It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Pulling Its Ads From Bachmann's Race, Media Buyers Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

GOP Pulling Its Ads From Bachmann's Race, Media Buyers Say

www.huffingtonpost.com

Five days after Rep. Michele Bachmann went on a McCarthy-esque rant suggesting Barack Obama was unpatriotic and urging the major newspapers of the country to investigate anti-American sentiment in Congress, the national Republican political parties are running for cover.

Two sources aware of ad buys in Minnesota say that the National Republican Congressional Committee is pulling its media purchases from Bachmann's race. If true, it is a remarkable fall for a congresswoman who, until recently, seemed relatively safe in her predominantly conservative district. The race had become closer in recent days -- the NRCC had transferred funds from Rep. Erik Paulsen (MN-03) to Bachmann a little over a week ago.

In the days following her appearance on Hardball, however, Bachmann has watched as her challenger, El Tinklenberg raised more than a million dollars off her incendiary remarks. That surge in fundraising put Bachmann's re-election in a far less certain position. Bachmann tried to stem the bleeding by telling the press she was sorry for her remarks. But with the national party now apparently pulling the plug, the situation has gone from bad to worse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
IF this is true it would be a wonderful thing... and it is not because I am a liberal and/or a Democrat that I think that, but because I am an American who is sick and bloody tired of this type of rhetoric... it has torn the political fabric of this country apart.

Just because I am a liberal and/or a Democrat does not mean I love my country less than a conservative and/or a Republican does... all it means is that we envision different solutions to our problem and it is high time that people accepted that reality.

Conservatives and/or Republicans do not, let me repeat, do not have a monopoly on love of country or patriotism and it is high time they canned the bullhooey and started discussing the issues instead as opposed claiming their opponent's lack patriotism.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here is another source for this story.... for those of you who will whine about the Huffington Post's liberal bias.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- National Republicans have yanked TV advertising for Minnesota GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann's re-election bid after she suggested Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may have ''anti-American'' views and urged an investigation of unpatriotic lawmakers.

Bachmann is one of four at-risk Republican incumbents left to fend for themselves by a cash-strapped House campaign arm in the crucial final days of the campaign amid a tough political environment for the GOP . The National Republican Campaign Committee has also canceled planned TV ads to help GOP Reps. Marilyn Musgrave in Colorado, Tom Feeney in Florida and Joe Knollenberg in Michigan, spokeswoman Karen Hanretty confirmed.

Musgrave, Feeney and Knollenberg are extremely vulnerable and Democrats -- who are eyeing double-digit gains in their House majority -- have been targeting them heavily. Bachmann, whose district is solidly conservative, has only recently emerged as a prime target after her controversial remarks on MSNBC's ''Hardball,'' which sparked a flood of campaign contributions to her Democratic opponent and have reshaped the race.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by grover]

join