It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers a Teen while Friends Cheer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2008/10/21/pn.cop.tasers.teen.cnn

I'm probably going to become notorious for posting articles I just read, but didn't know if you guy had seen this or not.

Pretty disgusting on the part of the policeman, don't you think? Some people...

What are your thoughts?

According to the news, he lost his job.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is not exactly a "policeman" tasering an innocent teen. More like a stupid 22 year old drunk kid tasering an even stupider drunk 15 year old that went along because it "sounded cool".

Granted the 22 year old is obviously too irresponsible to be in the police force, especially since he thought it was a such a fun idea it should be captured on video, but it is certainly not police brutality.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

It is good he lost his job, though.

I think that too often the actions of the few dictate the perceptions of the many. I am military and I have many friends who are both federal and local level law enforcement. It pains me to see these types of incidents make it into the public realm and give others a bad name.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I;ve posted on this subject before. If anyone is going to be allowed on a police force, they should go through extensive psychological testing before being allowed on the force and then at least every two years thereafter. (More often, if there is an "incident.") A lot of cops out there are nothing more than heartless bastards who are too damned lazy to do their jobs the way they should.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I;ve posted on this subject before. If anyone is going to be allowed on a police force, they should go through extensive psychological testing before being allowed on the force and then at least every two years thereafter. (More often, if there is an "incident.") A lot of cops out there are nothing more than heartless bastards who are too damned lazy to do their jobs the way they should.

Yeah well when we start paying cops 80k a year to deal with the scum of society then maybe we can ensure that they are all "of the highest intellectual and emotional calibur".

The fact is they see horrid, immoral atrocities on a frequent basis. They deal with the dysfunctional dregs of society day in and day out. That has a psychological effect. Try watching Jerry Spring 24/7 and see if it changes your perspective on what is "normal".

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

thats the scary part, they are supposed to go through a screening process, they just cant decide to be a "cop" and thats it!
this in itself tells me a lot on the current state of the forces of law and order...

new topics

top topics

join