It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN admits liberal bias in Palin interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I seen this clip on the news today. He admits bias that the media has towards her. Everyone cries about the Obama bashing...but the Palin bashing is relentless as well.

The reporter also butchered a quote written by another writer and changed what the meaning was.

Here's the link to the video:

www.scam.com...

Read the comments too...interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here is the vid embedded:

Admission starts at 2:25.

CNN has not commented on this...and as far as i know...is completely ignoring it.

Here is the other part of the vid where he butchers a quote from a news article and presents it to her completely wrong:

This starts at 1:30 where he quotes the new article.

Here is the link that shows what was actually misquoted...

www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh, and look at this nugget here:

Study Shows McCain Media Coverage Mostly Negative The Project for Excellence in Journalism's report shows John McCain's media coverage has been 57 percent negative, while Barack Obama's has been 29 percent negative.

Link

elections.foxnews.com...

Media is obviously biased against McCain based on this study...and really all u need to do is watch something other than Foxnews to realize that.

Any comments on this?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I saw this a few minutes ago. Is there an honest journalist in this country anymore?

I've never been as disgusted with the political process as this year. That's why I left this board for a month. The media is gift-wrapping this election for Obama and the rubes are taking the bait hook, line and sinker.

Oh well. I've come to the conclusion that if the American people are dumb enough to fall for this, they deserve exactly what they're going to get. I'm sure that's going to offend someone, but I really don't care anymore.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I know...it's a bunch of BS. Everyone rips on "Faux" news (as they like to call it) for being Pro McCain and anti Obama even though just about everyone else is the opposite. The worst thing about it is that CNN has not denounced this yet.

Our country is spiraling out of control.

We have a corrupt media reporting on a corrupt government who is blaming the financial crisis on our corrupt wall street and corrupt CEOs.

On the bright side...at least i'm still working.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why is this news?

Every media outlet has a bias, and most of the time it's no secret.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Your party got hijacked.

I don't ever remember.....before 2000......even with all the baseless attacks on Bill Clinton.....

The same type of (wording tricky here) anger at the right that feel now. Blame Bush. Blame the Christian Coalition. Blame Bill O'Reilley. Blame the people who stole the party of "fiscal conservatism", and turned it into a shoot first ask questions later religious theocracy.

CNN did not "admit" anything. I saw the same story, and CNN said they had "no comment".....and that was according to FAUX NEWS' own.......... Bill O'Reilley.

The whole world can not have a "Liberal Bias".......because then it is THEY who are in the center. So please.....If I have to hear the words "liberal" and/or "bias"......
ESPECIALLY WHEN USED IN CONJUNCTION......I'm gonna hurl all over someones thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Who's party got hijacked? I'm not a republican..but you are obviously a democrat, a boisterous one at that. Angry post after angry post...it's all you do. The name of the thread is the name of the article.

You are bias bud. You show it more than anyone here and i knew you'd post here because all you do in these threads is throw out snide remarks and spit out your political agenda.

Yeah, your FAUX news. The only one that doesn't kiss Obamas butt every 5 seconds. I don't give a crap about Clinton's election either...i was too young to even vote at the time. I thought he was a good president btw.

Yeah, cnn said "no comment" when they should have denounced it. Go ahead and throw out all of this other stuff, it doesn't change anything.

The whole world does not have a liberal bias...the media has the bias. The media pushes there agenda on people. The majority are for Obama. What are you trying to prove?

I respect many others who don't share my opinion...but quite frankly i can't stand you and you're an example of what is wrong with this country.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've been noticing CNN has been changing lately. They can no longer be considered the Clinton News Network.
I'll give them credit for admitting their Liberal bias.

1 down, 7 more to go.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Who's party got hijacked? I'm not a republican..but you are obviously a democrat, a boisterous one at that. Angry post after angry post...it's all you do. The name of the thread is the name of the article.

Then why is your "source" a blog??
You know....when you post, and use sources like that....you get guys like:

saying "yeah you are right" without even LOOKING at what you just posted.
Talk about angry....

In the words of Walter on the Big Lebowski:
Calmer than you are.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The information is there...2 vids and a study. This issue is known. And frankly in this day and age, it can be difficult to see the difference between a blog and an actual news article since they MSM has an obvious bias.

But it doesn't matter if it's a blog or not, was just showing a link that it was true and that it did happen.

And believe me...i'm sure people are rolling their eyes at you also.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is just how far the media is twisting Palin's words.

Okay, she couldn't name another Supreme Court case off the top of her head besides Roe v Wade. She's not a law student. But clearly she isn't a stupid or dumb individual, as she was elected governor. But some of her comments have troubled me of late.

I like McCain well enough, but Palin is making his ticket shine less. Now I'm wondering if liberal media story butchering is having something to do with that. I mean we're talking about outright lying here to change the context of what was said!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yep...an outright lie and CNN, as far as i know, still has no comment. It's been non stop bashing on her. Constant. It's been like this on ATS as well. Yep, she's said some stupid things...but so has Obama, McCain...and ESPECIALLY Biden. Biden seems to get a pass..."oh he just made another gaffe....silly Biden! SO wait what did Palin do today? How can we ridicule her this time? Let's see what other crap we can dig up on her."

The media is trying everything to belittle her.

And where are all the comments from everyone? Yeah, i knew Grafilthy would spew his rhetoric here...but are people just blowing this off...or is it the fact they already know the media is in the tank and really don't care?

Edit: grammar

[edit on 23-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The only thing "in the tank" is the economy. That's where everyone is and what they are talking about...

really don't care

You said it......they really don't care.

(OK....I'm done spewing rhetoric, gotta go watch some CNN and brush up my liberal bias...)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Lol...aren't you overflowing on that already? Where are going to fit more in that cranium of yours??

new topics

top topics

join