike your perfect country right ?? there is no way your jewel of a country would do that right ??

try blaming our "leaders" and not the whole friggin u.s. ok ? you make yourself look immature doing so.

However.....is there any intelligence in our military anymore ? who is the moron who gave that go-ahead ?? he should lose his stars and go to jail for that. I will agree on one thing.....there is no need for that near a school with todays technology......they knew a school was there.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Alpha Grey]

I am sick to death of america reaching to the world. I live in england and hate the place, as much as i hate america. hating a country is not a crime by the way.

The anglo american world has foked up the whole world, and they are still trying to keep it going, ith guess what, blowing up schools. Do not tell me about the american people, who love torture and violence, because they do what ever you say. That stuff sells in america, and the people love it.

Your government is a protjection of your concious state of your peoples. Thats a good way to put it. The only thing america exports these days, is torture and murder. If you do not think the country you live in is full of sickos, than you have your eyes closed. People just love torture and the idea of torture and murder, if you think thats sane, thats your problem.

OHHH, MY GOODNESS THOSE AMERICAN HEATHENS ARE AT IT AGAIN. Get over yourself you self hating uninformed noob. You obviously know very little about the United States' citizens and are probably basing your opinion on hollywood. There is a lot of movies etc. America doesnt come close too- you ever look at the stuff coming out of Japan, a country that sells used school girl underwear in a vending machine? The world is full of sick people, and its full of people like you who choose to focus on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
My country is full of egoists that think we can do whatever we want. It really pisses me off that my government does this kind of thing- and with no permission from it's people to boot!

There really is no sensibility anymore in U.S. politics. We do what we have to do to screw everyone else over. It seems as though other governments are following, too!

The question I ask is- if the tables were turned, how would the U.S. react to missiles being lobbed at our schools? I mean, hell, we took over a country that didn't even do anything to us that we know about.

The "no sensibility" started with businessmen, in my opinion. Lawyers helped them, and we citizens are powerless to stop them to a large degree.

I was watching one of the channels I get on satellite TV today that broadcasts MSM from the middle-east (Al Jazeera, Isreal Brodcasting Authority, and a few others) and it is DAMN FUNNY how the "arab" MSM paints the US the EXACT SAME WAY the US MSM colors them - terrorists. I watched a Palestine report about Isreal and an Israel report about Palestine - very sickening that Israel is snapping up the "democratically elected" officials from Palestine and locking them up...I feel real bad on the inside for Palestine, but my whole country seems to hate them for wanting back land that was illegally invaded and stolen to give some people who had never been there a place to wage war from. But anyways...

What can anyone do about this problem? The military (at least while I was serving) is dead set on nailing every "terrorist" and the politicians are making them invade other countries against the will of the people who live there. Then we get to see reports like this www.adnkronos.com... ... why doesn't Pakistan let the US military provide some Special Forces observers to go with them to hunt down the actual criminals that need to be caught? What can Pakistan really do to prevent attacks from OTH weapons and the like?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid

'US missiles' hit Pakistan school

news.bbc.co.uk

A suspected US missile strike has killed at least eight students at a religious school in north-western Pakistan, witnesses say.

The school, in North Waziristan, is close to the residence of a fugitive Taleban leader, Jalaluddin Haqqani, witnesses told the BBC Urdu Service.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh well. Not to worry. Thats a few less begging, suicidal extremists we have to worry about when they leave school!!

It was probably an extremist Muslim school anyway.

Don't worry be happy.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What do you suppose a Madrassa in that area is teaching, how to sing Kum Ba Yah? Not that I condone targeting such institutions but lets not be naive here. These tribal regions are infested with Taliban and Al Qaeda elements. Naturally for one of these leaders a residence next to such an institution is ideal. Of course that particular building was not targeted purposely if it was known to be a Madrassa. However if they continue to shelter such people and allow them such refugee near such place, inevitability things like this will continue to happen.

Infested with Taliban ? Dude did you go to find out ?

Schools are infested with children, what the hells the matter with you man is Vietnam forgotten allready?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

What do you suppose a Madrassa in that area is teaching, how to sing Kum Ba Yah? Not that I condone targeting such institutions but lets not be naive here. These tribal regions are infested with Taliban and Al Qaeda elements. Naturally for one of these leaders a residence next to such an institution is ideal. Of course that particular building was not targeted purposely if it was known to be a Madrassa. However if they continue to shelter such people and allow them such refugee near such place, inevitability things like this will continue to happen.

Infested with Taliban ? Dude did you go to find out ?

Schools are infested with children, what the hells the matter with you man is Vietnam forgotten allready?

I don't think Vietnam is forgotten. This is a different situation though - Pakistan is full of Muslims - Case closed.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And the enemy has been known to use schools, hospitals, mosques, etc, for strongpoints and military activities without any regard to the others that might be using them for their actual purpose.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

About a third of our countrymen are like this guy westpoint23. I was trying to talk sense into my brother-in-law and tore apart all his extremist right wing ideals. When he could not think of anything else to argue about (after an hour of ripping off his blinders the last thing I asked him how the trickle down effect is effecting him) he said:

"I dont care I like it that we are the biggest and baddest on the block and want to keep it that way"

Its all about ego and brainwashing. Face it America its no longer just our leaders that are the problem. Its also a lot of the people. We are no longer the beacon of light...we have been fooled and corrupted by fear and ego the same as the Germans were in the "30's".

