It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Shame Jesus With Your Actions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This thread has been inspired by another on BTS,but it isn't just about that topic.

The chaplain to the London Stock Exchange has said that homosexuals should be tattooed with health warnings similar to those seen on cigarette packets.

www.belowtopsecret.com...&flagit=398248

Followers of Christ can disagree with lifestyles,sinners and wickedness,they don't even have to accept it.

But the very second they preach against such things with anger,hatred,venom,disgust or bigotry,then they are shaming Jesus.

At no time did he preach with anything other than love and compassion.
At no time did he shun the company of sinners.
At no time did he show disgust at the behavior of sinners.
At no time did he treat anyone as inferior to himself or anyone else.

The fact that some leaders as well as some followers of the various Christian faiths act in such a manner,and some actively encourage it and do not condemn such behavior,tells you all you need to know about them and their so called religion of 'peace and love.'

[edit on 22-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Most Christians are actually Paulians, the followers of Paul. Christians consider Paul's writings to be word of God, including his view on homosexuality.

A true follower of Christ follow his example and accept and love all people no matter what or who they are. Jesus walked among "sinners" and low class people.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is ironic, isn't it, that Jesus, the man who is the greatest example of personal freedom would be used in shaming others.

I have been told quite often that Jesus would be ashamed of the things I say on this board and elsewhere and all I have to say is that if he really is equal with the Creator then he would then understand that I am who I am (created by his father). My experiences and how I react are all part of this creation. We can create each and every day by our reactions to the experiences that we face.

I just can't believe that the ultimate Creator would deny us the same privelege... to create with our thoughts and actions. Often times the most beautiful creations come from what at one time would have been considered chaos and/or ugly.

A good friend just reminded me yesterday that "when politics and faith meet, that is where we get religion."

I would rather have a faithful sinner (in the terms of religion.. a homosexual, a fornicator, blah blah) than a religious person who will only stand by me so long as I am doing what he/she deems fit in the eyes of their god.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
great post.

I see this all the time. How so many who can claim to be religious and have a 'holier than thou' air about themselves but fail to mimic the actions of the one they claim to follow is beyond me.

Everything in this universe is connected.

This fact makes the golden rule make a whole lot more sense.

Treat others the way you want to be treated, a very simple rule.

Everything else is simply interpretation.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Another reason organized religion is dangerous. You'll justify your hatred for whatever makes you uncomfortable by telling people they are evil by your religion's standards.

Believe in love, not hate. These poor people have been taught all the wrong things their entire lives.

These people believe in fire and brimstone, not peace and compassion.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
pretty much the biblical principle is love the sinner hate the sin. most christians follow the principles set forth b the catholic church, and that opens up a whole new can of worms.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I really just have to say this....I don't care if you are a Christian, Homosexuality is viewed as a sin and that is the bottom line. I am not going to sugar coat it for you. To say that Jesus accepts your sin is ridiculous. If I am not mistaken Leviticus explains the punishment/sin for homosexuality. Don't use Jesus as an example b/c in the New Testament it is his responsibility to punish the human race ( or rather those who do not believe). Read the Bible. Please. The old testament and the new/

I have a cleaner, he is gay. I love him, but i totally disagree with his lifestyle and have expressed it. So Whatever you discussion is... you are entiltled to that, you have your opinion and I have mine. Let's leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Difference is, your opinion is based on the belief that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull# story. Holy #!

My belief is based on facts and the truth. But, it's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

duality you stupid idiot, jesus, you are dumb. can you even see the truth that is staring at you in your face!!!???

now,

how did that feel? do you still love me? be honest. what was your first reaction? probably, wtf? is this guy serious!? my point is you cant know what real love is without hate. you might be able to experience a bubbly feeling in your stomach, but that is not real love me amigo. (no offence btw with that over the top point i was trying to make) so when you talk about all this "love" stuff, just keep in mind that common trait humans have, hate.

other point. before you go about bashing religion (which at one point I felt very similar to the way you feel) I think it is necessary to remember a few things. 1) there is no religion without humans. maybe some of their beliefs take a stretch of the imagination, but at least they are dedicating themselves to something. Therefore, religion itself, no matter how you look at it is harmless. it is peoples actions and peoples actions alone that have distorted and corrupted belief systems to be manipulated for some advantage for themselves 2)human nature. the part of us that bands together in time of adversity and/ or celebration. granted, religion may have its downfalls and stupendously ridiculous doctrine at times, but it has helped (in todays time) many more people cope than it has hurt.

