It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Christidelphia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Not sure if i spelled Christidelphia right... but theres this girl in my gym class who is really into this religion/cult thing and I'm curious as to what there beliefs are and if you could call them "bad". I found out theres like 5 more people in the cult at my school.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
well most of the time, anything that is referred to as a "cult" is not something to be part of...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow, okay...

Did some reasarch... apparently they don't believe in Heaven...

From sfchristadelphian.org:

The only hope of life after death is through the resurrection of the dead and the receiving of everlasting life in God's Kingdom on earth.

It goes on to say that you're pretty much buggered once you die, and that you stay that way until Jesus shows up to raise the dead, judge them, and put the unworthy back where they came from.

Nice people.

(EDIT: Bad hyperlink, removed it)

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by Xenographer]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I dont know where u live in the world, but I live in Brisbane, Aust. and we have them here too.
They seem harmless enough.
The whole raising the dead thing seems more believable to me than a heaven, so maybe theyre on to something.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Actually, I don't have any problem with the belief that we may just "sleep" or remain "dead" until the resurrection. I have a really hard time finding biblical scripture backing that we do much other than that.

It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. In the end the results are the same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have no time for it. The people are decent enough, but their elders are power-hungry bastards who 'anathemise' any follower who dares to challenge their teachings. That includes daring to have relationships outside their church.

See here : Secret Society Disguised as Christian Church

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I set up a thread which asked about this topic
What i have found out was.
Where they differ from christianity
And they do alot!

the trinity They believed in only one God but not three persons
Christ that he was not eternal not sinless
Holy Spirit that the holy spirit dont exist
Christs death was just an example not a sacrifice for sins
Heaven and Hell That there is neither only a futer earth for the saved
Salvation that you must be baptised and then approved by good works

Of course this is probably quite generalised

They appear to be christians but theyre teaching is far from the truth!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hmm, sounds like it could be worse. Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't know - while there is nothing that says we will go to heaven when we die and it does say that we will be awakened for judgement day, I don't know about the 'sleep' either. There are a lot of stories out there similar to this one: My Grandfather was an athiest when my Gran was alive. I mean there definately was no god according to him. Then, when my Gran died, he became a believer. He said she would visit him for years after her death. I believe him. If true, that would point against a 'sleep'.

Maybe there is a paradise or a state of euphoria ?

new topics

top topics

join