It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Your Vote Count???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In light of the coming election, which is now being advertised by the mainstream media to be the most important election since 1932, I thought a reminder of the "problems" with electronic voting might be in order. SO, here is a link to the first part of "Hacking Democracy", an HBO documentary.

Bev Harris of Blackboxvoting has devoted her life to fair vote counting. Here is a link to her site.

And a link to some trailers for the documentary itself

I searched for this topic here and found a few postings, but not much attention at all. I think it's vitally important that we all understand how easily an election can be fudged. Now, more than ever we need to be vigilant and do SOMETHING, even if it's sitting at your pc watching the vote counts come in and taking screen shots. Lord knows we need all the hepl we can get. Please take the time to look into this. It affects every single one of us.

Mods, if I screwed anything, apologies in advance. I'm still learning. Thanks.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The most important election since 1932?
Did they specifically say which country that 1932 election was in...? Because if I remember correctly, wasn't Adolph Hitler elected German Chancellor in 1932?

Join the dots, just an idea I had..

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

I believe they were referring to this one.

The United States presidential election of 1932 took place as the effects of the 1929 Stock Market Crash and the Great Depression were being felt intensely across the country. President Hoover's popularity was falling as voters felt he was unable to reverse the economic collapse, or deal with prohibition. Franklin D. Roosevelt saw that Hoover's failure to deal with these problems could be used as a platform for his own election, promising reform in his policy called the New Deal. Although vague about how he would remedy the situation, Roosevelt won by a landslide, and this "critical election" marked the collapse of the Fourth Party System or Progressive Era. The voters soon were realigned into the Fifth Party System, dominated by Roosevelt's New Deal Coalition.

Info from wiki

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I changed the title. I decided to go with something a little more provacative than "Hacking Democracy" Maybe this will get the attention it deserves.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the entire hacking democracy video in whole, is in the "on demand" section of the player at freemedianetworks.com... or on google video..

Google Video Link

they have lots of videos at FreeMediaNetworks of interest

[edit on 23-10-2008 by E-ville]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i told you all , mccain will be the next president wether you like it or not wether you vote for or against. mccain will win. the powers at be will see to that one, no matter what. mccain the puppet to the powers, you will see. mccain the next president. you know what , i will not vote for mccain or obama. i would rather vote for someone on ats for the president.

top topics

join