It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on dissemination; now yours!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've endeavored to steer some personal conversations towards the discussion of the E.T. phenomenon, but not many. I don't really understand why not though, because for me the subject is no less than fascinating. Here it is easy enough to discuss such matters without fear of harmful reprisals, but perhaps outside the relative safety of forums like this people might have sound reasons for not initiating dialogue about the topic of other intelligent life along with all of the possible ramifications. Maybe ufologists are in fact rare; if so, why? Could it be that maybe we're not so unusual, but in fact as common as christians...we just never dared to find out? How would it affect you personally to express your beliefs on this issue to everyone you encounter on a regular basis. If you are suppressing yourself in this matter, why. The old addage that there is power in numbers leads me to ask what the real numbers are. will any of us here go out on a limb to any degree to find out. We are here to deny ignorance; does this seem like an ignorant idea to anyone? It's been a habit of mine to start threads, then just read without much further participation...same thing when posting on other threads...usually one comment if I feel that I have anything of value to contribute.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i'm a christian and an ufologist. i think God made other races besides humans, and the biblical texts even say as much. i don't think all the ETs out there are good folk. some may be, but seems there's a few that are not very nice.
i think alot of people believe this is possible. i was talking to a guy from florida mufon and he told me that alot of their members were christians. this topic is of high interest to people from many walks of life. so i don't think we're rare. the differences seem to arise in abduction phenomena, visual and/or personal contact, and channeling of "ET entiites." also, there's variations in belief as to the intent of the close encounters, especially abductions. there's also the issue of channeled info settting dates (See nancy leider and blossom goodchild) that never come to pass. getting alot of people worked up, who then abandon jobs, homes and run off to spend their life savings on shelters in the mountains.

anyway, the experiences and responses to the ufo phenomena are varied, and so dramatically different that it's causing more and more people to think it's a fluke. i don't know what to make of all that, i only know what the ancient texts suggest and point to.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hi, you say you 'think' a lot of people think this is possible, but has anybody here at ATS actually done a thorough pole type examination with friends, family, & colleages; if so, what were your findings...I'm plainmike & I now wish I'd said your's? instead of now yours!, which strikes me as demanding...sorry. Christian ufologist came to mind but didn't make it onto the initial post. I here far more people speak of religeous matters than of the et phenomenon though...thanks for getting the ball rolling though...Mike

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I for one believe the issue is a very important one with respect to the real advancement of humanity. Problem is, once you are aware of the reality for what is UFOs (whatever you definitively believe them to be or represent), you become aware of the complete powerlessness of that realization with respect to any form of testiment. I have ZERO problem admitting to others that I take the phenomenon very seriously, it's just that, OK, now what?

I have studied the UFO phenomenon for numerous years now, from many different perspectives. IE. Man Made, ET, Interdimensional, Historic, etc. All one can do is postulate and hypothesize. Never give up mind you, but also never allow the machine to crush your affinity for a better understanding of this undeniably fascinating phenomenon/a

The part that sometimes pisses me off is the blind skeptics who have to have dinner with an ET to even give the phenomenon serious credence.

Don't let anyone ever fool you with respect to blind skepticism. There is NOTHING scientific about adamant skepticism. In fact, it's the exact opposite of the very underlying principles of true scientific curiosity and advancement. The skeptic in most cases is just the "true believer" of whatever cause they champion in the name of their ego. Nothing more.

You can NEVER win an argument with a true believing skeptic. That's because denial is an impossible stance to refute via reason.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by electrafixtion]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi undo, that's an interesting username. In mentioning that you are both Christian and a ufologist it may help others here to ponder the possibility that the two phenomena are somehow intertwined. You say you think alot of people believe that ufos/ets are possible, but that's not the same as knowing. I hear pleny of folks speak of the impending return of Christ, tribulation, etcetera, all while avoiding panic responses like quitting work & moving to a hiding spot. I also here friends, family, & colleagues talk about everything from religion to politics (also maybe a connection), but never about stated issue. What I'd love to know is why not. Thanks for getting things rolling here, I wish I'd said yours? instead of now yours!, which comes across as demanding now that I think of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by electrafixtion

Hello electrafixtion & thanks for the resply. I'm in agreement with you on the fact that blind skeptism is an unscientific stance to take. Maybe this is something that that should be routinely pointed out when broaching the subject though. Certainly in the relative infancy of this subject matter there is going to be wild speculation, but once everyone everywhere becomes involved there's a far greater chance for a breakthrough; isn't there?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
undo is short for undomiel (tolkien fan here).

first hand eye witness testimony is somewhat limited but not as much as you're suggesting. alot of people have witnessed ufos and not realized it. some who witness them, write them off as explanable phenomena but still believe in the possilbity of life elsewhere. examples where the ufo is really not an ET ufo, but human tech, may confuse the issue, as do natural phenomena. so there are several camps, which is probably why it's so difficult of a topic to discuss in a public forum. but if you were to ask the average person if they believe in life on other planets, most would say yes. if you asked if they believed we were being visited by that life, alot less would say yes and if you asked if they had personally witnessed a ufo or been abducted, even fewer would say yes.

one issue is that generally speaking, daily living is so intense for some people, they never look up. and the ones that do, don't do so for long. and the few that scan it religiously, may or may not have a mental block on the topic (which can effect the outcome).

new topics

top topics

join