It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Flying Syringe' Mosquitos, Other Ideas Get Gates Funding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What about the scientists and elite who are carrying out the poisenous mosquito vaccine,will they have special suits or mosquito dodging abilities.Makes you think.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's one of many research projects get over it, as for the comments that BillG's money could solve the worlds hunger in one year, tell it to your governments who just spent 15x more on bailing out your banks. BillG has so much money that he doesn't have to worry about it, he's using it to try and save lives by using technology and I think his eventual goal is to make it so the poor of this world also don't have to worry about money.

So I ask you guys on here who are questioning his actions... what have you done for the world recently?

[Edit]

The Gates Foundation has quickly become a major influence upon global health; the approximately US$800 million that the foundation gives every year for global health approaches the annual budget of the United Nations' World Health Organization (193 nations) and is comparable to the funds given to fight infectious disease by the United States Agency for International Development.[15] The Foundation currently provides 17% (US$86 million in 2006) of the world budget for the attempted eradication of poliomyelitis (polio).

Maybe you guys are right, maybe the world would be a better place without his donations?

[edit on 23/10/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Most people are unaware that the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) prior to 1970 was formerly and aptly named the Communicable Disease Center. My father was a research physicist who worked for CDC all throughout the 60s. Spending time in his laboratory as a child, I always made the joke that skull and crossbones were my favorite friends growing up. Unfortunately, my dad died from lung cancer, even though he never smoked a day in his life. I dare say it was caused from long-term toxic exposure.

Some history first: In 1942, the Office of Malaria Control in War Areas (MCWA) was established to create a national organization to keep more than six hundred bases and essential war-industrial establishments in the southern United States malaria-free. In 1946 the MCWA established the Communicable Disease Center with a facility located on Oatland Island, just outside of Savannah, GA. The agency's purpose was to gather physicians, entomologists, and engineers in the battle against a wide range of infectious health risks. In its initial years, over 6.5 million homes were sprayed with DDT, their primary weapon against malaria, and an early organization chart was even drawn in the shape of a mosquito. In 1951, the Epidemic Intelligence Service was established to help protect against biological warfare and man-made epidemics. In 1952, the U.S. Surgeon General reported that the Communicable Disease Center was ready to combat possible biological warfare. All throughout the 60's experiments were conducted on transmission of infectious diseases by various insects (primarily mosquitoes and flies) but also their use as carriers of toxins. In 1970, the group was renamed the Center for Disease Control (CDC) with headquarters in Atlanta. Still CDC, but with a much more benign name.

If you want some validation to their experiments, here is a partial list of published papers from that era:

Radioactive Tagging of Culex quinquefaciatus (Say) with P-32; Mosquito News, Vol. 19, No. 3, 1959.
The Effect of Known Repeated Oral Doses of DDT in Man., J. Am. Med. Assoc., Vol. 162, Oct. 27, 1956.
Tagging of Adult Houseflies and Flesh Flies with Radioactive phosphorus, Journal of Tropical Medicine, Vol. 31, No. 4, 1951.
A Mechanical System for Dispensing Known Amounts of Insecticidal Vapours, Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org., 24, 619-622, 1961.
Dosage-Mortality Response of Musca Domestica (Common House Fly) Exposed to DDVP Vapour; Bull. Wld, Hlth. Org., 24, pp. 643-644, 1961.
Dosage-Mortality Response of Anopheles Quadrimaculatus (Mosquito) Exposed to DDVP Vapours, Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org., 24, 644-646, 1961.
Insectical Vapors for Aircraft Disinsection; Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org., 24, pp. 611-16, 1961.

Prior to his death, my dad starting dictating for a book about his experiences at CDC. Unfortunately, I have yet to find the cassette audio tapes in his voluminous research archives still sitting in storage. My recollections, however, were stories of secret chemical and biological warfare research, in conjunction with the military, using insects as carriers. There were funny stories too, like when an outdoor screened cage blew over and released hundreds of thousands of house flies right in the middle of a visit by Washington dignitaries. More serious of the incidents I recall was the time someone dropped a plutonium ball, about the size of a large gumball, which rolled down the hall right past a group of visiting school students there on a field trip.

I wanted to take the time to share this personal information and say that I was not surprised to read this ATS post. It's all within the realm of possibility.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist

They've already infected mosquitoes with "Nile Valley Virus".
They've already infected ticks with "Lyme Disease".

I've never seen any proof of this. Have you? Do you have links to help?

One problem I've had with these theories is there never seems to be any evidence other than occasional articles not backed up by valid studies or evidence. They seem to be pure conjecture that likely sprang from the thoughts of an individual who believed it without any proof. Just made up off the tops of their heads it would seem.

The other issue I have is that not only does our life expectancy go UP every generation, but our health in old age just keeps getting better. This real evidence seems to indicate that all the hype about the medical community trying to kill us is nothing more than paranoid fantasy.

If these fears were real, our life expectancy would go down each generation and our health in old age would be worse for each generation. Since the opposite is true, what exactly are these fears based on? What evidence? It seems there is none, so the whole thing is pure fiction based on unfounded paranoia is it not?

Having a phobia of MD's or medications has always been quite common. By definition phobia's are irrational fears based on nothing but pure emotion.

I see real danger in spreading false information like this. It could cause those who are less enlightened and prone to paranoia to not take medication, not trust their Doctors or not seek medical help when they need it. It could conceivably cause a persons needless death, making those who spread this nonsense murderers.

Due to these obvious dangers, it would behoove people to not spread information like that without proof in hand. People probably have and will die because of this stuff which seems to have been started by people selling worthless health products in the first place. Go on C2C or Rense, scare people into thinking their own MD's are killing them and sell them books, tapes and bottles of placebos at high prices.

