It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Assuming Broad Powers, Turning Vast Swaths of U.S. into "Constitution-Free Zone"

page: 1.

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Homeland Security Assuming Broad Powers, Turning Vast Swaths of U.S. into "Constitution-Free Zone"

www.prisonplanet.c om

The government is turning vast swaths of our country into a “Constitution-Free Zone” in which U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is allowed to exercise extraordinary authority that would not normally be permitted under the Constitution. The government says that “the border” — where there is a longstanding view that the Constitution does not fully apply — actually stretches 100 miles inland from the nation’s “external boundary.” And increasingly, we are seeing DHS vigorously utilize that authority.

Today we held a press conference at the National Press Club here in D.C. to try to draw attention to this problem — and the fact that, as we showed, nearly two-thirds of the U.S. population live within this “Constitution-Free Zone.” That’s 197.4 million people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Warnings from world leaders all within 72 hours
Colin Powell - a vague warning?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The constant warnings of a terror plot from both sides of the atlantic.

Soldiers brought back from overseas and given the task of containing civil unrest.

The "free zone" being eroded little by little as government agencies stop paying even lip service to the constitution.

Where is this heading?

We have even had the spectre of a nuclear bomb raised, and the warning that there will (could) be a major incident around the time the new president takes office.

IMO the ACLU is right to be concerned about recent developments.

It seems we are being primed for something.

Something that will allow an attack on Iran?

Or perhaps the occupation of the mid-east?

If something DOES happen - and again it looks as though there is prior knowledge - then the masses who rely on the MSM will have been primed to perfection.

Not only in the US - it seems that this is happening with all the countries allied to the US however loosely.

www.prisonplanet.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Will this means that in the so call "constitutions Free zones" the right to bear arms will be taken away from citizens?

I will like to see where are the borders of this "constitution free zones"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

From the article:

The government says that “the border” — where there is a longstanding view that the Constitution does not fully apply — actually stretches 100 miles inland from the nation’s “external boundary.”

So if you live within 100 miles of any of the US borders, including presumably, the coast, then you fall within this category.

I hadn't considered the gun issue - but it's a good point.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't see a problem here. It has been from a lack of action that has allowed our country to be over ran by the millions of illegal aliens from across the planet and causing many, many problems.

In my very humble opinion, check points should be set up in every city over 50,000 to check for illegal persons.

It silly crap like the group huggers that want everyone to come to America, that has caused a drain of financial resources from cities to federal level of government for "entitlements" that have costs in the 10's of billions of dollars. Illegal Aliens have created a medical crisis in many parts of the country from medical care with no way to cover expenses.

The subprime market collapse has a very strong illegal alien home ownership issue that is grossly underplayed in the national media. In some parts of Colorado and California, over 35% of foreclosed housing belong to people who shouldn't even be here, let alone have the ability to buy property.

It's about time that feds got off their collective asses and perform their job.

No other country in the world puts up with the silly sh*t of bilingual ballots for voting, multi-ethnic languages for teaching children in public schools, and all the other crap that falls along these lines. I have had enough of this and want a serious change in direction, this is just a first step as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I mean this will become and should become an issue for the gun loving citizens of this nation.

One of the parts of the article I read from more sources in the issue of your OP, (because you know that you will be challenged by the that part of members that are very happy with giving away their constitutional rights, for the source, Prisionplanet) so I got the ACLU article.

This part of their article is so true and a trend that has been forming for the last 8 years of the corporate thieves we have in the congress and white house and people are so blind to this day that even the biggest scam of tax payer robbery in history has been received with not fight at all.

If the current generation of Americans does not challenge this creeping (and sometimes galloping) expansion of federal powers over the individual through the rationale of “border protection,” we are not doing our part to keep alive the rights and freedoms that we inherited, and will soon find that we have lost some or all of their right to go about their business, and travel around inside their own country, without interference from the authorities.

www.aclu.org...

This one is the one that gets me all the time, no challenges to this gestapo type of authorities powers.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I don't see a problem here. It has been from a lack of action that has allowed our country to be over ran by the millions of illegal aliens from across the planet and causing many, many problems.

