It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vandals Deface Minn. Congressional Members' Homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Vandals Deface Minn. Congressional Members' Homes

wcco.com

On Wednesday evening Coleman examined the damage for the first time. As he stood in front of his garage with his wife, Laurie, he said he wasn't concerned for his own safety, "but I've often said families should be off limits."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Found this article, which gave me a chuckle at first. However, I got furious when I saw this comment by Coleman. Evidently, it is OK for the US congressmen and women to vote to saddle my family with debt and taxes, but not OK to call these Washington clowns on their out right refusal to listen to their constituents.

Mr. Coleman, have fun scrubbing off the graffiti. You politicians get no sympathy from me.

wcco.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lurkerzrule

what??

no it isnt ok for them to saddle your family with dept unless the overwhelming majority agreed with it as they would then bieng doing thier job of representing the people

but it is also no where near ok to go spray painting threats and abuse on someones house

write him a letter at congress dont vote for him next time hold a political rally outside his office all fair play

threatening him and his family??? ............ and freedom of speach does not mean graffiti on private property is allowed sorry

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
We're sure to see a lot more of this in the future and there's already been "white powder" letters to banks and financial institutions this week. Not long until it becomes violent I think...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I'll clarify. Lack of caffeine and the inane outrage shown by the politicians got me flustered.

No, I do not advocate breaking the law, and spray painting people's home for any reason. And, I would imagine it would be scary to see such things on one's home. The people who did this will probably be caught, and probably be sent to jail. As a result of this stunt, the MN taxpayer will be paying for added security for these clowns, and according to the report, Federal officials are said to be investigating the incident, which means that American taxpayers will foot the bill of investigating the culprits of the vandalism.

However, these politicians have got to realize that their failed policies have gotten us to this point. Constant Federal Government intervention in all areas of our lives will, in my opinion, only pour gasoline to the outrage already present in the states.

At any rate, forgive me if I do not have any sympathy for the politicians of this country. They had years to address the financial state of this country and refused to address it. The American people, lulled into a state of inactivity and promised by the people they elected, also share responsibility for the state of the country.

So yes, it wrong to go around spray painting graffiti on congressmen/women's homes, but like Chris Rock once said....

"I can understand."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
theres a certain amount of evidence these guys were lied to and threatened into backing it

somewhere told if it didnt go through marshal law (somthing noone really wants) is going to have to be the next step

so are they really the ones to go after ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

'Lied to' ?

' Threatened ' ?

Do those excuses work as a defence in court of law ?

As in: ' Sorry I took part in the grand theft, Your Honour

but my partners in crime lied to me

and they threatened me

I don't think I should have to pay a penalty, Your Honour

didn't you hear me

I was LIED to

and THREATENED

I am the VICTIM here ! "

We all just love it ... noticed that ... when the perpetrator plays
victim. Oh yes, we just love hearing it, over and over and over again.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i dunno "co-operate or hundreds of people will get hurt and die and our country wil tear its self apart"

coercion like that could be considered mitigating circumstances

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

People are getting hurt and dying in any case

So if that was his excuse, it's not working

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
We're sure to see a lot more of this in the future and there's already been "white powder" letters to banks and financial institutions this week. Not long until it becomes violent I think...

It already has become violent. Someone shot up the home of a Republican HQ manager in Florida a couple of days ago.

Article

new topics

top topics

join