It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is un-American?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Republicans have been talking about what is un-American and they have been saying they want an investigation into who is American and un-American in congress.

What is un-American? Is there exactly a clear definition as to what is un-American? What is unpatriotic?

Are un-American beliefs held by those of our enemies, and, if so, does that make certain people in congress un-American?

Let's take this thought seriously for a moment. Why are they even entertaining this idea in the first place? What has caused them to build up all this emotion and call people American or un-American?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What is un-American ?

Gee, I don't know

Let me guess

anything that isn't in Israel's interests ?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Communists duh! Oh wait, I thought we were still talking about the Red Scare.

My apologies.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ya really, Dock6. Seems that way sometimes... Maybe un-American is in reference to the people who own vast swaths of these United States - the banks or corporations and other supercitizens who help to "influence" which muppet sits in which seat
and pulls which ever is the "money" lever for the day - and whose profits/lives are directly impacted by whatever activities are deemed negative.

I really am confused about what IS American, too, though. Whatever happened to states having a say in what they do? Is that un- or what?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
unamerican is a longstanding buzzword to further divide the american public.

I surmise that it came from the idea of the wealthy european interests/banking empire that america would be less a threat if divided.

Un american is a tool to influence unassuming peoples minds.

our only chance is to unite together as americans. We have to quit blaming and start acting. It sucks that the deliberate dumbing down of this country has seriously screwed over the minority of free thinking individuals around the world.

but if I were ever to use the word unamerican I would definitely use it to describe each and every person affiliated with american soil. Sure everyone does make a difference, but we can only look to ourselves when we want to blame others.
As easy as it is to cast blame on media puppets and shadowy governments, it is also us and the many generations before us that share a stake in it as well.

When will we dump this party system and use brilliant minds to develop a new structure, where everyone has a say. No parties, no t.v. propaganda, no bull#. We need to get off our asses and start creating jobs and/or working to become an export nation. Not on their terms but ours.

This era here is our last chance, but from the looks of things our window of opportunity may unfortunately be gone. Its natural to hope for the best, but it seems as if people will continue playing in to the divide and conquer mechanism deliberately in place to affect the minds of all.

free thinkers can now be considered dangerous, because it seems as if thinking freely is dangerous all of a sudden.

This is a typical symptom of a massive amount of fear gripped minds.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In the USA, it is quite comment to use the word "American" to mean a citizen or resident of the USA, excluding Canada and Mexico. That is just an idiom of USA dialect. No offense to Canadians or Mexicans.

#

Being an "American" means subscribing to certain specific ideals, expressed in the US Constitution, we are born with specific grants of freedom, including the ability to obtain and permanently hold property. We cannot be forced into a particular religion. We have the right to defend ourselves by owning guns. We cannot be imprisoned or punished for something we say or write or publish. We cannot be imprisoned or punished without a trial, and only with a jury of our peers. We cannot be tortured into a confession. Our personal papers, property, communications, life-style cannot be examined by the government arbitrarily, and we can demand total privacy in our personal affairs. Our main officials are elected by the people, and they serve for a fixed duration of time.

I don't know what "Unamerican" means, other than it refers to someone who refutes all of the above, or at least most of it.

By that standard, Obama is clearly Unamerican. Obviously.

(No. Just joking!)

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Buck Division]

top topics

join