It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet more crazy racist junk...

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ok, firstly I'm from the UK and am just making an observation, maybe bringing something to light that you may have been unaware of.

Mods, if I've put this in the wrong place, please shift it.

Found this in an entertainment/music bulletin I subscribe to...

www.pe.com...

This seems pretty screwed, regardless of your political views, this seems to go far beyond acceptable levels of behaviour.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You've got to wonder what goes through people's minds... Seems like it backfired on them anyway.

Sheila Raines, an African-American member of the club, was the first person to complain to Fedele about the newsletter. Raines, of San Bernardino, said she has worked hard to try to convince other minorities to join the Republican Party and now she feels betrayed.

"This is what keeps African-Americans from joining the Republican Party," she said.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Thanks for the post - I am documenting these for an "expose" after the election. It is interesting to hear from those in other countries reflecting upon the blatant racism that is coming to the fore here in America. I believe, as I have stated on numerous posts, that this is a watershed moment in US history and regardless of the pains, we must bring this garbage out into the open to really know how/why people behave this way. Please check out my post from yesterday - I still can't get it to link!

Whoa. Kuhl Says Dems Want Americans 'To Suffer and To Hurt'

I have linked several anti-american and racist views from several of our government officials - to give a taste of what was in the news yesterday. For a real racist and unbelievably tacky shot of the right wing nut job media machine, look at the rediculous presentation of the smear video in my post:

From the Future: a news cast we should never see.

Amazing, and thanks again for the perspective. As an American, I am bewildered and ashamed of these "folks".

ColoradoJens

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You know what's amazing is you guys only post the parts of the story that you want to make your point. You're trying to label all Republicans as racist by doing that. Don't you realize that by not telling the whole story, you're just as guilty as the people that are actually being racist in these cases?

Allow me to take a paragraph from YOUR REFERENCED STORY to make my point:

The GOP newsletter, which was sent to about 200 members and associates of the group by e-mail and regular mail last week, is drawing harsh criticism from members of the political group, elected leaders, party officials and others as racist.

So you see, even in the Republican party, this kind of behavior is NOT ACCEPTABLE. There are members of the party who would stoop to these levels, but the majority of us do not condone this behavior. As I've demonstrated in this post, there are members of the Democratic party who are JUST AS GUILTY of despicable acts of racism and hatred.

Please don't judge us all by the bad actions of a few. You're only doing yourself a disservice.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wonder when people, even those as such in positions of authority are going to realize that racism etc... is not in the best interest of taxation. All taxpayers are created equally. Oh wait, I forgot about the 4% elite.

I wonder when the last time Paulson, Bernake, etc.. paid taxes?
I wonder if they would make their tax records public. Not as if they wouldn't be forged anyway.

All something like this does is to further delude people into believing that there is actually a separation between HUMAN BEINGS.

Wake up. It is the universal energy (soul) that animates our physical being. This is immutable.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Completely agree with you there, I come from a left-wing perspective - but feel it would be unfair to present this as anything other than a point for discussion.

This sort of thing has happened recently in the UK, we had a priest making some really offensive comments about homosexuality, then trying to claim it was a joke.

It's sad to see this kind of stupidity is universal.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So its ok to be racist as long as the person is a Republican? How does that make any sense?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

So its ok to be racist as long as the person is a Republican? How does that make any sense?

Thats not what he said at all. Reading comprehension is your friends.

Tell me something, who decided these things were racist? I love fried chicken and kool-aid! Meaning, its not a stereotypical black trait to like those things. Who gets to decide what is racist and what isn't?

Do not mistake this question to mean I think this kind of childish crap is acceptable. I just don't understand what exactly is racist about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

And once again how is it ok to be a racist just because you vote republican? Release a racist news letter, have racists(See Avatar) working for them and... its ok because they vote Republican. Have fun with that.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

And once again how is it ok to be a racist just because you vote republican? Release a racist news letter, have racists(See Avatar) working for them and... its ok because they vote Republican. Have fun with that.

One again, nobody said it was. Thats something you're making up in your head.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reminds me of a picture mail someone sent me last week taken of a biker in traffic and on the back of his shoort it says Ni**er please, it is a WHITE house.

some of the people in the "greatest country" in the world....

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Bean328]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ouch!!!

That really sucks, was it a photoshopped picture, or did someone really make/own/wear that?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
im not really sure. from wat i could tell it looked real. it was on the back of his shirt and he was on his bike and you can see the cars around him on the road but the picture was more focused on him and the shirt.

i used to take offense to it when i was younger(high school) but now i dont let it bother me because no matter what we do some people will never change. im 20 now.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
what's wrong with that? is it a joke??

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wats wrong with what exactly? im a lil confused, you talkin bout the shirt thing?

im black (i like to say brown. lol) and my friend is also, she was just sending me the picture to show how ignorant and racist some people and because she had found it.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Bean328]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by sos37

It's really no wonder your point count is in the negative. If you get around to posting something rational and thought out I'll be happy to debate you at an adult level.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Hate to say it, but aren't the two points intrinsically linked? Republicanism has never seemed to be the most welcoming, charitable or understanding of parties.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I think that depends on where you look for them. White Republicans in the middle of Podunk, Tennessee - true, you're probably going to get an earful of far right Conservatism laced with a good ol' helpin' of the Gospel.

But that works both ways. How about Black Democrats in Southern Mississippi? How charitable and open to you expect them to be?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree that it works both ways.

All we can do is hope this election becomes a cultural turning point, for the better, as far as racism is concerned.

We shall shortly see. .

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
To be honest, I'm a pretty "white" guy, tattooed and usually witha skinhead, so you can imagine how I look... I got a few militant black friends, they're cool with me. I'd imagine that entrenched black-liberals would also be fine, maybe even charitable after about 5 minutes of us being humans together. It's one of the great things about people, if you can meet on a one to one basis and not throw things in each others faces, most folk can get along. Unfortunately, going on tv prosetylising bigotry, kinda seems to be throwing shism(!) in peoples faces.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join