It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Can't Imagine Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I see some problems with the information provided in that link. One is, the research is based solely on Psychological parameters... or better said.. based on the beliefs developed in this branch of human study that intends to put all things in an understandable framework, whether that framework is correct or not. After all, everything Psychology is Theory.

I am almost 50 years old, and have led the most unusual life with extra-ordinary experiences being the norm.. yet I am not insane, nor have behaviour problems that have ever required the assistance of the Mental Health Industry.

That is another point of frustration here, we are talking the Mental Health Industry. And like all Edifices human, it has massive flaws, it is about self-procreation and the continuance of having the world adopt it's small-minded perceptions on reality.

We don't contemplate death usually, because we hold a lot of fear about it. We fear the loss of everything pertaining to our life, seeing loved ones, and the possible thought that we may not exist after death.

I don't have that problem. My life experiences have prepared me well for my own death when it comes.

How?

One of the things I do in my work is to liason between the Living and the Dead... it's something I've been able to do for many years. I do so Honestly.

Part of this requires taking the "lost close to our 3d" deadies (as I call them) across into what is called the Light. Doing so involves gaining much information about their recent life which is then told to their relative, and which always confirms the reality for the relative we are working with. Always!

Since I do this very regularly, and have done so for a long time, I have a fair understanding of what happens after the physical death of a body.

The cultural beliefs from ancient times, about existence after physical death are based in knowledge that our modern cultures have lost due to it's need to explain everything in "rational", "logical" and "defined scientific" terms... all of which have no basis to study anything non-physical to begin with.

The Human Mind is not a product of the Brain. The brain's activity is a product of Mind, or more correctly, the Awareness of a Soul.

We are the driver of the physical body in much the same we as we are with a car.

After the physical death of your body, you may experience floating above the now very gray colored thing that was your body. The animating factor has left, and what remains is an ugly mass of matter.

If you do not catch yourself up near the 3D by wanting to be around loved ones, etc, then you will move on to other experiences. If you go to the Light, you will reach a place I call the "Arrival Zone".

I can tell you it is situated at the same awareness level of the astral that the Akasha is to be found. Monroe called it Focus 27, it is where all the newly dead go as the first stop.

Why? Firstly, in order to wake up from the dream that was life! I have seen a thousand or more times how one is effected by this Waking Up... and it is a very beautiful thing to observe as the 'deadie' begins to remember where it is and what higher awareness reality they already hold that was forgotten in physical life.

Each is met by a being that had been a loved one or guide in life. This is also to assist the newly arrived with waking up and being comfortable in the surroundings until they have regained their full memories.

To cut a long story short, I think one mistake we humans make is in trying to explain everything from the Inside out, from our smallest ability to perceive clearly, so we make up beliefs about it that have no place in reality.

If we look at it from higher awareness, we can begin to see the opposite. We observe from the outside In. This is how Souls come into this world, so it is the bigger picture we need to uderstand Reality without creating a pile of Beliefs based on severely reduced capacity to Perceive.

That's all folks. Be well and have No Fear, ever.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
first off. OP thanks for posting - I have been obsessed with this topic for some time now.

My opinion: the realist doesn't accept the afterlife. It just doesn't make rational sense to them.

as far as the burden of proof for believers/skeptics - its the same as science vs. experience. Science points in one direction - no afterlife. experiences point to another - plausible afterlife.

I know a lot of people on here have said, for the believers in afterlife to not trust those experiences that they have, as use for evidence, because our brain can easily fool us into false experiences, as they do all the time.

But honestly I'm looking for the evidence in nothingness. What the hell is nothingness?

If nothingness is the absence of experience, then what is experience? If experience is our life perceived by ourselves, then the end of our life is the end of how we perceive it to be, and for those who believe it is nothingness, then that is what you will expect.

That is my view of the afterlife. I think that is why we have that evolutionary trait of some type of immortal existence, even for those who just say this is all there is - when I die, nothing happens - I can bet you they have an Idea of what nothing is - and IMHO that's what happens.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
According to Robert Monroe, out-of-body expert, many of us wind up at the "orgy pile" of spirits who think they still have a body. I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Greetings nerbot,
You seem to have managed to completely misunderstand my post, yes, death is a simple termination of this life and the process itself is not complicated at all, but what you will experience following this event, is a return to the world whence we came and it is that aspect, and the ramifications that follow that would [in my humble view]
be impossible to imagine.

Hope this clears it up for you,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I believe we have 2 "bodies" - one physical and one non-physical. Our conciousness travels from one to the other. While it is in the physical body, all experiences are recorded and memorized in the physical body but while in the nonphysical body everything is stored there. Accessing that nonphysical body from the physical body is very difficult, like trying to remember a dream you had when waking up.