You don't see a problem here? This Constitution-free zone doesn't only apply to "illegals," but Americans too.

If 2/3 of the American population resides within these Constitution-free zones, then 2/3 of the American population is currently residing within a Constitution-free, Guantanamo-style locale.

And you don't see a problem here?

Please tell me you were only joking...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
FYI: www.abovetopsecret.com...

was posted yesterday, we need to bring these discussions all together in one place. This is important because Homeland Security will reign supreme in these areas. And they won't bother with 'rights' and trivialities like that until after the abuse is committed.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Weel I am not one to freek out over much of anything but budski I was reading the first post got about two lines into the second and had a whammy of absolute fear wash over me... my dog jackson shook his head and I jumped in my chair so bad I smacked my hand on the desk so hard it bruised instantly. this hasnt happend since the morning of 9-11 exactly one hour before the first plane hit. I didnt even know it was happening until my neighbor came running over to tell me! By that time both had been hit and well you all know the rest.
As I said I am not one to freek out over anything and this is only the second time in my life this has happened so you guys let me know whats up please I am NOT turning the tv on.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This is not about illegals , this about programing those citizens that never have been out side of the US to start feeling what it means the NWO put in place by our supreme being Bush.

Only those that has been in airports as felt what it feels to be in a control type of dictatorship when it comes to traveling and the lost of constitutional Rights.

But now they rest of the population needs to feel the same fear and degradation of no having a Constitution to protect them in their own soil.

Fear, intimidation and control of the mases.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

In my very humble opinion, check points should be set up in every city over 50,000 to check for illegal persons.

Jeah, that's a great idea.

I think the Masters would love that one.

Ausweis schnell!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

The subprime market collapse has a very strong illegal alien home ownership issue that is grossly underplayed in the national media. In some parts of Colorado and California, over 35% of foreclosed housing belong to people who shouldn't even be here, let alone have the ability to buy property.

That's the banks fault for lending to them - the subprime market should never have been allowed to exist in the first place.

Let me repeat - this is not about the border, this is happening up to 100 miles from the borders, including the coast.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by marg6043

From the article:

The government says that “the border” — where there is a longstanding view that the Constitution does not fully apply — actually stretches 100 miles inland from the nation’s “external boundary.”

So if you live within 100 miles of any of the US borders, including presumably, the coast, then you fall within this category.

I hadn't considered the gun issue - but it's a good point.

Budski,

Back in the day when I was still 'plugged in' I recall the maxim that the actual territory of the US (and other countries with coastal landmasses) begins some 25 miles or so out at sea. So if this is true, some of the more inland locations may be mercifully spared of the gestapo-esk dealings of "no rights unless we explicitly give them to you".

Who would have believed it 10 years ago? Suspension of the United States' very raison d'etre?

hinky, you think this is about illegals? Why the heck do you think they LET them in to begin with? Here we are practically being stripped searched to travel from Boston to Bangor, Maine, while the borders are a sieve. You think this is a reaction to illegals? Not so.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What he doesn't understand Budski is, that the banks didn't have their hands tied when they gave mortgage loans to illegals without them having to show social security for identification, they greed and corruption of the financial markets allow this to happen.

Don't blame the illegals for getting what they didn't qualified for, but the greedy lending hands of those that approved the mortgage loans.

They should all go to jail, but that will never happen they make the laws in Washington after all.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I see a lot of problems with this. I say we put all that man power along the borders like we should have a long time ago so that the rest of us can move about freely. Have you ever been stopped by a homeland security checkpoint and interrigated as to your citizenship? I'm about as white as it gets and speak fluent english but I was still required to show identification before being allowed to move on.

My last trip to Texas while driving on 44 west in Missouri got me pulled over at 2am by state troppers only to have a flashlight shined in my face then told to move on. I wasn't speeding and my car is fully legal.

This is nothing more than a systematic errosion of our rights. It seems you have grown accustom to living under facist rule.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hey Guys, Sorry there is already a thread on this topic,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please go there to add your thoughts on this matter,

Thanks for posting, and i will have to close this thread,.
Any issues please feel free to u2u me.

Asala,

top topics

join