1 very simple example. prison. maybe inmates dont need religion, Jesus Christ, or Muhammad, but in many instances, religion has facilitated a huge change in these mens life.

also, lets not forget charity that helps people on the street. many of the volunteers and donors oif your local salvation army and homeless shelters come directly from many churches congregations. and they help people who in many cases are very un-thankful and do nothing to help themselves. when is the last time you went down on thanksgiving and served food to the homeless?

just trying to help keep things in perspective.

btw. i am agnostic and dont personally subscribe to any belief set.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What is ironic is how most of you place Jesus before God.

Two lines.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well number one: I have hate for many things. We could sit around and argue their importance in relation to religion (the ideals that one bases ones life off of) or we could view most of my hatred as petty and not really pertaining much to the goodwill of humanity.

#2: I am not bashing religion. I recently found mine after being a non-believer for many years. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. I love my religion more than myself or anyone in my life. I do, however, see the hatred and self-righteousness exuded by most people in organized religion, in which one does not place faith in a higher power, but in PEOPLE!

Place faith in people who write your bible for you, who tell you all the rules, who pervert your beautiful gift into some sort of policy, and you will experience a hate-filled life.

Yes, people are very imperfect. We are all filled with hate. Which is why none of us are worthy of teaching one another what religion is.

Religion does not know hate.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
i was just giving you my perspective of duality.

you seemed to have a strong bias (based off your first post) about religion, so I thought I might chime in and give you an alternative perspective.

i didnt really understand much of your reply. not sure what you mean by:

importance in relation to religion (the ideals that one bases ones life off of)

but I can definitely agree with this statement:

hatred as petty and not really pertaining much to the goodwill of humanity

but again, my point is that hate has its place in the world we live in.

I love my religion more than myself or anyone in my life.

I truly hope this is an overstatement, but if it is not, if i were you I would take a step back and re-evaluate your faith and what it is telling you or what you think it is telling you. Sometimes interpretation is the worst part about any religion.

We are all filled with hate.

I whole heartedly disagree. In fact I would say evidence of everything around you is in direct contradiction to that statement.

Religion does not know hate.

that is my exact point. religion has no rational. it makes no decisions.
religion knows nothing. including love, hate or any other uman trait. religion is nothing with out humans. any religion.

when you say you love your religion, what is it about it that you actually love? the way it makes you feel? religion is not a physical thing, so I find your "love" for it maybe a little misunderstood.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Actually, I was trying to back much of what you said.

I love MY religion. It is mine. I believe in personal religion. It takes a lot of work to find, and thusly, is something most people don't achieve. I try to say this with the least amount of conceit that I can, but really, people are lazy. They'd rather be told than teach themselves.

Hate is human. We are dirty, vile beasts. We are different from other creatures for many reasons, and one of them is deep distain. When a person teaches your religion, they exude their hate into you without even trying. You're inundated with opinion, not the word of God.

Find your own. I will never try to prove to people my own religion any more. I WILL do my best to try to tell people to look within themselves and realize that their existence is wonderful and to take every moment as a gift. Maybe that is slight inundation, but at least its all positive.

Having said all that, we've deviated from the discussion in a HUGE way.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hey, I'm ready to admit that there are SOME good things about religion.

BUT, and this is a big one for me.....those that spout that THEY know the truth, and that THIER way, or THIER belief is the truth, the one truth, and the only truth, so help them...

You get my point.

Religion is an invention of man. Plain and simple. People can do good things, and people can do bad things. There may be a GOD, there might not be, I'm not here to argue that, " I don't know whether God exists or not, and neither do you."