Not in MY name. I disconnect myself from the country I was born into and have always been so proud of and cherished. It has become a giant festering distraction of the brainwashed masses full of hate disillusionment and discontent.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As a long time lurker I feel compelled to reply. I'm wondering if all this outrage stems from the fact that this was committed by the "Evil Americans". Where is the outrage for all of the numerous attacks carried out on schools by the Taliban. With two English print newspapers available here, I read on a daily basis about school bombings, especially girl's schools, rocket attacks, suicide bombings, kidnappings, etc. I hear nothing condemning these acts. I guess it's OK when they kill their own? Maybe "honor killings" of young girls are acceptable, as long as they deserve it? I'm not defending the loss of "innocent" lives that occurs. The military goes to great lengths to avoid such losses. I'll just leave it with this, when judging these acts, try to see the bigger picture. If you get so focused on what the US is doing wrong, you'll fail to see even greater atrocities happening on a daily basis here in PAK. The violence needs to stop, but on all sides. That said....flame away.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by snudger

Oh well. Not to worry. Thats a few less begging, suicidal extremists we have to worry about when they leave school!!

It was probably an extremist Muslim school anyway.

Don't worry be happy.

So then, it would be just fine and dandy to go blow up, for instance, a fundamentalist Christian school where it's brainwashed pupils are encouraged to kill abortion doctors and bomb clinics, or an ultra-Orthodox Jewish school that churns out hardline racist bigots?
After all, if it's justified to kill students of one religious brand as they may be a danger to others, then it's perfectly justifiable to kill students of other fundie denominations too..... isn't it?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Britguy]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snudger

Sorry if your post didn't leave me laughing.

Children died.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And the enemy has been known to use schools, hospitals, mosques, etc, for strongpoints and military activities without any regard to the others that might be using them for their actual purpose.

Soooo.... you are basically saying it should have been bombed because there was probably a terrorist hiding behind the school children? That's nice.

So what happened to special ops teams with high powered rifles?

If they suspected the "bad guy" was in that school, you'd think we'd have the resources and the skills to approach it with a little more....uh....precision.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Something else to consider. Who is actually operating these missile carrying UAV's and who has control of tasking missions?

I remember very early on when these drones first appeared in Afghanistan and Iraq, the military commanders on the ground had no control of mission planning and were often not even informed of missions undertaken. The UAV's were, I believe, a CIA operation and so were outside of the usual military chain of command.

If that is still the case in these matters, who is ultimately responsible for these "mishaps" and will they ever be brought to account? After all, they do seem to be flying these things around and firing off missiles (and killing innocent people) rather a lot at the moment. Oh! and their intel still sucks big time!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Madrassa religious school now that in North Waziristan is most likely a militant training camp.
news.bbc.co.uk...
why did the Taliban surround the site right after the attack was it one of there training schools???? or were the planting evidence to incriminate the US in hitting a school.
www.indianexpress.com...

wordpress.com...

We know that NO western media can even get in this part of pakistan to report what happened so what we are getting is third hand and most likely Taliban and Al-Qaeda propaganda.
if western media could get in the CIA would know just where to target.
because they would have paid agents in the media.

all the type propaganda is not new the north vietnamese did the same thing in north Vietnam.

they would build the arms warehouses and truck parks to supply the Ho Chi Minh trail around unmarked school and hospitals so they could make the same claims.

Al Qaeda learned from reading the history just how to use propaganda and the other tricks that the north vietnamese used.
they are not all a bunch of ignorant terrorist. the leaders are all collage trained.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Al Qaeda learned from reading the history just how to use propaganda and the other tricks that the north vietnamese used.
they are not all a bunch of ignorant terrorist. the leaders are all collage trained.

How can one fighting on horses with swords and living in a caves manage to read on history?

Don't make sense!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

What do you suppose a Madrassa in that area is teaching, how to sing Kum Ba Yah? [...] Of course that particular building was not targeted purposely if it was known to be a Madrassa.

Do you even know what a madrassa is? It's not a place where extremists gather to teach kids about how to blow things up. "Madrassa" just means "school" in Arabic.

Everyone has been to a madrassa (school) one time in their life, so why try and connect it to a area for extremists?

Nothing from your post showed sympathy for any children killed; only justification for what happened.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
To sort out the problem elimanate the cause

this is not a one liner

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Have they no conscience???

They should create a war crimes tribunal now for all the innocent killings that the USA are doing at the moment.

They are on a complete free for all and feel its their right to kill and injure anyone at anytime anywhere.

I am blaming the American Political system not the people. After reading the comments it is very obivous that it is a very small minority of people who condone or support the ongoing killing of innocent people!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

whilst i do not believe in religion your are being a typical yank looking at all residents of pakistan as extremists

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here is a pertinent point for the Americans on this thread:

1. You guys claim to live in the greatest country in the world and regularly say that it is the greatest because you are free and have democracy. If that truly is the case then you have to take responsibility collectively for actions such as this because it is perpatrated by the government YOU voted for.

I understand from this thread that not all of you are happy about the government and there are those who in fact say that there is a possibility that the election 8 years ago was rigged in Florida. Whether or not the second part of that statement is true the first part definately is and, correct me if i'm wrong, you have a constitution that somewhere (i believe its called the second amendment) protects you from corrupt governments.

So either admit that you are collectively responsible for actions like this or meet up in Washington this weekend and walk right up to the front door of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, shotgun/AK/M16/whatever in hand and do something about it.

P.S. Please stop flaming muslims just because they think differently from you and base their ideals on 2000 year old writings. Nobody is flaming you guys for basing your ideals on a 300 year old sheet of paper written by greedy white landowners who wanted the right to own slaves and not pay taxes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join