That's how I imagine death, there is only one body with a consciousness and it might very well be that the memories of this life are forgotten, just as we forget our other existence while we are physical.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Of course I already know it is a moot point for most of you; but if life after death does not exist then Jesus could not have been raised from the dead. Many of you don't believe that happened though. However he did resurrect and walked among the people for weeks before finally ascending to Heaven.

No, you have read a book saying he did. A book written 2000 years ago, re-written many times by all kinds of different people with their own agenda.

It seems more logical to me that Jesus was a normal guy, probably a great inspiration to many people, but just a normal guy. Stories were written about him and people added in some stories to make him seem special. Humans have a great need to have idols.

But who really knows...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Now I know why I don't agree with psychologists.
What a huge load of dribble.
No doubt the person who wrote it is nuttier than any patients they have treated.
Oh no wait, he hasn't treated any patients, he got a PhD to write story's.

This is who wrote it.
blogs.psychologytoday.com...
I don't think him and I would get along very well.
Clearly this guy has mastered the art of writing essay's, but nothing much else.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
but what you will experience following this event, is a return to the world whence we came and it is that aspect, and the ramifications that follow that would [in my humble view]
be impossible to imagine.

I misunderstand nothing my friend.....I just don't have the same opinion as you!

How can I experience ANYTHING after death?

My mind and any perceptions will not exist to do that.....sheesh!

Please provide your opinions concerning what will happen to my thoughts AFTER my death as you obviously think you know something nobody else does.

Oh....hang on.....YOU CAN'T!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsPlayFeedTheGater
when dead , you simple cease to exist?
hmmmmmm you could always hook a recent dead guys head up to a blood machine , revive him and ask what happened? most likely say , " I dono, I just remember getting hit and opening my eyes here?"
This most likely has been done , but not released because it destroys ALL religions.

Won't destroy my religion, as that is exactly what the Bible teaches!!!!!

NO life after death

THE BIBLE IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Satan has done a good job in manipulating people and religions to distort it, spread lies about it's teachings, and do horrible things in the name of it. I don't blame people for disliking religion and the Bible, I would to if I didn't know the truth.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by holywar]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Of course I can tell you what will happen to your thoughts when you die, as can any other person who has experienced a NDE, there are many here on ATS, as there are everywhere.
Unless you experience an NDE youself,[ which I hope you do not, for obvious reasons] then you will simply have to wait untill you pass away naturally, then you will be most pleasantly surprised.
It is only my opinion, that it is near impossible to imagine, because it has happened to me and it was an event that I could never have imagined. However, the knowledge of what takes place is a recollection of actual events.
When you die, the thoughts that you were having in your head prior to passing, continue to form in the head of your Spiritual body as your full consiousness returns to you. You will remember everything you ever knew.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Near death is NOT death.

To think that you can tell me what I will go through after MY death is rediculous!

I appreciate you had an experience....but you did NOT die did you....and you did not die MY death.

If I can imagine the end of my life as a fade to black, or silence, or whatever means that I CAN imagine it.

The fact that a person (me or anyone else) is able to imagine these things makes the title and reason for this thread wrong.

If I imagine that I die and become a puff of smoke that merges with the ether around me, or turn into a butterfly and flit away proves that I CAN IMAGINE....all down to individual perspective.

Because you NEARLY died does not make you qualified to tell me what I think about something you CANNOT know.

Your logic makes no sense at all.

Keyword: "imagine".....anything we want, or wish to believe.

And how do you know that you aren't just imagining being alive?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Won't destroy my religion, as that is exactly what the Bible teaches!!!!! NO life after death

I went to Sunday School as a child and was taught different. I must claim ignorance. There is only one bible is that correct? Yet Jehovah's, Catholics, Church of England, Mormons etc. each have their own translation of it?

Strange. Much easier to be an Atheist.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just wanted to add my shillings to this

First,this may be off a wee bit off topic but It's a possible idea.
Astral projection. Could death be like that? Your body not concious, but your mind.
Also I was thinking, death being surronded by nothingness.
Close your eyes, you don't see a colour that you can place a name upon. For it bears quite a different colours at least for me...
And thirdly seeing as though you cannont see anything but you still sense everything around you... a possible death situation also.

I'm not scared of death, I'm just scared of the pain it brings. -.-

[edit on 19-1-2009 by nymph]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sure you can image death. You don't even need to, because you are experiencing it right now. Life = Death, Death = Life. It's only another point of view and emotions which makes it looks different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join