Bottom line, hoopity said " really just have to say this....I don't care if you are a Christian, Homosexuality is viewed as a sin and that is the bottom line. I am not going to sugar coat it for you. To say that Jesus accepts your sin is ridiculous."

Your statments are ridiculous. It is SIMPLY your opinion, and others like you, that certain lifestyles are a sin. In fact, the fact that you come on here judging others is a sin. It's your right though, and since it is MY right to sin....LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT IT ALREADY!!!!! Bajeezuz......
If you think something is a sin....THEN DON'T FRIGGIN DO IT!!!!! buit please.....keep it to yourself, because I have the right to sin if I want to, so long as it doesn't hurt another human being.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The life of Christ, whether real or an analogy, is one in which he could not shun anyone because he knew that his "God" was everywhere and that we were all God's image, and to shun anything would be to shun his God. Christ lived for the love of his God, his God the creator, was also omnipresent, and thus present within the creation and the creatures, and to love his God he must love everything that he knows his God is, that which is everything due to its omnipresence.

Now to the clearer meaning.

The life of Christ, whether real or an analogy, is one in which he could not shun anyone because he knew that the Eternal Existence, the creator of him, was everywhere and that we were all in the image of the Eternal existence, and to shun anything would be to shun his own existence because we are all one through the interconnected omnipresence of the Eternal existence. Christ lived for the love of the Eternal existence, his God the creator was also omnipresent, and thus present within the creation and the creatures, and to love his God he must love everything that he knows his God is, that which is everything due to its omnipresence.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Deaf Alien

Very true.
And its amazing how many people forget or don't even know that Jesus did such things.

Matthew 9:10-13.

10 And it came to pass,as Jesus sat at meat in the house,behold,many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.11 And when the Pharisees saw it,they said unto his disciples,Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?12 But when Jesus heard that,he said unto them,They that be whole need not a physician,but they that are sick.13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth,I will have mercy,and not sacrifice:for I am not come to call the righteous,but sinners to repentance.

justamomma

I have been told quite often that Jesus would be ashamed of the things I say on this board and elsewhere and all I have to say is that if he really is equal with the Creator then he would then understand that I am who I am (created by his father). My experiences and how I react are all part of this creation. We can create each and every day by our reactions to the experiences that we face.

You can speak your mind whenever you want,but when you are preaching or teaching in the name of Jesus then you have to follow his example.If not,you make a mockery of all that he stood for.

iiinvision

Treat others the way you want to be treated, a very simple rule.

And one of the easiest to break.
I've had a guy say to me,'Jesus loves you,but you're a walking disease and an abomination to the eyes of God.'
I tell ya' i really felt the love at that moment

goopity

To say that Jesus accepts your sin is ridiculous.
If I am not mistaken Leviticus explains the punishment/sin for
homosexuality.

Jesus accepts everyone.
'Love the sinner hate the sin.' not 'Hate the sinner as well as the sin.'

Don't use Jesus as an example b/c in the New Testament it is his responsibility to punish the human race

No it isn't.When he comes again he will judge mankind accordingly.
The NT is about his life,his teachings,his death,his ressurection and giving us the ultimate example on how we should live our lives.

Read the Bible. Please. The old testament and the new/

I think it is you who needs to do this,not me.

I have a cleaner, he is gay. I love him, but i totally disagree with his lifestyle and have expressed it.

It all depends on how you express it.If you say,'I don't accept your way of life,lets leave it at that.' Then no harm done.But i have a feeling your expression on this matter had plenty of venom in it.If so,i'm sure your cleaner felt the love coming from you.

abelievingskeptic

Therefore, religion itself, no matter how you look at it is harmless. it is peoples actions and peoples actions alone that have distorted and corrupted belief systems to be manipulated for some advantage for themselves

I would say that it is faith that is harmless.Religions usually involve organized churches,dogma and fundamental beliefs.

To me faith is spiritual.Religion is material.

top topics

join