Criticizing wealthy people for giving their money away to help others is also pretty tacky.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

So I ask you guys on here who are questioning his actions... what have you done for the world recently?

Bravo! If this is one line, I'll take the hit.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is ridiculously stupid. They have no right to give vaccines to people that might refuse. Not to mention if they have any adverse side affects they could easily sue and win some easy money.

I'm glad Gates didn't become a medical Doctor because this shows his stupidity. Instead of funding millions into this why won't you just, I don't know, drop the whole "flying syringe" gimmick (which it is, and a bad one at that) and just deliver vaccines the old fashioned way which is pretty cheap? You cannot control these bugs, it's stupid. His next idea should be to use heart worms to perform quadruple heart bypasses....I might actually make some money off of this idea *calls Bill Gates*

Parasites for everyone!

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Another aspect of turning mosquitos into vaccination "needles" is that mosquitos also feed on (bite) animals, not just humans. I can't imagine that vaccinations developed for humans would do animals a lot of good - it may even do damage. And therefore different eco systems could be affected/damaged, couldn't they?

No, this does not sound like a good idea to me either.

[edit on thAmerica/ChicagoamFri, 24 Oct 2008 06:39:23 -05002008-10-24T06:39:23-05:000639106 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok not sure if anyone else has already thought of this.

But think about how many mosquitoes can bite you. Think of that, now if they deliver inoculations in this manner, think about the high probability of overdose.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I got gullian barre from a flu vaccine. Thats all I need, that vaccine again against my will and end up parylized again, and they would take no blame, saying prove it was a mosquito, nice

Ama

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
i bet they fill it with some form of sterilizing agent to sterilize the poor in africa...

Nah, thats why the first official act as president for bush was to cut all of the programs which gave free condoms and birthcontrol to the now very sick and starved third world nations. THEY traditionally love to watch babies sick and starving...

Also what would all the Christian do gooders do? They have always needed orphans and the sick and dying without them they would be less not more.

As for this bone headed idea, it is crazy and just where are the funds going to? Id like to get to the bottom of this BS.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Could having to much of one type of vaccination hurt you? because I am a mosquito magnet during the summer.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Bill G means well with this or not? Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just hasn't thought the idea through too well?

This isn't a good idea. Who said I wanted or really even needed a vaccine anyway? And, how well are you going to be controlling a mosquito? They carry junk with them from different places.

"Oh please Mr. Mosquito, please bite me so my health will be assured."

I guess perhaps I could see, in an ideal way, that this could work. The mosquito behaves and only bites a person one time, and no other mosquitoes with the vaccine bite the person. And the mosquito is nice and clean and only bites on clean and healthy people and animals, only breeds in clean filtered water.

The idea could be bordering on madness, evil or something. And furthermore, if I wanted to kill off people, not heal them, I would use such a creature as a mosquito.

Do you remember the X-files and the honey bees? Makes you wonder.

And if Bill turns out to be an evil man, maybe I should just convert all my friends to Linux or Mac OS. I'll work to stop the flow of money to him.

Troy

[edit on 23-10-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is just research money to judge for viability in proof of concept. One problem with this concept is that they need to figure out a way to make the vaccines non digestible by the mosquito, such as making them refractory to the digestive enzymes, or somehow "programming" them to leave the mosquito stomach. For example, it takes about 2 weeks for a mosquito who has bitten an animal with west nile virus to reach a stage where it can transmit the virus through salivary glands because the virus had bored out of the mosquito stomach. Keep in mind, there are thousands of species of mosquitoes, and they can not all spread the same diseases. Where the WNV may bore through one mosquito stomach lining, it may only get as far as the abdominal wall on another species. In others, it can't even leave the stomach.

If successful, it will probably allow more research into nano-tech that can encapsulate the vaccine in a coating, injected into the body, only to be released if the detection of certain antibodies are not present. If present, the vaccine would be flushed from the body by natural means or perhaps even some type of nano dissolution. Through the same methods, it might be possible to GM mosquitoes so that they kill other types of viruses (like west nile) they ingest when feeding on animals/humans which would further prevent the spread of disease.

A project like this would tie a lot of loose ends together and improve various areas of medicine, and most likely other technologies as well.

OR, THE GOVERNMENT CREATED AIDS AND PUT EVERY OTHER VIRUS INSIDE OF MOSQUITO IN ORDER TO KILL EVERYONE ON EARTH, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING SO WELL SO NOW THEY ARE DOING IT BETTER.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Really though do you know how many mosquitoes it would take to give you an adequate inoculation? They actually inject very little into you as they are there to feed.

I am not saying it is entirely impossible and it makes for interesting conversation, but it would take thousands if not millions of bites to vaccinate a person. Unless they have came up with doses that require only a thousandth of a milligram or something like that. I have never seen a shot that would not take a huge amount of insects to inject.

Though I still wonder if my memory loss is from mosquitoes injecting me with the memory deleting stuff from the other thread. Most likely it is from the spray they claim is for mosquitoes though, considering I still have the blasted things all over when I go outside.

Raist

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Another problem , what about west nile? They should be killing the darn things, not encouraging them to bite people.

Ama

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

thanks for the story DimensionalDetective

this is really some scary stuff they are playing with here imo

i don't think this idea would work effectively and there is no telling what the after effects would be for us and the bugs ! they are freakin nuts !

ding dong let some mosquitoes go free at some meeting recently...

www.google.com...

when i see this kinda stuff i start believing in the NWO and population control

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join